Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: BBall vs Big Blue

vCash
    We are young, we have to learn the killer instinct that we don't have yet. 2 Double OT game losses

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Hell, run an isolation play and maybe you get a drive and kick out. Call something.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Our guys just need to shoot free throws until their knees give out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    I was in the thread and watched the entire game bud, go back and look. Your daddy is a shit basketball coach and you're a low iQ moron.
    We lost a tough game, and your first post in this thread was to say "farh howland". Youre a DA,

vCash
    Can we hire Ben an OC?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Can we hire Ben an OC?
    Hire Stan Jones. **

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Can we hire Ben an OC?
    Now I'm not opposed to helping him upgrade assistants. We would be the dumbest program ever to fire howland tho

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Hate it for the guys, but at the end of the day no one other than molinar worked hard and attacked.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    We are young, we have to learn the killer instinct that we don't have yet. 2 Double OT game losses
    Besides Q, we haven't had anyone with a killer instinct in 5 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Besides Q, we haven't had anyone with a killer instinct in 5 years.
    We Q played in 3 of the last 5 years.

vCash
    Man, I'm pissed. That should've been a win!

vCash
    Howland is the head coach. It can't be all on the players and not on him. We looked poorly coached. It wasn't just missed free throws. I'm not saying fire Howland but we shouldn't have lost that game and it's not all on the players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    Howland is the head coach. It can't be all on the players and not on him. We looked poorly coached. It wasn't just missed free throws. I'm not saying fire Howland but we shouldn't have lost that game and it's not all on the players.
    I agree with that. Howland is NOT perfect... not even close. We ARE damn lucky to have him though. We give this program zero support, and they actually deliver results. Are they winning big? Hell no, but who would win big here. We have 1 outstanding tourney run in our history, and all-the-sudden, we think we Duke lite

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I agree with that. Howland is NOT perfect... not even close. We ARE damn lucky to have him though. We give this program zero support, and they actually deliver results. Are they winning big? Hell no, but who would win big here. We have 1 outstanding tourney run in our history, and all-the-sudden, we think we Duke lite
    I agree. The fact is that if Howland doesn't win here we may as well abolish our program because of what you mentioned. I'm not sure if we can ever get the support back and I hate it because I think we have a much better chance of winning big in basketball than we do football.

vCash
    That's correct. Howland is a flawed offensive coach, but we are lucky to have him. He did a great job finding and signing Molinar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    I only really got to watch the last 7 minutes of the second half and the OTs. My only big gripe with Howland was the last possession of the first OT. That was after a TO with a chance to win and we had one of the worst possessions I've ever seen. Other than that I put it mostly on the players though its become pretty obvious over the years that Howland isn't much of an in game coach. What I saw was getting outworked on the boards where KY was getting 3 shots on multiple possessions down the stretch and the team continuing to be bad at the free throw line. Its really hard to win very close games with a team that doesn't make a good percentage of their free throws.

vCash
    I still think this team has a bright future. They are way ahead of where I thought they would be at the beginning of the year. It just sucks to continually find ways to lose in every sport.

vCash
    Middle of the pack team. We're still short on talent. Nothing we can do about coaching.

vCash
    If you wanna blame howland for something, it should be playing cam with us in bonus. He can't make a FT to save his life. He should never play in that situation. I'm done with cam Mathews
    Someone called me out on this post, and they were right to do so. This was garbage. The kid made a big play before the missed FT. He's a freshman that will get better. Apologizes

vCash
    Someone called me out on this post, and they were right to do so. This was garbage. The kid made a big play before the missed FT. He's a freshman that will get better. Apologizes
    Hey, if you're going to post 59,000 times on a message board, you're gonna say something wrong every now and then.