Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've been studying Tulsa-MSU..

vCash

I've been studying Tulsa-MSU..

for gambling purposes. It's rare an SEC team gets points vs an AAC team. Tulsa's QB is not very good. He's just not a good looking passer. Very inconsistent and will make some WTF passes. They run the power spread, but the QB doesn't really run it so it's not that tricky. They have some good backs and a pretty physical O-line, but our run defense should be able to slow them down if not shut them down. Their strength is our strength, their weakness is our weakness. So it's a pretty good matchup.

When we have the ball, they are only going to rush 3. The issue is going to be their edge guys. If we come out in wide splits and don't keep a RB in to help, they will get pressure with their front 3 and we will look poor. If we had a legit running game, we would win this game easily.

Given our offense vs their scheme + the weather, I'm just not sure if I can pull the trigger on a big bet even though their best player is sitting out and we seem to be at full strength. Anyone know if Spencer is playing?

vCash
    Under the 46 may be the play if the weather is as bad as they are saying.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    for gambling purposes. It's rare an SEC team gets points vs an AAC team. Tulsa's QB is not very good. He's just not a good looking passer. Very inconsistent and will make some WTF passes. They run the power spread, but the QB doesn't really run it so it's not that tricky. They have some good backs and a pretty physical O-line, but our run defense should be able to slow them down if not shut them down. Their strength is our strength, their weakness is our weakness. So it's a pretty good matchup.

When we have the ball, they are only going to rush 3. The issue is going to be their edge guys. If we come out in wide splits and don't keep a RB in to help, they will get pressure with their front 3 and we will look poor. If we had a legit running game, we would win this game easily.

Given our offense vs their scheme + the weather, I'm just not sure if I can pull the trigger on a big bet even though their best player is sitting out and we seem to be at full strength. Anyone know if Spencer is playing?
    I’m not 100 % sure they would beat anyone on our schedule. They would be favored against Vandy but it would be a toss up. The weather and us being up to play are my only 2 concerns about this game. They aren’t going to get pressure with their front 3 and will have to get out of that look if we can just throw and catch (or simply run the football which is what I hope we do against that look in the pouring rain). They don’t have anyone up front comparable to what we have seen against average SEC defensive lines this year. Their best player opted out. They are very mediocre offensively and play into our strengths just like you said with a non mobile quarterback. If we can run the ball against that 3 man front drop 8 look we will beat them by 3 touchdowns or more. The key is going to be not turning the ball over and making the routine plays in shitty weather. This team has no business being favored over us.
    Last edited by Jarius; 12-30-2020 at 12:01 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    I’m not 100 % sure they would beat anyone on our schedule. They would be favored against Vandy but it would be a toss up. The weather and us being up to play are my only 2 concerns about this game. They aren’t going to get pressure with their front 3 and will have to get out of that look if we can just throw and catch (or simply run the football which is what I hope we do against that look in the pouring rain). They don’t have anyone up front comparable to what we have seen against average SEC defensive lines this year. Their best player opted out. They are very mediocre offensively and play into our strengths just like you said with a non mobile quarterback. If we can run the ball against that 3 man front drop 8 look we will beat them by 3 touchdowns or more. The key is going to be not turning the ball over and making the routine plays in shitty weather. This team has no business being favored over us.
    I agree with all of this. The weather is my biggest concern by far. I'm not sure if we have any guys that have ever played in snow. Rogers has looked good against a three man rush so he could have a good day if the weather doesn't affect him too much.

I'm expecting us to look worse on offense than we should because of the weather and our fans blasting Leach out of context for the next 8 months or so.

vCash
    Playing a Sec team is a good motivation for a team such as Tulsa. I think we are just a very average to slightly below average Sec team. What I do like is our defense is well coached and they play hard and with motivation.

It's all about which team is more physical up front, I expect a 21-24 scoring game and I think that is generous. Hope we blow them out but I'd be happy with a win.

Hailstate!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post

Maybe we will run the ball again this week
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    They aren't good. They lost their best player. They give up 30+ a lot. They've come from behind in several games and their schedule is trash. Only way we lose is to stink it up.

vCash
    Y'all are underestimating a veteran team that knows how to win and is well coached. They start 18 of 22 juniors and seniors and this is a huge game for them.
    They are not going to sit in man most of the day like Mizzou did (stupid). They are going to zone us up and we have not run the ball against drop 8 all year. And I don't expect it to happen now. 20-14 type game.

