Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Rogers

vCash

Will Rogers

Love him or not too impressed by him this is DAMN impressive!

vCash
    Love the guy.

Played great for a true freshman. Great representative of State, on and off the field.

vCash
    This will NOT be covered by Horka

vCash
    Will is good. If you watched last night, it’s clear we need more
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I grew up in a small town outside of Lubbock so naturally we watched a lot of Texas football in the area. My dad still lives there and hasn't missed a game. He's pretty good at judging players and says Sawyer Robertson is the real deal. He says he's the best qb he has ever seen for a high school player. Should be a good battle between Will and him.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    And also did it against an all-SEC schedule minus the bowl game.

vCash
    Will finished 3rd in the sec in comp %, but finished last in yds/att. Lots of short passes helped inflate comp %. For example, here's top 5 in sec in comp % and their yds/att...

1. Mac Jones: 76.5%, 11.4 yds/att
    2. Corral: 71.3%, 10.6 yds/att
    3. Rogers: 69.1%, 5.7 yds/att
    4. Trask: 68.9%, 9.8 yds/att
    5. Franks: 68.5%, 8.9 yds/att

So, Rogers' yds/att is 56.1% less than the closest one in that group, Franks. Most of these short passes seem to be to marks (60 catches at a really low 4.5 yds/catch).

Now some of this is by design bc of our offense, but it does make the comp % high. Now that list above has 3 seniors and the most talented qb in the league, so it's great company. If will can stretch the field more, he could be pretty good.

vCash
    Somebody e-mail him this, his address is thorka@gannett.com. I started to and realized my e-mail account is company, I don't have a personal account. If I sent it to him on my company account he might try to exact revenge and get me fired, for all the nasty comments I have posted on his articles.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Leach says he wants a QB that is accurate. Rogers is definitely that.

vCash
    We need a QB who is accurate 30 yards down the field.... Robertson already has that...Rogers hasn?t shown that yet.

vCash
    Throwing a true freshman into an all SEC schedule, and a supporting cast of freshmen and sophomores ....he did quite well. We should at least give him these props, without breaking him down. Next year takes care of itself. Enjoy the young man helping us out this year after the senior starting QB got a case of the yips.

vCash
    PREACH! Rep given!
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Rogers is going to be significantly ahead of Sawyer by kick off next Fall

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Throwing a true freshman into an all SEC schedule, and a supporting cast of freshmen and sophomores ....he did quite well. We should at least give him these props, without breaking him down. Next year takes care of itself. Enjoy the young man helping us out this year after the senior starting QB got a case of the yips.
    I'm always gonna dig in to things. It's ok to appreciate a good job, and at the same time, critique it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Will finished 3rd in the sec in comp %, but finished last in yds/att. Lots of short passes helped inflate comp %. For example, here's top 5 in sec in comp % and their yds/att...

1. Mac Jones: 76.5%, 11.4 yds/att
    2. Corral: 71.3%, 10.6 yds/att
    3. Rogers: 69.1%, 5.7 yds/att
    4. Trask: 68.9%, 9.8 yds/att
    5. Franks: 68.5%, 8.9 yds/att

So, Rogers' yds/att is 56.1% less than the closest one in that group, Franks. Most of these short passes seem to be to marks (60 catches at a really low 4.5 yds/catch).

Now some of this is by design bc of our offense, but it does make the comp % high. Now that list above has 3 seniors and the most talented qb in the league, so it's great company. If will can stretch the field more, he could be pretty good.
    Some of that is Will developing more confidence in throwing the ball deep and I think he will. Some of it is from pressure from the line not blocking well at times too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Some of that is Will developing more confidence in throwing the ball deep and I think he will. Some of it is from pressure from the line not blocking well at times too.
    Could be. Whatever the reasons, we need some more yds/att next season... need attack down field more. RBs getting more on check downs will help too

vCash
    I'm always gonna dig in to things. It's ok to appreciate a good job, and at the same time, critique it.
    The silver lining in all this, is we have some good young QB's that will be driven by competition, and from all accounts seem to have leadership qualities. Guys that will be at the film room early. This will be a fun ride for the next few years.

vCash
    deleted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    The silver lining in all this, is we have some good young QB's that will be driven by competition, and from all accounts seem to have leadership qualities. Guys that will be at the film room early. This will be a fun ride for the next few years.
    Speaking of qb competition, do you guys think we get a spring practice? Sawyer may be on more equal footing if we have no spring.

vCash
    Speaking of qb competition, do you guys think we get a spring practice? Sawyer may be on more equal footing if we have no spring.
    Knowing how Will took the receivers last summer and starting running plays at Starkville HS, I would bet the young crew practices somehow, somewhere.