Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick Though - Meh

vCash

Quick Though - Meh

D level game for us today, but Tulsa is a good team and our young guys are learning how to win. Tulsa is older, stronger, and well coached.

- Tulu is a player. Got to get him more involved
    - Young RBs played well down the stretch
    - Our safeties are poo. If things go right, none of this years safeties will play next year
    - Will Rogers lacks arm strength and playmaking ability. He not bad but he can absolutely be beat out. Tulsa had the better QB today
    - Abysmal officiating. When they called a false start on MSU early in the game after the Tulsa barked out the snap count, they lost control.

Overall, good growth year but we?ve got to get more athletic. Cold weather has a way of exposing a lack of athleticism.

Could win 8 games next year, but we need some guys to step up in the weight room.

Good fight. Builds team unity and energy in the off season
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 12-31-2020 at 04:01 PM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I feel better about leach at the end of the season than I did mid season. I don't know about 8 wins next season unless we really hit the transfer market at safety and Sawyer takes over at qb.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I feel better about leach at the end of the season than I did mid season. I don't know about 8 wins next season unless we really hit the transfer market at safety and Sawyer takes over at qb.
    Yeah. Will is really limited. Small margin for error for him due to athleticism and arm strength. MSU needs a playmaker at QB to win big. We don’t have the overall talent for game manager

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Yeah. Will is really limited. Small margin for error for him due to athleticism and arm strength. MSU needs a playmaker at QB to win big. We don’t have the overall talent for game manager
    Yeah, we need a difference maker at qb to win 8 next season

vCash
    There are certainly 8,9,10 winnable games next year, but we aren’t going to play well in all those. Nobody does. That’s where you need a playmaker to carry you.

vCash
    I do agree I feel slightly better how the last several games went. We ran ball a little more and didn't make as many mistakes. Yeah I don't see 8 anywhere next year. 6 would be a huge victory.

vCash
    We got room for improvement BUT we made the plays we had to make to win this game and that's huge.

vCash
    I wouldn’t be so hard on Will. First time I bet he’s ever played in this type of weather elements. Also, Tulsa was a very experienced team.

We played a “meh” game and still beat a top 25 team.

Bigger takeaway, Leach ran the ball for the second game in a row.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    I wouldn’t be so hard on Will. First time I bet he’s ever played in this type of weather elements. Also, Tulsa was a very experienced team.

We played a “meh” game and still beat a top 25 team.

Bigger takeaway, Leach ran the ball for the second game in a row.
    Will is a good player. We need a great player at qb in this offense to win 8-9 games. I'm not trying to down will, but we need Sawyer to be the real deal

vCash
    11 ... Bama on notice! Dantheman probably has some probabilities and stats that will back that up ****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I do agree I feel slightly better how the last several games went. We ran ball a little more and didn't make as many mistakes. Yeah I don't see 8 anywhere next year. 6 would be a huge victory.
    Look at the schedule before you say this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Look at the schedule before you say this
    I can see us splitting memphis and nc state. We aren't winning at Auburn, bama, or at aTm. I'll be surprised if we beat LSU. OM, KY, and at ark are no gimmes
    Last edited by msstate7; 12-31-2020 at 04:33 PM.

vCash
    Heath great at Hit and Run, two times in clip.

vCash
    I’m iffy about Will but he is a young true Freshman. He doesn’t make a lot of mistakes. I think our OL is a bigger problem than Will. I wouldn’t just completely rule him out just yet.

I like our defense and I also feel better bout Leach. Next year should tell us more but 8 wins is a big step and I’m iffy on that bold prediction.

vCash
    I can see us splitting memphis and nc state. We aren't winning at Auburn, bama, or at LSU. I'll be surprised if we beat LSU. OM, KY, and at ark are no gimmes
    LSU is at home and I’m not sure what Auburn will be next year. We’ll be better

NC State is at home and Memphis won’t be as good as Tulsa today

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I’m iffy about Will but he is a young true Freshman. He doesn’t make a lot of mistakes. I think our OL is a bigger problem than Will. I wouldn’t just completely rule him out just yet.

I like our defense and I also feel better bout Leach. Next year should tell us more but 8 wins is a big step and I’m iffy on that bold prediction.
    Will is solid. You’re right, but he just doesn’t have the athleticism or arm strength to be a playmaker

vCash
    We won 4 games including our last 2 and got better through the year with a bunch of freshman and walkons playing. We would've won 6 this year more than likely and those kids are only gonna get better. I honestly believe we win 6-7 next year and get another bowl as these kids continue to grow. By the way only 4 sec teams have been to 11 bowls in a row the last 11 years, so getting a bowl game isn't as easy as people seem to think.

vCash
    Tulsa QB threw several interceptions but clearly had the better game. It was obvious his twitch was on all day and his body type and mechanics were so on. Those interceptions he threw were straight gas.

Our poor old puberty body Will scrambles for a much needed TD in the game but it aint good enough. Takes us down for a dagger TD to end it but it aint good enough.

Broken every freshman passing record we have, Our PPG our efficiency and probably every other stat (including wins) have went up since he has become the starter but he aint good enough for our resident statistician and our body type twitch guru

vCash
    And before you say it, yes he missed a throw to Williams for a first down. He is not perfect but he is going to be the best passer we have ever had.