Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Keep your head up Coach McCray-Penson

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

Keep your head up Coach McCray-Penson

Talkers will talk, haters will hate....But, remember our Heavenly Father's words...."FEAR NOT." He didn't bring you this far to leave you now. Again, keep your head up coach. Stay in faith.
    Last edited by jdelta02; 01-04-2021 at 03:24 PM.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdelta02 View Post
    Talkers will talk, haters will hate....But, remember our Heavenly Father's words...."FEAR NOT." He didn't bring you this far to leave you now. Again, keep your head up coach. Stay in faith.
    and...welcome to the board. I didn't know she read the board.
    No Signature

vCash
    What is she sick because I don't think god really cares about sports. If he did Bama would not have all those NC's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    What is she sick because I don't think god really cares about sports. If he did Bama would not have all those NC's.
    That's the truth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Of course he cares, that's why the Cowboys had a hole in their roof all those years - so God could watch.***
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Evaluating, critiquing, and expressing an opinion is not hating. A talk board or talk show talks it is what they do. Don't think I've seen any coach hate?

God will not leave us nor forsake us as believers but no where does God promise to help us win games or make lots of money, etc. There are many things in life that God gave us the freewill to choose our path and direction so we have responsibility as well in our results. God's mission for all people is to glorify Him in our life.

Hope coach is successful there and in the process wins some games at MSU. Can't get better though without taking a serious look at our own failures and correcting those mistakes. Vic did that as he went along. No harm in that.

vCash
    What R2Dawg said.

vCash
    It's fair to critique her IMO. She came into what most people believed was a talented team and so far they have underperformed. Welcome to the Big Leagues. This isn't Old Dominion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Evaluating, critiquing, and expressing an opinion is not hating. A talk board or talk show talks it is what they do. Don't think I've seen any coach hate?

God will not leave us nor forsake us as believers but no where does God promise to help us win games or make lots of money, etc. There are many things in life that God gave us the freewill to choose our path and direction so we have responsibility as well in our results. God's mission for all people is to glorify Him in our life.

Hope coach is successful there and in the process wins some games at MSU. Can't get better though without taking a serious look at our own failures and correcting those mistakes. Vic did that as he went along. No harm in that.
    (Our Father sees the bigger picture, he's the actual author..he cares about the people that coach and play, fans, ect...concerns them..it concerns him) This bigger than basketball, sports.... Talkers and haters hurt people emotionally and other ways, create doubts, ect....spiritual. Also, people have been bashing Coach McCray-Penson on Twitter. Saw where people were even bashing the clothes she wears to games. A good bit of Miss. State fans are hating on the fact that she and her players took a stand regarding the racial tension, climate going on in the United States, other places in the world...they take different views, have sided against her, rooting for her to fail, bad mouthing her on media platforms, ect. Coach McCray-Penson has overcome cancer and other life challenges..our Heavenly Father has been with her, through it all, and now at Miss. State dealing with fans hating on her stance regarding the the racial climate, also..her being a black woman taking over Coach Schaefer's job, ect....he's still with her

My Heavenly Father is always with us, involved in every aspect of everything we're involved in (including sports)...regardless wins or losses, he's concerned about us....if it concerns us it concerns him....he's Spirit, within our being.
    Last edited by jdelta02; 01-04-2021 at 08:36 PM.

vCash
    (Our Father sees the bigger picture, he's the actual author..he cares about the people that coach and play, fans, ect...concerns them..it concerns him) This bigger than basketball, sports.... Talkers and haters hurt people emotionally and other ways, create doubts, ect....spiritual. Also, people have been bashing Coach McCray-Penson on Twitter. Saw where people were even bashing the clothes she wear to games. A good bit of Miss. State fans are hating on the fact that she and her players took a stand regarding the racial tension, climate going on in the United States, other places in the world...they take diffetent views, have sided against her, rooting for her to fail, bad mouthing her on media platforms, ect. Coach McCray has overcome cancer and other life challenges..our Heavenly Father has been with her, through it all, and now at Miss. State dealing with fans hating on her stance regarding the the racial climate, also..her being a black woman taking over Coach Schaefer's job, ect....he's still with her

My Heavenly Father is always with us, involved in every aspect of everything we're involved in (including sports)...regardless wins or losses, he's concerned about us....if it concerns us it concerns him....he's Spirit, within our being.
    Big time coaches have to just get use to it. She is not the only coach at Miss State to get hammered. Hell Mullen was call Scientologist, hunch back, causing Eddie, Cuckold. His wife was hammered all the time and still gets hammered. I was in the Marine Corp. I only made 850.00 a month. Trust me no one was nice to me. They did give an extra 2.77 a day for combat pay. Pay me the money they are paying her and they can talk about my mom and will not give one shit about it. I have never said anything about her. I really don't care about basketball, both men's and women's. I just don't care but if she is going to be in that position she better grow alligator skin.