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    They aren't good. They lost their best player. They give up 30+ a lot. They've come from behind in several games and their schedule is trash. Only way we lose is to stink it up.
    Tulsa has given up 30 points exactly one time in eight games. They didn?t give up more than 30 all season. Watching some of their games, I?m not very impressed with their QB, but they make you beat them. Tulsa kind of reminds me of Kentucky. Solid but should be a win.

I?m expecting a close, low scoring type of game with us winning by a score. If the weather was good, I?d have us winning by 10-14.

vCash
    I thought State just needed more talent to win v zone. No way Tulsa has more talent than State.

The dink and dunk offense better be up and down the field tomorrow regardless of the defense (zone or man). If the talent argument is true.

vCash
    If it's as cold and rainy as everyone is expecting, we won't be successful passing as much as we do and Tulsa won't have to rush only 3. We've got to find a way to run the ball to be successful in this game and I'm not sure we're willing to do it. Outside of the Missouri game we've looked like shit on offense most of the time. I expect our defense to be fine but I'm just not as confident as some of you about us scoring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by messageboardsuperhero View Post
    Tulsa has given up 30 points exactly one time in eight games. They didn?t give up more than 30 all season. Watching some of their games, I?m not very impressed with their QB, but they make you beat them. Tulsa kind of reminds me of Kentucky. Solid but should be a win.

I?m expecting a close, low scoring type of game with us winning by a score. If the weather was good, I?d have us winning by 10-14.
    My bad. I'm going to have to stop posting. Brain just isn't working anymore. I was trying to say they'd give up 30+ with a decent schedule. Damn...it's time for me to hit the sidelines.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    My bad. I'm going to have to stop posting. Brain just isn't working anymore. I was trying to say they'd give up 30+ with a decent schedule. Damn...it's time for me to hit the sidelines.
    Hang in there coot!
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    I thought State just needed more talent to win v zone. No way Tulsa has more talent than State.

The dink and dunk offense better be up and down the field tomorrow regardless of the defense (zone or man). If the talent argument is true.
    Not gonna happen in 38 degree weather with rain and sleet and 15-20 mph winds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I agree with all of this. The weather is my biggest concern by far. I'm not sure if we have any guys that have ever played in snow. Rogers has looked good against a three man rush so he could have a good day if the weather doesn't affect him too much.

I'm expecting us to look worse on offense than we should because of the weather and our fans blasting Leach out of context for the next 8 months or so.
    If Leach don't get some kind of run going, he deserves some criticism just like he has all year.

Out of context? Leach didn't have bad weather all year to affect his O. Weather, hence another reason you can't throw 85% of time and win consistently.

Todd your pre-emptive strike makes you look like the lead cancel culture cheerleader. Give it a rest, and grown some skin, toughen up buttercup. This is the SEC, expect a little pressure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Y'all are underestimating a veteran team that knows how to win and is well coached. They start 18 of 22 juniors and seniors and this is a huge game for them.
    They are not going to sit in man most of the day like Mizzou did (stupid). They are going to zone us up and we have not run the ball against drop 8 all year. And I don't expect it to happen now. 20-14 type game.
    Agree with this. We have only played a few good or decent teams all year and struggled against bad teams. i expect more of the same tomorrow. Who knows maybe we get lucky with a Mizzou showing.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    We can lose the game but if both teams play their best game we will win and it won’t be close. That doesn’t mean that we will look better tomorrow, particularly with the weather, but the idea that we are playing a team that is anywhere near as talented as we are is false.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    If Leach don't get some kind of run going, he deserves some criticism just like he has all year.

Out of context? Leach didn't have bad weather all year to affect his O. Weather, hence another reason you can't throw 85% of time and win consistently.

Todd your pre-emptive strike makes you look like the lead cancel culture cheerleader. Give it a rest, and grown some skin, toughen up buttercup. This is the SEC, expect a little pressure.
    Sorry to ruin your bitch fest before it gets started.

vCash
    Are we sure it wasn't that Mizzou couldn't zone us up and played man because we were running the ball?

If Tulsa drops 8 and Leach is willing to run the ball as much as he did against Mizzou, the game is over by halftime.
    Last edited by thf24; 12-30-2020 at 07:48 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Sorry to ruin your bitch fest before it gets started.
    Who is btching? Pot meet kettle.

Nothing but facts from my last post.