Thread: Andra Espinoza-Hunter granted second semester eligibility at Seton Hall

vCash

Andra Espinoza-Hunter granted second semester eligibility at Seton Hall

Former Miss. State women's basketball player Andra-Espinoza-Hunter) has been granted a legistative relief waiver, and instead of waiting to become eligible for next season (2021-22), will now be able to play for Seton Hall during the second semester (spring 2020-21) of this season. Reported that she will have all of next season as well. This appears to have huge implications for Miss. State's Temple transfer Ashley Jones who is in a similar transfer situation to that of Espinoza-Hunter. Also, it's the second transfer for both (A. Jones and Espinaza-Hunter). See no clear reason why Asley Jones wouldn't be ruled eligible for the spring semester as well.
    Last edited by jdelta02; 12-22-2020 at 02:10 PM.

vCash
    Seems to be more team unity after Espinoza departed. Always was told she was the agitator last year by a parent whose daughter was on the team.

vCash
    Publicly (including media platforms), Espinoza-Hunter appeared to get along well with and pull for her teammates. Mostly smiled, and appeared happy at Miss. State. Even when she was on the bench, not starting, ect...showed positive emotion towards the team and teammates on the court. Saw her crying after Miss. State lost to Oregon in the 2019 NCAA Tourney.

Also, I remember Coach Schaefer speaking very highly of her. He often spoke highly of she an Chloe Bibby...he appeared very emotional commenting about the situation with Choe Bibby's season ending ACL injury during the 2018-19 season .
    Last edited by jdelta02; 12-22-2020 at 09:50 PM.

vCash
    I thought it was because she is a grad transfer.

vCash
    She graduated from MSU earlier this month, so she should be eligible anywhere

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by notsofarawaydawg View Post
    Seems to be more team unity after Espinoza departed. Always was told she was the agitator last year by a parent whose daughter was on the team.
    By all accounts out of UCONN and what fans/insiders said about her at UCONN was exactly that. She was an agitator and ‘good luck’ with her. Guess they were right.

vCash
    The bigger question is why did Bibby leave? My interest with MSU WBB went with her...she?s starting for Maryland and averaging 13 pts and 8 rebounds per game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    The bigger question is why did Bibby leave? My interest with MSU WBB went with her...she?s starting for Maryland and averaging 13 pts and 8 rebounds per game.
    Did Bibby leave before or after the new coach was hired?

vCash
    I wonder if there was more to that. She and Andi used to be really close but no longer appear to be friends.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NWADAWG View Post
    Did Bibby leave before or after the new coach was hired?
    Before. It was said that she had already made the decision to leave before Vic left.

vCash
    Part of it might have been because she was getting schooled by Cooks in practice so knew she wouldn't be starting at the 3 (because of Rickea) or 4 this year.

vCash
    According to Seton Hall's official site...the NCAA approved a legislative relief waiver, and instead of her becoming eligible next fall (2021-22), she's now able to suit up for them for the upcoming spring semester (2020-21). Also, indicated that. she will still have the 2021-22 season of eligibility remaining as well.

(Note)
    From Seton Hall Athletics (shupirates.com)/Espinoza-Hunter Transferring to Pirates....
    "I just can't thank our compliance officers enough," Bozzella said. "Will Aloia and Tatum Colitz are two of the very best in the business, and I know they've worked tirelessly to get this waiver approved by the NCAA. Will and Tatum are a huge part of any success we enjoy moving forward."
    Last edited by jdelta02; 12-23-2020 at 04:33 PM.