Thread: So let?s say a couple of people had tickets to the Armed Forces Bowl

vCash

So let?s say a couple of people had tickets to the Armed Forces Bowl

And were going to arrive at Dallas Love Field on Tuesday Night and didn?t want to stay in Fort Worth, but weren?t going to have a car. Would you suggest maybe splitting your 3 night stay between Dallas (1) and West Arlington(2) so that your Uber rides to all venues are Limited, or is there somewhere in Arlington where you can find all the nightly entertainment you need for all 3 nights?

vCash
    Just carry a 20 dollar bill and a change of underwear.****

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    Me personally, there's two towns that I wouldn't want to go out for fun at this present time
    - Memphis/MidSouth region
    - Dallas/Ft. Worth region

And it all basically comes down to the fact that the virus is running absolutely rampant in those areas, hospitals are overwhelmed. You need an ER right now around there, and you are in a looooonnnnggggg wait-and-see pattern.
    I'm not a virus fear-monger, but it's just all the other issues that come with the overwhelmed system that concerns me.

vCash
    Yeah. I think they have pretty much decided to Uber to Fort Worth and get a hotel close to TCU and decent restaurants and stay safe. They both have already had Covid, but as long as it is still 2020 I wouldn?t be surprised at anything.

vCash
    Fly in to DFW or Love....take a cab over to FW. See the game and eat an early dinner on Camp Bowie at Uncle Julio's.....then head back east and fly out the next morning.

vCash
    Yeah. No. To get the flight deal, had to fly out on Tuesday, so they have to find something safe to do for Wednesday and Thursday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post
    Me personally, there's two towns that I wouldn't want to go out for fun at this present time

And it all basically comes down to the fact that the virus is running absolutely rampant in those areas, hospitals are overwhelmed. You need an ER right now around there, and you are in a looooonnnnggggg wait-and-see pattern.
    I'm not a virus fear-monger, but it's just all the other issues that come with the overwhelmed system that concerns me.
    We all need to be safe. It's doing weird things to people's blood. Some people will come in with elevated troponin because it has made the blood clot sometimes which led to STEMI, strokes, or PEs. This is a big thing that's killing people. And other times we are seeing people get DIC. It's bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Yeah. I think they have pretty much decided to Uber to Fort Worth and get a hotel close to TCU and decent restaurants and stay safe. They both have already had Covid, but as long as it is still 2020 I wouldn?t be surprised at anything.
    We are staying in the Stockyards District at the Hyatt, It's about 7 miles from the stadium. Rooms are cheap all over Forth Worth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post

Unless someone in my party is extremely high risk, ER/ICU availability isn't going to play a big factor into my decision making. What a soft society we have become.

vCash

Texas Live...

In Arlington has it all but I think it?s closed. Any other year I would stay within an Uber ride there and be done with it ..You really need to look and see what?s open but Grapevine, Arlington or The Stock Yards would be my choice ... Deep Elum in Dallas maybe the first night is also an option but I have no idea what?s open and what?s not...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    Unless someone in my party is extremely high risk, ER/ICU availability isn't going to play a big factor into my decision making. What a soft society we have become.
    My relatively young patient who died from it earlier this week wouldn?t be called soft. She wasn?t high risk population either

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    My relatively young patient who died from it earlier this week wouldn?t be called soft. She wasn?t high risk population either
    Being a man of science I'm sure you realize how, statically speaking, it is incredibly rare for a young, healthy person to die of COVID. A young person is at much, much higher risk of being killed in an auto accident. People can and do die from illnesses not normally life threatening all the time, but you have to look at the probabilities and make a decision on the risk. I'm going to travel 200 miles tomorrow just to go hunting. There is a higher chance that I will die in auto accident than from COVID, yet to me that drive is worth the risk.

vCash
    I know you said that you didn't want to stay in Ft Worth but your best option because of the lack of a rental car would be to take Super Shuttle from Dallas Love to one of the hotels near I-30 and S. University near TCU. There are choices such as Courtyard and Hilton Garden Inn plus others. From that base station you can explore the Stockyards, the university district and others with Uber. Bars are basically shut down so night life will not be great right now. Super Shuttle has curbside pickup at Love and nonstop to your hotel for about $128 for up to 3 passengers. Remember from Love to TCU is probably 40+ miles apart. Alot of territory and traffic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaleofTwoDogs View Post
    Bars are basically shut down so night life will not be great right now.
    I've checked the FB pages of some of the bigger bars in the Stockyards, it appears they are open? Would appreciate some onsite recon, though.