Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I've been studying Tulsa-MSU..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    Are we sure it wasn't that Mizzou couldn't zone us up and played man because we were running the ball?

If Tulsa drops 8 and Leach is willing to run the ball as much as he did against Mizzou, the game is over by halftime.
    Lot easier to run against man than drop 8 when you have 3/4 wr on the field. When all defenders eyes are in the backfield and 3 dl plus 5 second level guys are flying downhill when they read run, it's tough. Cant do that in man bc second level guys in man and corners have their back to the line of scrimmage.
    We ran the ball against Mizzou when they were in man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Lot easier to run against man than drop 8 when you have 3/4 wr on the field. When all defenders eyes are in the backfield and 3 dl plus 5 second level guys are flying downhill when they read run, it's tough. Cant do that in man bc second level guys in man and corners have their back to the line of scrimmage.
    We ran the ball against Mizzou when they were in man.
    How many teams you see playing zone and rushing 3 to stop the run? Not many.

vCash
    Even being able to be in a bowl game considering the unreal circumstances throughout the year, state absolutely has nothing to lose. Just play

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    How many teams you see playing zone and rushing 3 to stop the run? Not many.
    As a game plan? Not many. And I agree it shouldn't work against a real run game. Maybe we will continue to get more creative in the run game.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    If Leach don't get some kind of run going, he deserves some criticism just like he has all year.

Out of context? Leach didn't have bad weather all year to affect his O. Weather, hence another reason you can't throw 85% of time and win consistently.

Todd your pre-emptive strike makes you look like the lead cancel culture cheerleader. Give it a rest, and grown some skin, toughen up buttercup. This is the SEC, expect a little pressure.
    Have you even researched Leach or you just basing this off of your inability to be open minded at all? All of his former QB's talked about how he installs the offense in portions starting with the passing game first. Then they teach the run game and give the QB the option to audible based off of numbers in the box. We didn't have a spring so we basically are learning the passing offense on the fly, yet you want him to just run it more lol. This was basically a free season to get live action for a lot of young players and still keep their eligibility.

Do you think Leach specifically called running plays against MIZZOU or were they audibles? I don't know, I listened on the radio.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Have you even researched Leach or you just basing this off of your inability to be open minded at all? All of his former QB's talked about how he installs the offense in portions starting with the passing game first. Then they teach the run game and give the QB the option to audible based off of numbers in the box. We didn't have a spring so we basically are learning the passing offense on the fly, yet you want him to just run it more lol. This was basically a free season to get live action for a lot of young players and still keep their eligibility.

Do you think Leach specifically called running plays against MIZZOU or were they audibles? I don't know, I listened on the radio.
    A large share of our running plays are called at the line by the qb

vCash
    Current conditions at Amon Carter stadium: 36 degrees, light rain, wind out of the north at 19 mph.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    Y'all do realize this is a trap game for us. Tulsa is playing an SEC team so they'll be hyped and ready to go. I expect them to come out pumped and probably get an early lead. Hopefully Rogers can calm down the troops and try to get a few scores and win this in a close one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post

Research Leach? Football is simple. I don't have to research Leach.

Inability to be open minded? There is a reason NC contending teams are not one dimensional. Do your research for once.

Football is a simple game. Some of yall are trying to make this rocket science. Running the ball isn't complicated. Leach has got in your head.

Have you watched Leach for 30 years? Balance ain't his thing. They call it air raid for a reason.

I am open to him running his O and willing to give him some time but the waste of games this year was nauseating to watch.