Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Mac Jones a 1st rounder?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    Carolina has a better supporting cast than the Falcons. Christian McCaffery plus 3 1000yd receivers this year.
    McCaffery won't finish a season. Dude is a toothpick unlike his dad.

vCash
    Uh am I missing something? He?s been benched almost every game they let him start then got blown with with 3 picks today
    I said MILD success. As a whole he hasn't been horrible in the games he's played in. Yesterday was bad yes but relative to Bama QBs he's had a better year than any Bama QB that's come out in decades. You'd have to go way way back to find a Bama QB that has thrown for more yards and more TDs than Tua has in 10 games this year. Btw he's 6-3 in games he's started the 10th game he played in they won but he didn't start.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    McCaffery won't finish a season. Dude is a toothpick unlike his dad.
    I?m starting to get the impression you don?t actually watch football, and just repeat things you hear.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    I said MILD success. As a whole he hasn't been horrible in the games he's played in. Yesterday was bad yes but relative to Bama QBs he's had a better year than any Bama QB that's come out in decades. You'd have to go way way back to find a Bama QB that has thrown for more yards and more TDs than Tua has in 10 games this year. Btw he's 6-3 in games he's started the 10th game he played in they won but he didn't start.
    Fair enough. That 6-3 record is a bit skewed however because they benched him in half of those to bring in Fitz who won the game.

vCash
    All it takes is one team to need a QB and them have him rated as the best QB on the board and he is going in the first round.

Do I want him as my NFL QB? I don't know, I have not seen him under duress much and therefore I would not at this point in time.

I think its why you see QB's from everywhere do well, they have seen more pressure on a weekly basis and learn to deal with it better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    All it takes is one team to need a QB and them have him rated as the best QB on the board and he is going in the first round.

Do I want him as my NFL QB? I don't know, I have not seen him under duress much and therefore I would not at this point in time.

I think its why you see QB's from everywhere do well, they have seen more pressure on a weekly basis and learn to deal with it better.
    That is the roll of the dice on Bama QBs. None have really worked out yet. It has been said that Tua admitted that some of his problems are he isn't used to throwing open receivers. Even if they throw into a tighter window, the WR is just so much better than the DB that it works out more than not.

Having Bama Oline that is allowed to hold all they want leads to bad habits for QBs. They don't develop the clock in their head like other QBs. It is like if a hitter only saw 75 mph fastballs but other guys are seeing 90+. Even if the guy is dominant, you don't know what he will do when he sees 90+.

vCash
    The latest mock draft I saw had him going to the Steelers as the 28th pick. I would be okay with that because Rudolph is not the answer and neither is Josh Dobbs. Jones would have at least 1 year under Big Ben before starting. Personally while QB is an area of need for the Steelers, offensive line might be more of a need this year.

vCash
    I?m starting to get the impression you don?t actually watch football, and just repeat things you hear.
    Spot on call

vCash
    I bet he has a better pro career than Tua...