vCash
    Williams
    Heath
    Tulu
    Walley
    Payton
    Spivey
    Ducking
    There’s 6 guys with game experience and one in Ducking would have gotten lots of PT from what I was told if eligible
    Also With Knox and Jacobi Moore coming in I think both will play.. and I wouldn’t be shocked if one of them had a Walley type year .

I had much rather have grad transfers at other positions unless a transfer Wr has more than one year to play
    Like someone said , there is a reason why a Wr is in the portal ..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Williams
    Heath
    Tulu
    Walley
    Payton
    Spivey
    Ducking
    There’s 6 guys with game experience and one in Ducking would have gotten lots of PT from what I was told if eligible
    Also With Knox and Jacobi Moore coming in I think both will play.. and I wouldn’t be shocked if one of them had a Walley type year .

I had much rather have grad transfers at other positions unless a transfer Wr has more than one year to play
    Like someone said , there is a reason why a Wr is in the portal ..
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    This San Jose State WR can play. Here’s his stat line by season:

2020 (only 8 games)— 45 for 627 and 4 TD’s
    2019– 79 for 1,161 and 2 TD’s
    2018– 39 for 714 and 5 TD’s
    2017– 16 for 288 and 1 TD

vCash
    We need DB's.

vCash
    1. DB
    2. OL
    3. MLB
    4. WR

As nice as it would be to have another WR, we have far more pressing needs at other positions.

vCash
    Before you guys panic too much about some of our players entering the portal, see where they end up. At most it hurts our depth. Saw where Key played some WR and RB at VA, maybe. Name one so far who has gone to a big name program and hit it big. So far, I am not big on the portal coming or going. Most seem to leave because of lack of playing time. I never want another "big name QB" from a "big conference" that is none SEC. Develope our own! Hail State and nothing but best wishes to them all.

vCash
    My son and I had a very long conversation in the parking lot with Cam's Dad after a home game. Super nice guy who knew his football. I think it was in SloJo's second(?) year. He did however, try to convince me that Jo would be successful. I strongly disagreed with his analysis. Best of luck to Cam and thanks for his contributions at State!

vCash
    Apparently the San Jose St Receiver will sign with the Dogs in Feb. and apparently Chance Lovertich, will also be joining the Bulldogs. Interesting QB room. Rogers from Brandon, Abraham from Oxford, Lovertich from Prep, a 3 star from Texas and some high 4 star from Lubbock named Sawyer. Sorting it out should be easy, but it is Leach we are working with.

Now if we can find some guys to stop the opponents, we will be just fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Apparently the San Jose St Receiver will sign with the Dogs in Feb. and apparently Chance Lovertich, will also be joining the Bulldogs. Interesting QB room. Rogers from Brandon, Abraham from Oxford, Lovertich from Prep, a 3 star from Texas and some high 4 star from Lubbock named Sawyer. Sorting it out should be easy, but it is Leach we are working with.

Now if we can find some guys to stop the opponents, we will be just fine.
    You saying we for sure are getting the San Jose St WR?

vCash
    Why do y?all love Spivey so much? If he?s not jawing or committing a penalty, he?s dropping crossing routes in the red zone. Hopefully he matures some over the off-season and his hands get better in the red zone, but based off of what I witnessed he?s got to improve to be any help offensively

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    Why do y?all love Spivey so much? If he?s not jawing or committing a penalty, he?s dropping crossing routes in the red zone. Hopefully he matures some over the off-season and his hands get better in the red zone, but based off of what I witnessed he?s got to improve to be any help offensively
    He's a big body, which we don't have and if Osirus leaves then Spivey and Cumbest are the tallest receivers we have. I'm actually very bullish on Spivey's potential. I think you give him a full regular offseason in this offense and he can be a target for us, especially in the RZ.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    He's a big body, which we don't have and if Osirus leaves then Spivey and Cumbest are the tallest receivers we have. I'm actually very bullish on Spivey's potential. I think you give him a full regular offseason in this offense and he can be a target for us, especially in the RZ.
    If he learns to catch the football he will be a weapon. He had two massive drops this year on what looked like the exact same play in almost the exact same part of the field.

He's an underneath zone buster and a big body which we will need in this league. If he can find some consistency he could be a huge weapon for us.

vCash
    We know what we have with Walley. We don?t know what is going to happen with Heath after the Bowl incident all washes out. I think Spivey may...MAY....have the best potential for Fred Ross type performances of all the returning receivers. We just got immediate help from an experienced WR. We know that Leach would like a solid group of 9-10 talented receivers with a roster # around 18-20 and he wants at least 5 QBs to be throwing them 100?s of passes this spring.

I really believe he expects the two defensive targets to sign in Feb. and he will expect Arnett to mix and match a serviceable defense to go with his high powered offense. Just the way he operates. He focuses on offense and let?s the D coaches take care of their side. Don?t think I ever saw Leach getting into a D coach like Mullen did. He is going to want the D to get the ball for the offense enough times for the offense to outscore the opponent. That?s 4 Non-Con wins and 4-5 conference wins as a primary goal and any thing better is gravy.

Edited to add my way too early prediction:

7-5 bottom, 8-4 top for 2021
    9-3 bottom for 2022, 2nd in the SEC West
    Last edited by CaptainObvious; 01-08-2021 at 09:00 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    We know what we have with Walley. We don?t know what is going to happen with Heath after the Bowl incident all washes out. I think Spivey may...MAY....have the best potential for Fred Ross type performances of all the returning receivers. We just got immediate help from an experienced WR. We know that Leach would like a solid group of 9-10 talented receivers with a roster # around 18-20 and he wants at least 5 QBs to be throwing them 100?s of passes this spring.

I really believe he expects the two defensive targets to sign in Feb. and he will expect Arnett to mix and match a serviceable defense to go with his high powered offense. Just the way he operates. He focuses on offense and let?s the D coaches take care of their side. Don?t think I ever saw Leach getting into a D coach like Mullen did. He is going to want the D to get the ball for the offense enough times for the offense to outscore the opponent. That?s 4 Non-Con wins and 4-5 conference wins as a primary goal and any thing better is gravy.

Edited to add my way too early prediction:

7-5 bottom, 8-4 top for 2021
    9-3 bottom for 2022, 2nd in the SEC West
    I think we could be 9-3 in 2021
    Maybe 9-3 or 10-2 in 2022

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbone View Post
    I think we could be 9-3 in 2021
    Maybe 9-3 or 10-2 in 2022
    Why not? We're undefeated for 2021. Hail State!