Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Basketball sec opener tonight

vCash
    Best we have looked as a team in a decade
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    We haven't had this much composure from our guard play since Bowers and Zimmerman

vCash
    Not sure but this may be one of BH best wins on the road in the Sec.

This team played well tonight and played smart overall.

Like our team chemistry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Best we have looked as a team in a decade
    Yes

vCash
    Close it out guys.

vCash
    Jeez, let's finish guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    We haven't had this much composure from our guard play since Bowers and Zimmerman
    Been saying this all season.

vCash
    Guys this team will just get better the more they play together. No Prima donnas on this team. got a good bench.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Been saying this all season.
    Yep, I've been saying that as well.

This team looks and feels totally different than any since the later good Stans teams. Howland has slowly been bringing us back. Bringing in talent, now building program culture.

vCash
    We have a big, winnable game this Saturday at home vs Kentucky. Find a way, dawgs. Good job tonight

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    We have a big, winnable game this Saturday at home vs Kentucky. Find a way, dawgs. Good job tonight
    It's winnable for sure. But you know what? We know 100% this group will play their ass off and do all they can to win. It's been awhile since we could say that
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    The Dayton game would have been nice to steal come later. This year with some self imposed post season bans scattered about and COVID, you never know if we could sneak in with a solid conference showing.

vCash
    Its only the 1st SEC game and I'm not trying to be that guy but.... I said before the season started that this team was going to be a hard nosed, tough Scrappy team. No ego's at all. These are the type teams BH built strong teams with. Yes, we will lose some games and scratch our heads some but give this team time to gel and we will be a problem for anyone. And I would put our backcourt up against anyone's in the SEC, DJ and Molinar are both very athletic, unselfish and dangerous. Let's not forget we didn't have Iverson for our 1st 3 games...and look at how good Clemson is right now, we had them beat without Molinar

vCash
    Player of the game D Smith/ Coming off the bench and just went bezerk.

vCash
    I don?t want to speak too soon, but I feel like these are the kind of teams Howland can have success with. This is the best any Miss State basketball team has played as a ?team? in awhile

vCash
    That looked like the Mississippi State basketball that I grew up watching. Effort and energy and dominate on both backboards by using our size.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Molinar and DJ, can carry us . Our defense looked better. #2 looked more under control. And Freshman Smith was big time. Ado gets called for some shitty fouls.

vCash
    I have waited 20 years to see this effort! That was a great effort and win

vCash
    But but but.... Fire Howland..

I heard some UGA sucks in the thread.. they aren’t a 7-0 team like their record but let’s see how many games they lose at home this year.. they did beat Cincy by double digits... they will probably finish in the bottom part of the league but will win more games than they did last year.

Any road win is a good win. With the covid crowds road wins might come a little easier but still great win.

As good as Reggie was , it’s refreshing seeing 5 guys play hard on both ends and not have to worry about getting one guy his touches.

Played extremely good defense last night. Keep UGA off the foul line for the most part.

This isn’t your SEC basketball of 10-15 years ago when half the league was complete garbage and a 9-7 record was easily obtainable. top to bottom it’s good basketball teams.. there isn’t your top 5 UK team , but I’m glad we are playing them early and not a month from now.

Huge game Sat.
    2-0 start would be fantastic

vCash
    I have a theory about Howland. I think he prefers the hard nosed, scrappy, unselfish teams like he had at Pitt, and like MSU had during it's best seasons. I think him having been at UCLA and all that comes with it made him feel like the best way to rebuild at MSU was with splashy recruits. He never looked comfortable coaching those guys (especially Lamar Peters) and the teams reflected their coach. Howland looks comfortable this year, seems more engaged, and the team seems to respond to him and relate to him better.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18