Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This game reinforced one thing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    I don’t understand some people. Some of you wanna say well we gave up 480 yards or well we don’t win without the turnovers they had, or we were lucky to win this game....

Who gives a shit!! It’s a win and a win is a win... In the books it don’t say shit about well they won but they gave up a lot of yards....

Last time I checked, turnovers and the other team playing offense is part of the game.

Some of Y’all would bitch if Leach won the damn sugar bowl....
    I don't see anyone bitching. Go to Gene's Page if you want sunshine 247.

vCash
    I haven't really seen it mentioned but we had 30 rushes and 30 passes. A few of the rushes were scrambles (one was a td) but our running backs had 23 carries. That's got to be as balanced as any Leach offense ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I don't see anyone bitching. Go to Gene's Page if you want sunshine 247.
    Ain't that the truth. That is why I left 247. Cancel culture started on Genes page years ago before it went national.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    I haven't really seen it mentioned but we had 30 rushes and 30 passes. A few of the rushes were scrambles (one was a td) but our running backs had 23 carries. That's got to be as balanced as any Leach offense ever.
    The improvement in the run game is something positive. If we can keep that while adding more explosive plays in the pass game, then this offense can work. I'm very pleased with the way we're running the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Ain't that the truth. That is why I left 247. Cancel culture started on Genes page years ago before it went national.
    I still have a subscription there but it's just for the recruiting news. I can't read the message board.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I still have a subscription there but it's just for the recruiting news. I can't read the message board.
    That message board is horrible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    This is our drive chart..
    3 plays 39 yds td
    3 plays 2 yds
    7 plays 13 yds
    7 plays 30 yards
    7 plays 16 yards
    9 plays 64 yards td
    4 plays 5 yds
    4 plays 12 yards
    11 plays 65 yds td
    3 plays 7 yds

It isn't like we were moving and just didn't have much field to move on
    Quit being such a whiny bitch. The whole damn offense is freshmen or sophomores that played in 27 degree rain storm. There were guys on the defense today that I had never even heard of before. Some of y'all are unbelievably annoying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RezDog7 View Post
    Quit being such a whiny bitch. The whole damn offense is freshmen or sophomores that played in 27 degree rain storm. There were guys on the defense today that I had never even heard of before. Some of y'all are unbelievably annoying.
    Did the drive chart offend you?

vCash
    LOL, He literally just posted facts.

vCash
    Facts don't care about your feelings

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Here's another fact... this was our 6th game this year with less than 300 yards of total offense. We had 5 games of less than 300 yards from 2017-2019.

vCash
    Did the drive chart offend you?
    Why yes- it certainly did. We won because of a Pick-6 today. We had less than 300 yards while they approached 500 yards. People acting like we were in total control are delusional.

We ran the ball much more the last 2 games which is what is needed for this offense to work. We will be better next year- I certainly agree with that. But there are still alot of questions. Tulsa ran the 3-8 and was patient most of the day- it worked for them. They went to man in the red zone and got burned. I'm curios to see how the DC's adjust to us even more in 2021 now that they have gotten a taste of the Air Raid
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Why yes- it certainly did. We won because of a Pick-6 today. We had less than 300 yards while they approached 500 yards. People acting like we were in total control are delusional.

We ran the ball much more the last 2 games which is what is needed for this offense to work. We will be better next year- I certainly agree with that. But there are still alot of questions. Tulsa ran the 3-8 and was patient most of the day- it worked for them. They went to man in the red zone and got burned. I'm curios to see how the DC's adjust to us even more in 2021 now that they have gotten a taste of the Air Raid
    Hopefully we open up the playbook this off-season and add some play action and pre snap motion. We ran some two TE sets some today too, so that's intriguing.

A designed QB run would be effective but Leach will never do it.

vCash
    I also posted facts. The continued bitching has gotten old. Yeah, the offense sucks. But we also have a ton of freshmen abs sophomores playing.
    Could the reason for the offensive problems be because we are extremely young? You wanted Leach to adapt abs run the ball. He did. If we don't get any better over the next two years them fire his ass but for some reason most of y'all can't understand all the issues the coaches and team have had to deal with this year. I'm just glad we got to play a season. Hopefully all these young guys will get much better next year.

vCash
    Here's another fact... this was our 6th game this year with less than 300 yards of total offense. We had 5 games of less than 300 yards from 2017-2019.
    That's objectively brutal.

vCash
    I also posted facts. The continued bitching has gotten old. Yeah, the offense sucks. But we also have a ton of freshmen abs sophomores playing.
    Could the reason for the offensive problems be because we are extremely young? You wanted Leach to adapt abs run the ball. He did. If we don't get any better over the next two years them fire his ass but for some reason most of y'all can't understand all the issues the coaches and team have had to deal with this year. I'm just glad we got to play a season. Hopefully all these young guys will get much better next year.
    I'm pleased that we won. And yes, I'm glad we ran the ball more the last 2 games. Maybe Leach is adjusting.

vCash
    I'm pleased that we won. And yes, I'm glad we ran the ball more the last 2 games. Maybe Leach is adjusting.
    That's all I'm trying to say. The offense has absolutely sucked for most of the year but I can objectively look at the issues and understand the reason for it. If we do not improve over the next two seasons, we need to move on.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    That's objectively brutal.
    The thing that almost got us beat today was play calling. The offense was run blocking very well and got the look to run the football literally every play. When it’s 35 degrees and raining and they give us that look we have to take it. I’m not upset about not being able to throw the ball because you shouldn’t be able to throw it effectively in that shit storm of weather. The fact that Tulsa did is absolutely amazing and a credit to them. I literally could not feel my fingers or toes today. I can’t imagine trying to execute pass plays in that shit.
    Last edited by Jarius; 12-31-2020 at 11:41 PM.

vCash
    And Tulsa had the number 23 defense in the country. Not to pump a G5 defense but they obviously were very well coached and they were older.

vCash
    I thought we just played bad today, Will was crap, the conditions were awful.

Just glad we won and I'm not taking to much from it other than I think the toughness of our program is back and we're playing as a team again. That alone make me excited about the future.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More