Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Miss. State vs Kentucky (Women's Basketball)

vCash
    Yep. This is a double digit SEC loss team in the making. Now we know why UT didn?t go after her when they made their coaching change.

vCash
    I'd at least give our new coach the rest of the season to judge her. She's in an almost impossible situation to succeed in by following a legend.

vCash
    Vic will be the last legend we have in any kind of basketball.

vCash
    Here is where I personally am. Am I concerned? Yes, I certainly am. Is it possible NMP turns out to be just fine? Certainly. You can play either side with reasonable conviction right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'd at least give our new coach the rest of the season to judge her. She's in an almost impossible situation to succeed in by following a legend.
    And she walked into more talent than Vic won with. You may be right though.she may not know how to balance the use of all the talent. When this team gets kept out of the paint, they are not as good.

vCash
    I see a team with a lot of talent. An offense with multiple scorers and a star player who is having a tough time sharing the stardom. I think she costed us the game in regulation. There are a couple of players not giving it all on defense. But to attribute this loss and the teams overall play to the coach being LAZY is disingenuous at best and fueled by an agenda and bias at worst. I lean toward the latter.

vCash
    I don't see us finishing top 4 in conference.

vCash
    When does baseball season start?

vCash
    Final
    Miss. State 86
    Kentucky 92

Rickea Jackson 23 pts
    Aliyah Matharu 19 pts
    Jessika Carter 14 pts, 13 rbs

Kentucky
    Rhyne Howard 33 pts (exploded in the 4th quarter, and overtime)

(Few Notes) Kentucky with 14...3 pointers, 14 of 28 for 50% in the game. Rickea Jackson was out playing R. Howard offensively for most of the game, pretty much hit a wall after her 23rd point...started repeatedly turning the ball over going down the stretch of regulation. Also, Aliyah Matharu was a big key to keeping Miss. State in the game.

Big key with R. Jackson is consistency, especially dealing with turnovers (pretty good amount), and overall consistency (big key to helping limit her potential)...very capable of going on turnover sprees (example...Miss. State with 6 point lead late in regulation), and extended shot making lapses. Not saying that the loss was her fault....wins and losses are generally a TEAM effort. Suggest evaluate her approach offensively, make neccessary adjustments. Also...team keep working on getting out on the perimeter shooters. Lots of basketball left to be played, keep your heads up young ladies, team, fans.
    Last edited by jdelta02; 01-03-2021 at 09:06 PM.

vCash
    We can’t defend. Wide open 3s. Too many players guarding nobody. You have to defend the 3 point line. Nikki has some work to do. She hasn’t looked good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PendingTransaction View Post
    I see a team with a lot of talent. An offense with multiple scorers and a star player who is having a tough time sharing the stardom. I think she costed us the game in regulation. There are a couple of players not giving it all on defense. But to attribute this loss and the teams overall play to the coach being LAZY is disingenuous at best and fueled by an agenda and bias at worst. I lean toward the latter.
    We are not terrible coached but we aren't well coached either. How can you not be telling your team to box out at the end with 3 state players on the block and no one touches Howard under the goal?

That is just elementary school bad right there. If you can't win with the talent there now, don't see it getting any better. We are loaded twice as much as Vic ever had.

vCash
    I think most of our fans realized that it was a fun sport for a while. It was our best chance at a Natty but that's gone now. Baseball is our best chance again.

vCash
    We lost....of course that's the coach's fault. We never lose because the other team is better. It's always because of the coach, the refs, etc.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    We lost....of course that's the coach's fault. We never lose because the other team is better. It's always because of the coach, the refs, etc.
    Neither South Florida or Kentucky is better than we are, nor will the other teams we lose to this season outside South Carolina and possibly Arkansas.

vCash
    We had a 6 point lead with 3:00 minutes left and we decided to use a little time instead of playing our offense and attacking. That's when we lost the game in my opinion.
    I'll never understand why coaches do that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberBeast View Post
    Neither South Florida or Kentucky is better than we are, nor will the other teams we lose to this season outside South Carolina and possibly Arkansas.
    And A&M and LSU and possibly Tennessee

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    We had a 6 point lead with 3:00 minutes left and we decided to use a little time instead of playing our offense and attacking. That's when we lost the game in my opinion.
    I'll never understand why coaches do that.
    We also played exceptionally poor defense on the one player they had that could beat us single handedly. When we were actually trying to defend Howard toward the end of the game, which we should have probably had 2 people on her most of the time, it was with Mathura. She is just not big enough to match up with Howard. At some point, after we had been burned one possession after another, our coach should have made some defensive adjustments. At one point in the 4th quarter Howard scored 12 straight points for them and she scored most of their points in OT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    And she walked into more talent than Vic won with. You may be right though.she may not know how to balance the use of all the talent. When this team gets kept out of the paint, they are not as good.
    Vic lost to two unranked teams with the same group of players last year. He also got embarrassed by Kentucky last year in Lexington. Also, Kentucky has more talent and experience than us this year. Mitchell always recruited well, and they have a loaded team this year with the best player the country in Ryhne Howard. This game was always going to be a toss up, and the score reflected that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberBeast View Post
    Kentucky has more talent and more experienced players than us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    Kentucky is not better than us. The talent on this team is unreal.