Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cam Gardner Enters the Portal

vCash

Cam Gardner Enters the Portal

[tweet2]1346942436950605826[/tweet2]

vCash
    Javonta Payton moves outside. Opens up a portal spot. No hard feelings best of luck bless his heart

vCash
    I really had been hoping he would be able to break through. I know some of his family fairly well.

I know Leach mentioned that he could be really good if the light ever turned on. Dang it, one has to do what one can in this world.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Javonta Payton moves outside. Opens up a portal spot. No hard feelings best of luck bless his heart
    Y'all have a lot more faith in the portal than I do. Not that losing Cam is a big loss but we aren't going to make a living getting a ton of help in the portal. There's a reason most of those guys are there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Y'all have a lot more faith in the portal than I do. Not that losing Cam is a big loss but we aren't going to make a living getting a ton of help in the portal. There's a reason most of those guys are there.
    This. Too much competition
    Last edited by Bothrops; 01-06-2021 at 05:57 PM.

vCash

I agree in concept but reciever and QB are the positions we might actually pull quality talent away from other schools, particularly run-first schools.

vCash
    I agree with that. But at least it is someone who wants to be here vs someone who aint all in.

We are 1 player away from being ready on offense

vCash
    Yeah. Plus we can only sign 26 guys this cycle no matter how many guys leave, so it's not like Cam leaving frees up a scholarship for this signing class. The only way it's not a loss is if we give it to a walk on player. Our numbers situation is less than ideal.

vCash
    I agree with that. But at least it is someone who wants to be here vs someone who aint all in.

I'd argue 2-3. I'm not sold on our guards. We'll be fine at tackle with Cross and Kam, and I think Dolla Bill came along at one of the guard spots, but with Parker leaving, they'll be a hole there and I'm not sure who fills it. I don't think the Juco guys we signed will be ready.

And then we're getting pretty thin at WR. The starting group of Heath, Walley, Williams, and Tulu is good. But there's not much behind them, especially at outside WR. I agree that Payton may need to move outside if he returns. We also need to hope Ducking is productive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I'd argue 2-3. I'm not sold on our guards. We'll be fine at tackle with Cross and Kam, and I think Dolla Bill came along at one of the guard spots, but with Parker leaving, they'll be a hole there and I'm not sure who fills it. I don't think the Juco guys we signed will be ready.

And then we're getting pretty thin at WR. The starting group of Heath, Walley, Williams, and Tulu is good. But there's not much behind them, especially at outside WR. I agree that Payton may need to move outside if he returns. We also need to hope Ducking is productive.
    Ducking would be starting but I wont get into why not bc its his own business.

Spivey will play outside WR as well. I do not expect Mitchell to be back and Heath is on thin ice. Rufus Harvey needs to mature and be what he is capable of being.

Scott Lashley will get a shot to play somewhere. Possibly a guard.

vCash

Spivey will play outside WR as well. I do not expect Mitchell to be back and Heath is on thin ice. Rufus Harvey needs to mature and be what he is capable of being.

I've read Scott is moving on. You heard different?

vCash

I put it out there last fall that ducking was our best wr in practice. And he was academically ineligible. That's common knowledge now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I've read Scott is moving on. You heard different?
    I'll be shocked if he's back.

vCash
    Best for Cam.. and def best for MSU

vCash
    Are we gonna take a portal WR?
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    Are we gonna take a portal WR?
    Not with three spots and bigger needs at DB, OL, and MLB.

We could start

Heath and Tulu on the outside

Walley, Austin Williams, Payton, Cumbest, and Spivey in the slot.

And we're adding Knox and Moore. Osiris is probably coming back. I think Caleb Ducking will be in the rotation as well and he's a wild card.

That's a pretty decent two deep.

vCash

Sawyer Robertson?***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Not with three spots and bigger needs at DB, OL, and MLB.

We could start

Heath and Tulu on the outside

Walley, Austin Williams, Payton, Cumbest, and Spivey in the slot.

And we're adding Knox and Moore. Osiris is probably coming back. I think Caleb Ducking will be in the rotation as well and he's a wild card.

That's a pretty decent two deep.
    I really hate the fact that we have to rely on Cumbest and Spivey to fill out a WR rotation.....
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    I really hate the fact that we have to rely on Cumbest and Spivey to fill out a WR rotation.....
    I think that changes this fall.

vCash
    I think either one of them could be a solid WR and red zone threats. They're big bodies who have good hands. And we might not like it, but those two and Osiris are our tallest WRs right now. Everyone else is in the 6'1-6'2 range or shorter.