Thread: Phil Neikro died

vCash

Phil Neikro died

Dam what a great Pitcher.

vCash
    When I was a kid - other than '82 & '83 - it seemed like Knucksie was the only pitcher who gave the Braves a chance to win. The greatest knuckleball pitcher of all time.

vCash
    Didn’t he have a season where he won 20 ad lost 20?....memory fades but, didn’t his catcher have a bit roughly 1 1/3 to 11/2 larger than normal??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    Didn’t he have a season where he won 20 ad lost 20?....memory fades but, didn’t his catcher have a bit roughly 1 1/3 to 11/2 larger than normal??
    He did have a 20 win and 20 loss season.

I don't care for knuckleball pitchers personally because they tend to have control issues and are either on or off and you never know what you're going to get. But I really admired Niekro. For him to do it as long as he did deserves respect.

vCash
    He was a 300 game winner and did it when the Braves sucked ... I loved watching this guy and living in Atlanta I used to see him a lot ... RIP Phil
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.