Thread: Maroon Uni?s for Armed Forces Bowl

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We're probably looking at a 52 game SEC schedule that should be announced soon. 56 games total in all likelihood. Not sure who the four OOC games will be against.

Look for Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and then Sunday format. Possibly Saturday DH in some instances as well.
    I hope we play more than 4 OCC games. That would hurt small programs and damage the game. Lemonis has supported the traditional schedule - I see a tweet from Manieri saying differently, but I think it would be bad to play so few OCC games

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    I hope we play more than 4 OCC games. That would hurt small programs and damage the game. Lemonis has supported the traditional schedule - I see a tweet from Manieri saying differently, but I think it would be bad to play so few OCC games
    Yeah, they have managed to screw up college football by creating a huge gap b/t the blue bloods and non blue bloods. It seems like college baseball has had a lot of wind at it’s back the last few years but a conference only schedule could endanger some of the smaller programs which could have long term consequences. They need to be propping up these smaller schools, especially when it comes to baseball.

vCash
    I agree. I just wind if the OOC games will be the Governor's Cup and USM, Memphis, and whoever in Biloxi.

vCash
    That's not on the SEC - most of the smaller conferences have already decided to go conference games only and/or have limited their own OOC schedules.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    That's not on the SEC - most of the smaller conferences have already decided to go conference games only and/or have limited their own OOC schedules.
    I'm thinking Sun Belt and CUSA and SWAC. I'm sure the Northern small schools may have difficulties in Southern Swings for a month. Like Sacred Heart from Connecticut or Holy Cross from Massachusetts.

So, I'm talking Memphis, UAB, Alcorn, South Alabama, Jackson State, Southern Miss, Tulane, LA Monroe, etc.

Plus, these games are valuable for the pitching staff. You can afford to ease-in a Freshman that might get tagged a bit. Heck we lost to Texas Southern with KC Hunt getting shelled, but I bet it was valuable to KC Hunt.

Pie in the sky thinking - with huge rosters - you can almost create two bubbles - with bubble switch protocol. The Midweek team and the SEC Weekend Team. To the connoisseurs, those Midweek games would be bad-ass and valuable to the younger kids. They get to play and be the stars. English soccer teams are doing this with their U-23 teams, separate bubbles

vCash
    I'm thinking Sun Belt and CUSA and SWAC. I'm sure the Northern small schools may have difficulties in Southern Swings for a month. Like Sacred Heart from Connecticut or Holy Cross from Massachusetts.

So, I'm talking Memphis, UAB, Alcorn, South Alabama, Jackson State, Southern Miss, Tulane, LA Monroe, etc.

Plus, these games are valuable for the pitching staff. You can afford to ease-in a Freshman that might get tagged a bit. Heck we lost to Texas Southern with KC Hunt getting shelled, but I bet it was valuable to KC Hunt.

Pie in the sky thinking - with huge rosters - you can almost create two bubbles - with bubble switch protocol. The Midweek team and the SEC Weekend Team. To the connoisseurs, those Midweek games would be bad-ass and valuable to the younger kids. They get to play and be the stars. English soccer teams are doing this with their U-23 teams, separate bubbles
    We did that with our shop crew, made 2 crews working alternate weeks with no interaction. We did this for first 6 weeks of this crisis.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!