Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: This game reinforced one thing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    We still have a long ways to go to live up to the offensive guru status to be the vaunted "air raid". I agree with others, the run game the past two games is encouraging.
    We sure do. Not surprised though. All of our playmakers on offense are true freshmen. Marks, Johnson, walley, Tulu, Rogers (guess you could count Heath and Austin Williams, but I don't think they are playmakers).

Biggest question is whether Rogers is your future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    We still have a long ways to go to live up to the offensive guru status to be the vaunted "air raid". I agree with others, the run game the past two games is encouraging.
    There were 2 things that impressed me yesterday from the offense:
    1. I thought we looked solid running the ball.
    2. After Tulsa scored a td to make it 21-19, we went 65 yards to answer them. Rogers was 5/6 on the drive. Johnson also converted a 3rd and 1 on the ground... loved that we ran on a running down, and we converted..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    The disparity between the P5 and G5 is bigger than most CFB fans and media types want to admit. We're a bad SEC team that was fairly lucky to finish 3-7. And we were incredibly sloppy again today on offense. But we still beat a ranked G5 team despite playing with a bunch of freshmen and having zero depth with all the "opt outs." Anyone arguing that the G5 deserves a playoff spot, even in an expanded 8 team format, is crazy. Bama/Clemson would murder whoever the 8 seed G5 team is.
    This is aging well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    There were 2 things that impressed me yesterday from the offense:
    1. I thought we looked solid running the ball.
    2. After Tulsa scored a td to make it 21-19, we went 65 yards to answer them. Rogers was 5/6 on the drive. Johnson also converted a 3rd and 1 on the ground... loved that we ran on a running down, and we converted..
    Yep, we made the plays we had to
    make when they had to be made, found a way to win, that's huge to me. All the years I coached baseball I always preached that one team will make the plays to win, so there's no excuses, just make the plays. There ain't no ugly wins.

vCash
    Chances are this would have been a 8-3 G5 Vs 6-6 SEC if this was a normal season. We really had everything going against us in this game. We had to play way too many Freshman and had no way to relieve them during the game. Almost like Iron Man football.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Chances are this would have been a 8-3 G5 Vs 6-6 SEC if this was a normal season. We really had everything going against us in this game. We had to play way too many Freshman and had no way to relieve them during the game. Almost like Iron Man football.
    Naw man. Don?t you know a bunch of freshmen who missed an entire spring and summer to learn an entirely new offense, should be racing up and down the field to 400-500 yards per game? The air raid should have immediately clicked with all these all sec receivers on the roster and a true freshman QB

Oh and these **.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Tulsa yesterday slightly raised their yds/play to 5.58 against the #4 defense in the sec in yds/play. We finished defensively at 5.4 yds/play for the season, so Tulsa raised that number in 35 degrees, rain, and wind.
    Did you forget about guys starting on defense that we had never heard of before?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RezDog7 View Post
    Did you forget about guys starting on defense that we had never heard of before?
    Didn't tulsa play without the Nagurski Trophy winner?