Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dwayne Haskins released

vCash

Dwayne Haskins released

The Washington Football Team has released former first rounder Dwayne Haskins. I remember when the Giants drafted Daniel Jones in the first round with Haskins still being available. Cris Carter said the Giants were racist and Jones was picked ahead of Haskins because of racism. A few players agreed. While the jury is still out on Jones, he has at least proven to be miles better than Haskins. To my knowledge, Carter has never apologized. Idiot.

vCash
    Haskins has shown that he?s a clown.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacksondevildog View Post
    Haskins has shown that he?s a clown.
    Yep. He needs to go join the circus.

vCash
    He's not very good. He wasn't very good in college either. I thought Washington was idiotic at the time when they picked him. Jones was by far the superior pick. It had nothing to do with race. Haskins was/is a one read QB and those get eaten alive at the NFL level.

vCash
    The release is at least one game too late.

vCash
    Now im wondering if he get picked up by another team or we see him in the XFL in 2022? Im leaning towards XFL.

vCash
    I'm pretty shocked he's been as bad as he's been. I hope Sean Payton signs him to practice squad if he's available after the season. Lottery ticket.

vCash
    Cardale Jones 2.0.....
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    I'll be interested to look back 3-5 years from today and see just how good this high profile program QBs end up being. Mayfield, Murray, Tua, Hurts, Lawrence, Haskins, Fields, and Jones.

It's been a very long time since we've had that many blue bloods put out this many 1st round picks in a short period of time. Will be interesting to see if there's a pattern of failure due to inability to adjust to a more even playing field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'm pretty shocked he's been as bad as he's been. I hope Sean Payton signs him to practice squad if he's available after the season. Lottery ticket.
    It's not shocking at all if all the reports about his consistently atrocious work ethic since arriving in the League are accurate. I'm sure someone will give him another shot, but unless he can do a hard 180 in the maturity department, it won't last long.

vCash
    Lee Corso got up and walked out on live TV and said "Haskins!!!"
    Lmao. Idiots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Lee Corso got up and walked out on live TV and said "Haskins!!!"
    Lmao. Idiots.
    A high percentage of fault can be attributed to the media...espn..etc.. for making some of these players something they're not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I'll be interested to look back 3-5 years from today and see just how good this high profile program QBs end up being. Mayfield, Murray, Tua, Hurts, Lawrence, Haskins, Fields, and Jones.

It's been a very long time since we've had that many blue bloods put out this many 1st round picks in a short period of time. Will be interesting to see if there's a pattern of failure due to inability to adjust to a more even playing field.
    Burrow looked pretty dang good before the injury.

vCash
    Burrow looked pretty dang good before the injury.
    I didn't include Burrow on the list because I didn't really throw them into that consistent contender group. I stuck with Bama, Oklahoma, Clemson, and Ohio State. Those are really the only 4 that yearly will have a consistent shot.

But you could include him and it would make sense.

vCash
    Some guys are busts and it is what it is. He was a reach in the 1st and it ended badly. Very typical of the Redskins decisions the last 20 years offensively.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Typical Ohio State QB..... Hopefully Joe Burrow got out of that curse early.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    He's not very good. He wasn't very good in college either. I thought Washington was idiotic at the time when they picked him. Jones was by far the superior pick. It had nothing to do with race. Haskins was/is a one read QB and those get eaten alive at the NFL level.
    Haskins went to Dan Snyder's son's HS. I Kid you not, that was the draw

vCash
    Everyone had Haskins going in the 1st round.

vCash
    Everyone had Haskins going in the 1st round.
    But was that because he was a 1st round QB, or because teams are so desperate for QBs they take 2-3rd round talents in the 1st? Genuine question as I didn't follow that draft

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    But was that because he was a 1st round QB, or because teams are so desperate for QBs they take 2-3rd round talents in the 1st? Genuine question as I didn't follow that draft
    Not sure. Just stated it to point out the redskins weren't thought to be reaching at the time.