Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mullen to Jets?

vCash

Mullen to Jets?

Seems his name is being talked about a lot rather quickly.

vCash
    I think he would do well. Would he takes fields or go with darnaud?

vCash
    I think Dan likes the warm weather

vCash
    This will be an interesting NFL offseason in relation to college football.

You've got rumors of Urban to the Jags. You've got Mullen with interest in an NFL job. Pat Fitzgerald has already said he would listen to NFL teams for their jobs and there's apparently mutual interest from at least one NFL team (Jets I've heard). You've got Harbaugh that hasn't signed his Michigan extension and has talked about being interested in coming back to the NFL.

NFL jobs could cause some massive shake up at the college level and could do so very late in the game for these programs and put them behind the 8 ball trying to finish out recruiting for 2021 and finding a staff to come in.
    Last edited by MetEdDawg; 01-03-2021 at 01:40 PM.

vCash
    Leach to Florida. Could coach from Key West!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Leach to Florida. Could coach from Key West!
    Hah, good one. You called it first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I think he would do well. Would he takes fields or go with darnaud?
    I think so to- of course it depends on the roster at that level. I don't think he would miss recruiting at all. He would probably go with Fields I guess or try to get Dak or maybe Trask.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think so to- of course it depends on the roster at that level. I don't think he would miss recruiting at all. He would probably go with Fields I guess or try to get Dak or maybe Trask.
    Pretty sure Dak is off the table. If it was the jets. They get the 2nd pick. Obviously don?t see trask at 2. More than likely fields.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgsfanalongtime77 View Post
    Pretty sure Dak is off the table. If it was the jets. They get the 2nd pick. Obviously don?t see trask at 2. More than likely fields.
    Trask will be there in 2nd round

vCash
    Trask will be there in 2nd round
    Probably correct but them passing on a qb with the 2nd overall pick would be a definite topic of conversation

vCash
    Probably correct but them passing on a qb with the 2nd overall pick would be a definite topic of conversation
    Darnold might be the guy with better players around him and better coaching. In fact, I'd probably trade back if I were jets if someone falls in love with fields
    Last edited by msstate7; 01-03-2021 at 09:09 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Dak isnt available until the cowboys don't tender him a franchise offer or don't sign him to a long term deal by the deadline.... talking about him going elsewhere is fruitless until those both happen

vCash
    Darnaud might be the guy with better players around him and better coaching. In fact, I'd probably trade back if I were jets if someone falls in love with fields
    Phenomenal autocorrect for a Braves fan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Phenomenal autocorrect for a Braves fan.
    Lol, I just noticed that.

vCash
    Let’s play a little what if.

Let’s say the Jets grab Mullen. Trade the no 2 pick to Dallas for Dak and their no 1 or Gallup or Lamb.

Then trade Darnold to someone like the Pats or Lions or Colts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    Let’s play a little what if.

Let’s say the Jets grab Mullen. Trade the no 2 pick to Dallas for Dak and their no 1 or Gallup or Lamb.

Then trade Darnold to someone like the Pats or Lions or Colts
    There are lots of holes in this. So many I won't go into it. But that's not happening.

vCash
    They could keep darnold but I doubt they would consider trading the 2nd pick for a trade in that scenario. If that?s the case they need weapons. Grab a wr like smith at 2 and shake the draft up.

vCash
    Jets would be a sucky job and their GM is turrible...

vCash
    They could keep darnold but I doubt they would consider trading the 2nd pick for a trade in that scenario. If that?s the case they need weapons. Grab a wr like smith at 2 and shake the draft up.
    Well, I'm not talking about trading out the top 10. You could see Atlanta #4 try to trade ahead of Miami at 3. You could see any of 6-9 (eagles, lions, panthers, Broncos) try to jump to that spot. Hell, Dallas at 10 might try it with dak's contract not done. Point being, the jets could stay top 10 and get another 1st next season for that 2 spot.

vCash
    Well, I'm not talking about trading out the top 10. You could see Atlanta #4 try to trade ahead of Miami at 3. You could see any of 6-9 (eagles, lions, panthers, Broncos) try to jump to that spot. Hell, Dallas at 10 might try it with dak's contract not done. Point being, the jets could stay top 10 and get another 1st next season for that 2 spot.
    Only thing is unless Miami trades back, they aren't drafting a QB. I could see Smith at WR going 3rd unless they are in love with an Oline.