vCash
    (Our Father sees the bigger picture, he's the actual author..he cares about the people that coach and play, fans, ect...concerns them..it concerns him) This bigger than basketball, sports.... Talkers and haters hurt people emotionally and other ways, create doubts, ect....spiritual. Also, people have been bashing Coach McCray-Penson on Twitter. Saw where people were even bashing the clothes she wears to games. A good bit of Miss. State fans are hating on the fact that she and her players took a stand regarding the racial tension, climate going on in the United States, other places in the world...they take different views, have sided against her, rooting for her to fail, bad mouthing her on media platforms, ect. Coach McCray-Penson has overcome cancer and other life challenges..our Heavenly Father has been with her, through it all, and now at Miss. State dealing with fans hating on her stance regarding the the racial climate, also..her being a black woman taking over Coach Schaefer's job, ect....he's still with her

delta, I appreciate your passion for our women's basketball. I love basketball too but you may have stepped off one step too far on this. I think we agree on many things but just the weighting is off.

Yes God is involved in everything to some level - He either causes it or allows it. Trying to explain and think we understand God's sovereignty is a subject we can't really do justice. God is also mysterious and His ways and thoughts are way bigger than man's ways.

The racial stuff is way out of whack and misapplied by many that contradicts much of the Bible. False guilt is wrong. Generalzed guilt is also wrong. We are all guilty before God. Racism can be practiced by all not just white people. Racism is also mostly an act of the heart. People are calling people racist because they are white or a cop or whatever. Wrong, wrong, wrong. Way too much to get into here but you keep pushing the racism thing. Vic took heat too so are we racist against Vic because he is a white man? How do you come to the conclusion that people critique her and it is just because she is a black woman? You can't see anyone's heart only God. You need to step it back some.

Yes God is with us but He ain't with those that don't stand for righteousness. God will never leave His followers but He will also not support His followers when they are unrighteous and do wrong.

I haven't seen anyone wanting her to fail, actually the opposite. MSU fans want their team, players, coaches to succeed because they love MSU. When the coaches fall short (not just lose a game) in any area, we call for better because that is what we expect, not because anyone is racist. Everyone today wants to play the race card anytime something happens they disagree. This must stop, that is racist in itself. Like Morgan Freeman said once, want to stop racism, stop talking about it. There is only one race - human race that God created.

Yes fans of every school or people not just MSU can be mean spirited at times or whatever. It has to do with who we are as people not special to MSU. MSU is good people for the most part with a much better culture on campus than most schools.

There will always be haters. Jesus said, the world will hate you because of Me. We don't sling insults back though. I am guilty of it sometimes myself.

vCash
    Multiple fans have come on this message board and admitted themselves that they have issues with Coach McCray-Penson's stance regarding the racial climate, her posting on social media, and her going to Jackson speaking on these matters, ect. Also, fans have posted on multiple Miss. State message boards bashing Andra-Espinoza-Hunter's stance on these matters...and her opting out of the season. Same with Miss. State football players that spoke out, opted out, ect. Sidney Cooks as well.

When some of the Miss. State football players have spoken against the views of varius fans on these matters...posters haver come on these message boards bashing them, Saw where a fan indicated that they should be more like Dak Prescott in regards to their opinions, and stance.
    Last edited by jdelta02; 01-04-2021 at 09:00 PM.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Multiple fans have come on this message board and admitted themselves that they have issues with Coach McCray-Penson's stance regarding the racial climate, her posting on social media, and her going to Jackson speaking on these matters, ect. Also, fans have posted on multiple Miss. State message boards bashing Andra-Espinoza-Hunter's stance on these matters...and her opting out of the season. Same with Miss. State football players that spoke out, opted out, ect. Sidney Cooks as well.

When some of the Miss. State football players have spoken against the views of varius fans on these matters...posters haver come on these message boards bashing them, Saw where a fan indicated that they should be more like Dak Prescott in regards to their opinions, and stance.
    I guess I missed your post on here praying for Coach Leach when fans were upset about him. I wonder why.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    I guess I missed your post on here praying for Coach Leach when fans were upset about him. I wonder why.
    Exactly. Can you imagine it? After the UK game if there was was a thread titled, "Coach Leach - Keep Your Head Up"? The response would be, he's making beyond wildest dreams/Eff U money and just started a new job. He's fine and would probably have said the same. We wouldn't infantilize/patronize him, fretting over his feelings. Just hilarious.

ETA - jdelta02 I appreciate what you bring to the board and hope you'll continue doing so. Just find it interesting that we'll tell a woman coach not to get down in their feelings but not a man. Both of whom make fireplace money.
    Last edited by DeltaChicagoDog; 01-07-2021 at 09:05 AM.

vCash
    Thanks for this post. It needed to be said. It still baffles my mind when fans blatantly speak their prejudices and biases, often laced with their political views (maybe they can't be separated bc they are often one and the same). I understand that when your Pawpaw and Preacher ingrains it, it's who you are.

