Thread: Looking back at the great in-state class of 2019

vCash

Looking back at the great in-state class of 2019

Let's take a look at the big in-state class of 2019 and how it's going for them. Unbelievable how talented that class was. These guys are sophomores this year and technically will be next year too.

1. Nakobe Dean - UGA; started 9 games this year; Georgia's leading tackler; high round NFL Draft pick possibly next year.

2. Charles Cross - MSU; starting LT this year; still has some growing to do, but I think Cross will be a high NFL Draft pick before it's all over.

3. Jerrion Ealy - OM; their starting RB; 745 yards and 9 TDs; He'll probably be one of the best RBs in the league next year

4. Charles Moore - Auburn, then Oregon State, and now at Marshall; complete head case who had all the talent in the world; them Louisville kids are something else

5. Nathan Pickering - MSU; played a lot this year before he opted out; probably our starting DT next year; true Bulldog through and through

6. Byron Young - Alabama; played a lot last year and this year; probably a full-time starter next year; makes me sick that we didn't land this guy

7. Jaren Handy - Auburn; Played a little last year, hasn't played so much this year. Not sure if he's been injured or what. Definitely one to keep an eye on if he enters the portal

8. Brandon Turnage - Alabama; RS'ed last year and played on STs this year; probably going to get recruited over if he doesn't start seeing the field next year, but he seems happy where he's at. We'll see

9. Derick Hall - Auburn; Played some as a freshman and has contributed a good bit this year; another one to watch if he enters the portal

10. Dannis Jackson - Ole Miss; I know a lot of Ole Miss people who say this guy's a bust; played a little as a freshman, was hurt this year

11. De'Monte Russell - MSU; injured this year, but I think he'll be a factor on the edge next year especially with Davis moving to DE

12. Jonathan Mingo - Ole Miss; He's done more than Jackson, but he's another one who hasn't lived up to his potential; They'll need him to step up next year

13. Jarrian Jones - hahaha 17 that guy

14. KJ Jefferson - Arkansas; he's played in spurts last year and this year. I think KJ is a good QB; we'll see if he can win the job after Franks leaves

15. John Rhys Plumlee - OM; played a lot last year, barely at all this year; I expect him to transfer out bc he'll never make it with Kiffin there

16. Raydar Jones - LSU; supposedly transferring out. We'll see how serious we are about him

Those are just the 4 star guys. Unbelievable how deep that class is, but it makes me sick to look back and see all the talent we let get away with OM on probation and in the gutter. Bama and Auburn cleaned our plate for us. Good news is we may get some of those guys back. Just interesting to look back at it all.

vCash
    Joe had some big misses that year. Losing Huff and Baker hurt us badly. Also Lembaku or whatever his name was wasn't a very good recruiter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Let's take a look at the big in-state class of 2019 and how it's going for them. Unbelievable how talented that class was. These guys are sophomores this year and technically will be next year too.

1. Nakobe Dean - UGA; started 9 games this year; Georgia's leading tackler; high round NFL Draft pick possibly next year.

2. Charles Cross - MSU; starting LT this year; still has some growing to do, but I think Cross will be a high NFL Draft pick before it's all over.

3. Jerrion Ealy - OM; their starting RB; 745 yards and 9 TDs; He'll probably be one of the best RBs in the league next year

4. Charles Moore - Auburn, then Oregon State, and now at Marshall; complete head case who had all the talent in the world; them Louisville kids are something else

5. Nathan Pickering - MSU; played a lot this year before he opted out; probably our starting DT next year; true Bulldog through and through

6. Byron Young - Alabama; played a lot last year and this year; probably a full-time starter next year; makes me sick that we didn't land this guy

7. Jaren Handy - Auburn; Played a little last year, hasn't played so much this year. Not sure if he's been injured or what. Definitely one to keep an eye on if he enters the portal

8. Brandon Turnage - Alabama; RS'ed last year and played on STs this year; probably going to get recruited over if he doesn't start seeing the field next year, but he seems happy where he's at. We'll see

9. Derick Hall - Auburn; Played some as a freshman and has contributed a good bit this year; another one to watch if he enters the portal

10. Dannis Jackson - Ole Miss; I know a lot of Ole Miss people who say this guy's a bust; played a little as a freshman, was hurt this year

11. De'Monte Russell - MSU; injured this year, but I think he'll be a factor on the edge next year especially with Davis moving to DE

12. Jonathan Mingo - Ole Miss; He's done more than Jackson, but he's another one who hasn't lived up to his potential; They'll need him to step up next year

13. Jarrian Jones - hahaha 17 that guy

14. KJ Jefferson - Arkansas; he's played in spurts last year and this year. I think KJ is a good QB; we'll see if he can win the job after Franks leaves

15. John Rhys Plumlee - OM; played a lot last year, barely at all this year; I expect him to transfer out bc he'll never make it with Kiffin there

16. Raydar Jones - LSU; supposedly transferring out. We'll see how serious we are about him

Those are just the 4 star guys. Unbelievable how deep that class is, but it makes me sick to look back and see all the talent we let get away with OM on probation and in the gutter. Bama and Auburn cleaned our plate for us. Good news is we may get some of those guys back. Just interesting to look back at it all.
    13 made me crack up - greatness - thank you sir

vCash
    Hall is the one that hurts me the most because we should have had him. he's really good and we have no difference makers at that spot. Glad Wheat, Brule, and Watson panned out though.

Mingo and jackson hurt at the time, but idk anymore. Young would be here if Baker didn't ditch us, only to get fired after 1 year at Bama

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Hall is the one that hurts me the most because we should have had him. he's really good and we have no difference makers at that spot. Glad Wheat, Brule, and Watson panned out though.

Mingo and jackson hurt at the time, but idk anymore. Young would be here if Baker didn't ditch us, only to get fired after 1 year at Bama
    Yep, if we could've kept Baker, we would've landed Young.

Also probably would've gotten Ealy had we kept Huff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Joe had some big misses that year. Losing Huff and Baker hurt us badly. Also Lembaku or whatever his name was wasn't a very good recruiter.
    Baker wasn't a very good recruiter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Yep, if we could've kept Baker, we would've landed Young.

Also probably would've gotten Ealy had we kept Huff.
    no and no. We had zero shot at ealy. Young, from all my sources, just liked bama. baker wasnt changing that.

vCash
    Wasn't Cross name to the All SEC Second Team?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Wasn't Cross name to the All SEC Second Team?
    I think him walley and forbes