Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It gets real quiet on the board when State wins

vCash

It gets real quiet on the board when State wins

All of the folks who want to see Leach fail go back into hiding. T

vCash
    Go to bed old man

vCash
    But if he wins they can’t call for Cohens head.

Man, yesterday was fun to keep up with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    Go to bed old man
    Get off my lawn***

vCash
    That was really fun to watch. I hope this is the version of the leach system we are going to see going forward. Just get us in the right plays!!!! Maybe that was on Will. I don't care if we throw every play or call more runs like last night as long as we are getting the right play called at the line of scrimmage. Great to see our OL do what they did last night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    That was really fun to watch. I hope this is the version of the leach system we are going to see going forward. Just get us in the right plays!!!! Maybe that was on Will. I don't care if we throw every play or call more runs like last night as long as we are getting the right play called at the line of scrimmage. Great to see our OL do what they did last night.
    Also adding the fact we lost our best defensive player on the first possession of the game and still more or less dominated them, yesterday was a lot of fun.

vCash
    Good game yesterday. Was good to see us finally run the ball some.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Good game yesterday. Was good to see us finally run the ball some.
    Thank the QB for that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Thank the QB for that
    When Will had that Scramble in the 1st, the Mizz defense change after that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    When Will had that Scramble in the 1st, the Mizz defense change after that.
    I was talking about the run checks. That is the QB. Leach is never going to call a run play. Ask anyone who has ever played for him

vCash
    It's because most of our fans suck. We are all-americans at "yeah, but....."

vCash
    Will also didn't throw off his Back foot many time yesterday. That has been one of his main problems this year. Ah I forgot to add his receivers finally found the open spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I was talking about the run checks. That is the QB. Leach is never going to call a run play. Ask anyone who has ever played for him
    Exactly - I posted this in the game thread yesterday. The running in Leach's system is all about the QB making the call based on what he sees. Yesterday is the first real Leach Air Raid game we've played because Will really began to understand the defense and was taking what they were giving him - which was check to the run. In turn it opened up the passing game and we had an offense working the way it was intended for the first time all year.

vCash
    If we EFFECTIVELY (key word there) run the ball 35% or greater, then we'll have success. Yesterday was the first time all year we got push from the big boys up front.

vCash
    If Will keeps progressing the way he has, it's going to be interesting to see what they do with Sawyer next year. I know that Sawyer has the better arm, but Will has already gone through one year of the learning curve under Leach and has shown that he can run this offense.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebob View Post
    If Will keeps progressing the way he has, it's going to be interesting to see what they do with Sawyer next year. I know that Sawyer has the better arm, but Will has already gone through one year of the learning curve under Leach and has shown that he can run this offense.
    Sawyer playing baseball is going to hurt him. If he wants to be the starting QB, he'll have to give up baseball. QB is a position that can't be mastered with half the reps.

vCash
    Winston and Murray managed it pretty well.

With Sawyer not showing up until June or later- he will pretty much end up being a RS in 2021. I dont see any way he would be significantly better in 2021 than Rogers with his football intellect and year of experience- plus Spring practice.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Also adding the fact we lost our best defensive player on the first possession of the game and still more or less dominated them, yesterday was a lot of fun.
    I really enjoyed watching both sides of the ball yesterday. I surely hope Leach uses the run going forwards.

vCash
    My cousin graduated from Missouri. He called me last night and said he is sure glad they are not in the West. He thought for sure with us only having two wins they would run all over us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    My cousin graduated from Missouri. He called me last night and said he is sure glad they are not in the West. He thought for sure with us only having two wins they would run all over us.
    The muffed punt resulting in a td for us kind of set the stage for us and broke their momentum. Our running game opened up the whole field for Will to literally pick them a part, especially the 15 and 20 yarders he threw. Our defense player a heck of a game too.