Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Liberty Coastal Carolina

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Well This is why Non P 5 schools don't get NY6 games. Hell just think if Hugh had a halfway decent QB.
    Yes and no. If it is the right non P5 school the right year, it is fine. Coastal Carolina was not it this year. Liberty would have been a much better option. Liberty has a decent resume and has a solid team. CC is just a good G5 school and that is it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Yes and no. If it is the right non P5 school the right year, it is fine. Coastal Carolina was not it this year. Liberty would have been a much better option. Liberty has a decent resume and has a solid team. CC is just a good G5 school and that is it.
    Maybe cinci was the one that shoulda got a shot. I'm saying that without watching them play all year, so I could be way off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Maybe cinci was the one that shoulda got a shot. I'm saying that without watching them play all year, so I could be way off.
    Yeah I agree. I haven't seen them play either but that would be my bet this year. Their game with UGA will be the litmus test.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Cincy and BYU were the two best G5 teams IMO. I think if BYU has more than 2 days and a cross country trip on short notice to prepare for Coastal they would've waxed them. BYU literally took everyone else to the woodshed this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    Exactly. I would've welcomed him here with open arms and so would everyone else on this forum once we started winning.
    Not me. I seriously would quit watching MSU football is we hired Freeze. If Freeze won a national championship at MSU, I still wouldn't watch or be in support. Some things are bigger than football. And I know some things about Hugh.

vCash
    Freeze won this game in OT against a coach that had a team that was picked at the bottom of the sun belt. I would take Chadwell any day over freeze

vCash
    Freeze is a very good coach that has baggage. I respect his offensive coaching while am sickened by his preacher BS. There is the rumor he wont get an SEC job as long as Sankey is SEC Commish- so who knows. I know Auburn didnt want to deal with the baggage which is surprising considering Auburn. Somebody at a big school will hire him at some point in the next couple of years. Southern Miss didnt have the money to hire him. He recruits and he wins. Winning cures everything and he will get another big job
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Freeze is a very good coach that has baggage. I respect his offensive coaching while am sickened by his preacher BS. There is the rumor he wont get an SEC job as long as Sankey is SEC Commish- so who knows. I know Auburn didnt want to deal with the baggage which is surprising considering Auburn. Somebody at a big school will hire him at some point in the next couple of years. Southern Miss didnt have the money to hire him. He recruits and he wins. Winning cures everything and he will get another big job
    Agree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    If Auburn won't take him that's very telling.

I think his only chances are Tennessee- if their boosters can overthrow Fulmer or....and this may surprise some....Florida once Dan leaves for the NFL.

I also think that there is an outside chance he ends up back at Ole Miss at some point once Manning leaves around 2025 if he even goes there in the first place.

I think he is at Liberty for awhile because of his baggage regardless. Might be best for him to just stay there. I could see Memphis possibly hiring him depending on how serious they are about football and depending on what they would be willing to pay.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Halfway decent QB? He transferred from Auburn. He's got over 400 yards and has been good this year.
    for real he is leaps and bounds better than Bo Nix
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    If Auburn won't take him that's very telling.

I think his only chances are Tennessee- if their boosters can overthrow Fulmer or....and this may surprise some....Florida once Dan leaves for the NFL.

I also think that there is an outside chance he ends up back at Ole Miss at some point once Manning leaves around 2025 if he even goes there in the first place.

I think he is at Liberty for awhile because of his baggage regardless. Might be best for him to just stay there. I could see Memphis possibly hiring him depending on how serious they are about football and depending on what they would be willing to pay.
    Tennessee is probably his best bet at this point. As long as Stricklin is at Florida then Freeze won't ever be there. I really think it's probably down to UT and OM if he ever wants a SEC job. Memphis isn't hiring him because of Fred Smith. Fred Smith is not a fan of Freeze and I'm pretty positive he's the one who nixed wanting to hire him last year when Norvell left.

vCash
    Freezus could have had the Southern Miss job and turned it down I hear. He will get a shot again before long.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is