Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey SVD, Commencment and Downward Dogs. Bad Weather on your way

vCash
    Good bit of damage over close to Nathan Pickering's place. Heard power is still out in several places.

vCash
    For Cooter, Downward and anyone else familiar with the backwoods roads around the area, I rode out Rock Hill, Cooley Springs and Water Well roads SW of Mt. Olive and saw what looked like several areas of straight line wind damage. Then I rode out Hot Coffee Rd and saw the same. I turned down Lilly Valley Church Rd and found what looked like tornado damage where that road dead-ends into Gilmer Rd. That is about 4.3 miles SW of Taylorsville. I didn't go down Salem Church or William Warren roads on my Hot Coffee trip.

vCash
    Drove over to Hot Coffee and Collins. Said there was a lot of straight line wind damage up in Taylorsville.

vCash
    Glad you guys are safe. Gonna have to start referring all of yall and Comence and DD as the tornado gang.

vCash
    I went to sleep right after I saw this thread last night. I looked at radar and read this thread and decided I was south of the threat. Thanks for the heads up guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Glad you guys are safe. Gonna have to start referring all of yall and Comence and DD as the tornado gang.
    Yeah we are definitely in a shooting gallery over here!

vCash
    The Big Black basin to Pochahontas area is an INCREDIBLE storm incubator.....just incredible.

vCash
    Glad everyone is ok ... that system gave us a white Christmas in Tennessee
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Drove over to Hot Coffee and Collins. Said there was a lot of straight line wind damage up in Taylorsville.
    Our place is just north of taylorsville, near center ridge, and my parents just about slept thru the whole thing. Said they woke up from the wind roaring and by the time they decided to get up and check the news it had passed. Fortunately no damage.

Our place has taken a direct hit from tornadoes a few times in the last 30 years. A lot of times they’ll pass just north or just south but if a system is coming thru you can bout guarantee ones gonna be close.

vCash
    All I can say is the Natchez trace Big Black basin corridor is an incubator of storms/tornados......nothing short of incredible.