Thread: Any Tree Saddle hunters?

vCash

Any Tree Saddle hunters?

Just got my saddle in, went and hung from a tree about 10' just to test it out. I can already tell my climber is going to spend a lot of time in the storage shed once I get comfortable with it.

What are your dos and don't? Any modifications you've done to yours? I will be using the one stick climbing method to start and will probably start rappelling next season. Any advice for a newbie would be appreciated.

vCash
    Chained, curious to know your thoughts on the saddle now that you’ve had it awhile. I tend to stay in the climber for hours so wondering about comfort. Saddle of course appeals because guessing it’s significantly lighter than my 17 lb cilmber.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    it’s significantly lighter than my 17 lb cilmber.
    and safer from what I hear

I'm curious about these as well. My bro-in-law is trying to convince to to try it.
    No Signature

vCash
    Sorry guys, I haven't been on the outdoor in a long while. I'll do my best to answer your questions. First off I absolutely love my saddle as far as versatility and ability to hunt areas I couldn't before. I do wish I had done some more research in regards to models and brands. I went with a Tethrd Mantis just because it's what the guy had that talked me into it. If I had done more research I probably would've gone with Cruzr.

I actually enjoy hunting out of it a lot more than my climber. I think its safer because I'm tied to the tree before my feet ever come off the ground. I also think it's quieter by a mile. Deer don't seem to notice you in a saddle, it's like they think you're a fork in a tree. Not to mention, you can get yourself into some crazy cover where they'll never pick you out.

The second hunt I used it I killed a decent buck on public land hunting about 12 feet in a bodock tree where there wasn't a straight tree for hundreds of yards. I had been wanting to hunt that spot for years but didn't have an option other than sitting on the ground and it was too thick for that.

One thing I will say, there is such thing as saddle shape. If you'll practice in your yard a few times and get a system down that you like it'll take about 3/4 hunts then you'll be good to. Also, I can nap for days in mine now

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    I?m a fairly decent size fella ?.my question is how comfortable would it be for a big boy to use? I love to ride a bike, but it took a while for me to find a decent seat that didn?t feel like I had an ultimate wedgy seat ramming up my butt crack. Are there varying size saddles for the larger hunter?

vCash
    I had been wanting a saddle for a while also. I did a little research and settled on the trophy line covert lite 2.0, went with beast gear sticks and built my own movable one step aider. I can easily get 30’+ with the 5 sticks and the aider if needed.

It is unreal how many more shots you can take out of the saddle compared to a tree stand, and as far as comfort goes it?s one of the most comfortable hunting methods I?ve used. I have several summit climbers and several millennium stands that I won?t use again.

West dog I?m not sure about your size but I?m 6?1? 220 lbs and the m/l trophy line fits me perfectly. I tried out the l/xl thinking of colder hunts with many layers on and it would have still been falling off of me with several layers on. Hope this helps
    Last edited by Treemydawg; 02-06-2023 at 11:06 PM.

vCash
    Chained get the USA pro amsteel rope mod for your sticks and the pro xl for your platform. They are light years better than the cam buckle straps everything comes with.