Here's why I think we have a lot of problems with in state players and what we can do about it.

1. We have ZERO media presence in state. Our best media guy is probably Brandon Walker. I'm not sure how far his reach is though. If you go to Louisiana LSU is hyped up by the media. Same thing with other states like Arkansas. Even worse though our Clarion-Ledger beat writer is not only not talking positively about MSU- he is writing slanderous articles about how Ole Miss has taken us over. That's an issue we need to take up with the Clarion-Ledger.

2. Mississippi has a poor ole me attitude from its citizens. There is very little state pride and you often here from the citizens "I'm leaving for __ whenever I first get the chance."

So because MSU has zero media presence it is up to MSU to create it's own pride and image. What MSU needs to do for the next year:

1. Threaten to pull the Clarion-Ledger's press credentials. And then follow through and pull them if our beat writer writes another slanderous article.

2. Have the MSU video department do short interviews with former MSU players from Mississippi that made it to the NFL and talk about why going to MSU was a good decision for them and talk about their favorite memories of playing at MSU. So, Anthony Dixon, Eric Moulds, Gabe Jackson, Elgton Jenkins, Chris Jones, Fletcher Cox, Jeffrey Simmons, KJ Wright, Benardrick McKinney, Johnathan Abrams- he could talk about why he came back to MSU after going to Georgia, and Jonthan Banks. Fans could tweet the videos to recruits. You could also have current players like Jaden Walley, Emmanuel Forbes, and etc. talk about their decision to go to MSU.