Players and recruits read this stuff. I know the standard answers are: all fans do it and the players can't be so thin-skinned. But these young people use electronic forms as their primary means of communication. They are more conscious and sensitive to the underlying message in these post. MSU is not Bama...we don't have the luxury of losing good players/recruits due to some fans living in times past. And I know for a Fact that some tweets costed a football recruit this year.
    Last edited by PendingTransaction; 01-04-2021 at 05:47 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PendingTransaction View Post
    Thanks for this post. It needed to be said. It still baffles my mind when fans blatantly speak their prejudices and biases, often laced with their political views (maybe they can't be separated bc they are often one and the same). I understand that when your Pawpaw and Preacher ingrains it, it's who you are.

Players and recruits read this stuff. I know the standard answers are: all fans do it and the players can't be so thin-skinned. But these young people use electronic forms as their primary means of communication. They are more conscious and sensitive to the underlying message in these post. MSU is not Bama...we don't have the luxury of losing good players/recruits due to some fans living in times past. And I know for a Fact that some tweets costed a football recruit this year.
    Oh boy, here we go.

vCash

THIS BOARD ATTACKS WHITE COACHES AND PLAYERS ALL THE TIME!!! gtf out of here with that "any criticism of McCray-Pinson is racist"

A large percentage of this board wanted Mullen fired after '16, and he's still criticized.

A large percentage of this board wants Cohen gone

A large percentage wants Howland gone

A large percentage referred to white baseball player Alexander as "Foam Bat" due to his lack of power.

The ENTIRELY of the board wanted JoMo fired and a lot of anger was displayed about it.

A large percentage of the board is still saying Leach wont' work here, and many literally wanted him fired after game 3.

BUT, when a black coach publicly supports left leaning politics AND the on court play is far worse than we've grown accustomed too, then any criticism of her is motivated by racism alone?

If this board really is racist against her then we're 10x as racist against whites, because the VAST majority of the hate is thrown at white employees. Most hate at players is towards black players, but then again most players are black, so what do you expect? White players get crapped on too, and black players get loved on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    THIS BOARD ATTACKS WHITE COACHES AND PLAYERS ALL THE TIME!!! gtf out of here with that "any criticism of McCray-Pinson is racist"

A large percentage of this board wanted Mullen fired after '16, and he's still criticized.

A large percentage of this board wants Cohen gone

A large percentage wants Howland gone

A large percentage referred to white baseball player Alexander as "Foam Bat" due to his lack of power.

The ENTIRELY of the board wanted JoMo fired and a lot of anger was displayed about it.

A large percentage of the board is still saying Leach wont' work here, and many literally wanted him fired after game 3.

BUT, when a black coach publicly supports left leaning politics AND the on court play is far worse than we've grown accustomed too, then any criticism of her is motivated by racism alone?

If this board really is racist against her then we're 10x as racist against whites, because the VAST majority of the hate is thrown at white employees. Most hate at players is towards black players, but then again most players are black, so what do you expect? White players get crapped on too, and black players get loved on.
    That is real and the truth but the truth don't fit the narrative being spewed. God is about truth not lies and deception that is of the devil - the father of lies.

vCash

I've seen no fans express any prejudices as you suggest. I've seen some express their critique of a coach's decisions that have nothing to do with race and all about a ball game. Racists typically try to solve everything by accusations of racism. Just see people as people.

So fans can't express a political view but players and coaches can? Great double standard there. That is the problem with the tolerance preaching crowd. They are the most intolerant people.

I can agree to disagree politically and be fine but when you bring God into it, now you have to adhere to an absolute standard and that is where the BLM, social justice crowd lose it. Before I get accused, for the record God condemns all kinds of racism and it occurs on all levels not just one as BLM suggest.

For your recruiting stuff. MSU needs to be real and straight up. If a recruit don't like it, we don't need him. Have we not learned that the primo donnas don't work out?

vCash

Let me see if I can understand this. Probably won?t be able to because it is poppycock.

When we criticize any coach, McCray-Pinson, Mike Leach, Dan Mullen, Ben Howland, Etc..., for not getting up off their lazy ass and getting up in the poor little ball players who may be sensitive because some kid pushed them down on the play ground in the 4th grade, WE ARE BEING RACIST!!!

If you, a Christian can?t deal with that kind of stuff, what the heck are you going to do when the socialists the Woke crowd has been electing starts taking away your rights and tells you to get a number or a chip put on you so you can buy groceries? All the freaking snowflake poor little mistreated Americans have no clue because apparently they NEVER WATCHED WHEN THE ISLAMIST CUT THE HEADA OFF THE 20 COPTIC CHRISTIANS ON LIVE VIDEO BECAUSE THEY WOULDNT DENOUNCE CHRIST AS THEIR SAVIOR!!

Don?t come preaching on here about feelings. GOD has a lot more important things on His mind as He sees Millions of Americans turn their backs to Him! HOW DARE YOU!!!! When millions of babies are aborted for convenience, you worry about the feelings of millionaires who are coaching a children?s game!!!! Get out of here. Go read the Bible again, And this time make sure you read it prayerfully. Because you missed the whole message!!!!
    Last edited by CaptainObvious; 01-04-2021 at 06:13 PM.