Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Maroon Uni?s for Armed Forces Bowl

vCash

Maroon Uni?s for Armed Forces Bowl

... l
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 12-31-2020 at 03:27 PM.

vCash

Maroon Uni?s for Armed Forces Bowl

vCash
    Was hoping for flying m.

vCash
    Was hoping for the black uni's again.

vCash
    I think we need to show our identity in the bowl games and I like the Maroon for that .... The black uni's and flying M are kinda cool but it's not our identity
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    I think we need to show our identity in the bowl games and I like the Maroon for that .... The black uni's and flying M are kinda cool but it's not our identity
    It should be for football like M over S "is for baseball"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    MSJ should be our football identity

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We're probably looking at a 52 game SEC schedule that should be announced soon. 56 games total in all likelihood. Not sure who the four OOC games will be against.

Look for Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and then Sunday format. Possibly Saturday DH in some instances as well.
    I hope we play more than 4 OCC games. That would hurt small programs and damage the game. Lemonis has supported the traditional schedule - I see a tweet from Manieri saying differently, but I think it would be bad to play so few OCC games

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    I hope we play more than 4 OCC games. That would hurt small programs and damage the game. Lemonis has supported the traditional schedule - I see a tweet from Manieri saying differently, but I think it would be bad to play so few OCC games
    Yeah, they have managed to screw up college football by creating a huge gap b/t the blue bloods and non blue bloods. It seems like college baseball has had a lot of wind at it’s back the last few years but a conference only schedule could endanger some of the smaller programs which could have long term consequences. They need to be propping up these smaller schools, especially when it comes to baseball.

vCash
    I agree. I just wind if the OOC games will be the Governor's Cup and USM, Memphis, and whoever in Biloxi.

vCash
    That gray stripe is so hideous
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    Agree, the Flying M would be great identity in football.
    Anything but the current Mstate.

vCash
    A 52 game SEC schedule is going to be very taxing on SEC pitching staffs but our staff is deep and should be one of the better ones in the league so we should be o.k.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We're probably looking at a 52 game SEC schedule that should be announced soon. 56 games total in all likelihood. Not sure who the four OOC games will be against.

Look for Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and then Sunday format. Possibly Saturday DH in some instances as well.
    Wow, so they are going to ask SEC baseball teams, when they go on the road, to stay for 4 days at the location to get the series in? That seems a bit much to me but whatever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Wow, so they are going to ask SEC baseball teams, when they go on the road, to stay for 4 days at the location to get the series in? That seems a bit much to me but whatever.
    I suppose so. It's actually not that much different than say we go to Baton Rouge for a weekend series and then stay in Biloxi Tuesday night before to play South Alabama or going to Oxford for the weekend series and playing Memphis on a Tuesday before that series. That probably happens at least 2-3 times a year for the baseball team- conservatively. I imagine there will be a lot of online classes too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerdawg View Post
    MSJ should be our football identity
    What he said!

I think it's complete BS that we can't have MSJ or the interlocking MSU on our helmets in some modern Adidas form once or twice a year.

vCash
    Was Eagan the guy that passed out in the dugout a couple of years ago?

vCash
    Yes, it was during the regional or SR........
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    That's not on the SEC - most of the smaller conferences have already decided to go conference games only and/or have limited their own OOC schedules.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    It?s basically a club sport anyway.... it would be a blessing to 90% of the NCAA schools to drop it.