Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Espn and Herbie

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    That?s why we can?t do stuff like Tulsa. It?s Tulsa! This isn?t Alabama or Florida but Tulsa. Last time we were on TV for fighting we fired Stans. I wonder if the same rules will apply to Leach. This is very embarrassing for the school and Leachs comments are even worse. Heath bragging about it on social media is the icing on the cake
    Embarrassment is a very personal perspective that isn't applicable to everyone... while you might have been embarrassed, I was glad and proud to see us not fold up like an apologetic #%**+? and push back
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    That?s why we can?t do stuff like Tulsa. It?s Tulsa! This isn?t Alabama or Florida but Tulsa. Last time we were on TV for fighting we fired Stans. I wonder if the same rules will apply to Leach. This is very embarrassing for the school and Leachs comments are even worse. Heath bragging about it on social media is the icing on the cake
    Stans didn't get fired for that fight. And why in the hell is this any more embarrassing than any other team getting in fights it happens all the time. I'm proud our guys stood up for themselves, Tulsa started it (see Pre-game) and we ended it.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Stans didn't get fired for that fight. And why in the hell is this any more embarrassing than any other team getting in fights it happens all the time. I'm proud our guys stood up for themselves, Tulsa started it (see Pre-game) and we ended it.
    Exactly! And people acting like they've never seen a fight in a game before. Geez the nhl built there popularity on fights.

vCash
    This pearl clutching faux outrage is ridiculous. There wasn't a post game hit that hurt any more than any hit taken during the game. I don't condone the fighting, but it's not appalling either. Review, punish those that instigated, move in.

If the news cycle doesn't shift in the next 24 hours or so I say someone from our admin, or Leach, just issue a simple statement and a question "MSU does not condone fighting and will discipline internally any player fighting who was not defending themselves. Meanwhile, we ask the media to clarify why they call for our student athletes to lose their scholarships or be arrested, while never suggesting equal punitive action for professional baseball and hockey players who often fight during and after contests."

vCash
    Did Herbie get emotional and start to have crocodile tears ?? he did it earlier this year..
    and I said it in another thread ... Leach was a media darling and sound byte machine for anyone and everyone until about 2016....

vCash
    What else do we expect from the hyper Covid media world we now live. I'm not even sure you can call it a fight. Dude got pads and helmet on. No one could even get hurt with this unless you are dumb enough to take your helmet off.

At this point, we should issue a statement and push back on ESPN for their crap. Although I think this all goes away after tonight. They are just pimping a story delaying for the big games tonight.

vCash
    You know how many times Herbstreit would have mentioned the Armed Forces Bowl if there wasn't a scuffle? Zero. He overvalues himself way too much to comment on some small bowl game. **** him.
    Also, Tim Brando referred to "defenseless" players in his Twitter diatribe about the scuffle. How are people wearing helmets and pads while swinging fists considered defenseless? I know Brando is an Ole Miss homer but what a ***** thing to say.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScooterDog View Post
    You're right TCdog. What was the Tulsa players doing on our side of the field after the game? To start a fight obviously. It wasn't to shake hands.
    The Tulsa players weren?t on our side. Our
    whole team went to their side, some to shake hands and say good game, but a few want to save the Tulsa boys souls. And then in the middle of the ?pray meeting? someone took offense to the prayer and a push here turned into a shove there. And then it blew up into a full-fledged Holy Ghost Revival.

vCash
    trumpist?

vCash
    Bullshit..mob behavior has been extant since the dawn of history...has nothing to do with covering somebody's back..smh

vCash
    Herbie's father played for and Herbie grew up cheering for a coach, A COACH, who threw punches at sportswriters and opposing players and excused massacres in Vietnam! F**K that hypocritical piece of shit!

vCash
    Herbie ain't welcome in Starkvegas in my opinion. That was total trash putdown of MSU for no reason. You always have a few players on every team that can have bad behavior. He trashed our whole program, University, leadership, our young men, everything.

vCash
    What did y'all expect? Leach is not liked by the vast majority of the media. He has his groupies but most can't stand him. This is what we hired, get used to it.

vCash
    I am telling you no one out side of ESPN, media and the two fan bases care. So many fights break out during athletic events people are just numb to it. They just don't give a shit. Ya'll worry too much. I have 1000's of co workers who I trained in 12 different states that would be emailing me it it mattered out side Miss or the City of Tulsa.

vCash
    Context that Enemy Media is not factoring:

Tulsa is the 2nd most penalized team in the Nation by yards (82 yards per game)

Last year, Tulsa was the 3rd most penalized

https://www.teamrankings.com/college...ate=2020-01-14

Then this clip from Matt Wyatt

https://twitter.com/RadioWyatt/statu...16872815022082

https://twitter.com/HeatherHR11/stat...19664661196801

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Context that Enemy Media is not factoring:

Tulsa is the 2nd most penalized team in the Nation by yards (82 yards per game)

Last year, Tulsa was the 3rd most penalized

https://www.teamrankings.com/college...ate=2020-01-14

Then this clip from Matt Wyatt

https://twitter.com/RadioWyatt/statu...16872815022082

https://twitter.com/HeatherHR11/stat...19664661196801
    Good video! They did that crap the entire game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VandelayIndustries View Post
    Best thing to do, watch ESPN only for games

I just made a New Year's resolution never to listen to another word from Herbstreit's mouth and never watch Gameday again. Love the mute button and the Smithsonian channel comes in handy on Saturday mornings.

I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here.

vCash
    It was his lame assed response to the incident that sucks...acted like it was nothing...that doesn't cut in today's world. You're right...this is what we hired.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    It was his lame assed response to the incident that sucks...acted like it was nothing...that doesn't cut in today's world. You're right...this is what we hired.
    You're upset with Leach?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    What was wrong with his response.??
    He said it was dumb...