Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you are going to the bowl game go ahead and buy tickets to the Armed Forces bowl

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash

If you are going to the bowl game go ahead and buy tickets to the Armed Forces bowl

The 247 crew says that is looking very likely and you can get 4 tickets for 12 dollars total. Although I am a vet, they don’t ask for proof of being one to order the tickets. We need all the fans we can get in there and it’s limited capacity.

vCash
    when will bowl matchups be announced and where...thx

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Can we bring back our Sonny Mont unis for the game?
    Downvotes_Hype

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    when will bowl matchups be announced and where...thx
    They are being announced all afternoon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    The 247 crew says that is looking very likely and you can get 4 tickets for 12 dollars total. Although I am a vet, they don’t ask for proof of being one to order the tickets. We need all the fans we can get in there and it’s limited capacity.
    Where did you see the price for tickets? Through the bowl?

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    I ordered them through the bowl game website

Armedforcesbowl.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    On the bowl website, they said they're not selling tickets to the general public, but they're giving away free tickets in increments of 2 and 4 to military members and their families. Apparently you don't have to prove that you're in the military which is weird because anyone can just claim the free tickets. I wonder if you'll have to prove you're in the military at the gate? Idk, just seems odd.

vCash
    I was a member of the mississippi natural guard for six years...does that count

vCash
    I'm sure it does

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Which unit and years?

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    On the bowl website, they said they're not selling tickets to the general public, but they're giving away free tickets in increments of 2 and 4 to military members and their families. Apparently you don't have to prove that you're in the military which is weird because anyone can just claim the free tickets. I wonder if you'll have to prove you're in the military at the gate? Idk, just seems odd.
    They aren’t going to ask 65 year olds to show them a DD 214 at the gate. They are just using the honor system. I will be there so if anyone does have a problem they can hit me up and I’ll claim you as family. But seriously they won’t ask for proof.

vCash
    Gotta say that's where I draw the line. Will never state I'm a veteran when I do not deserve that respect and privilege. That's purely stolen Valor.

Ya'll do you.
    I would rather a veteran have my seat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Gotta say that's where I draw the line. Will never state I'm a veteran when I do not deserve that respect and privilege. That's purely stolen Valor.

Ya'll do you.
    Very well said Scooba ... I have 10 years in the Guard- all peace time and never deployed and would NEVER consider passing myself off as a veteran
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash

Ya'll do you.
    Absolutely.

vCash
    Looks like this bowl may be canceled anyway. I still think we get one. There's just a bunch more teams opting out today, such as Boise State just a few minutes ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Looks like this bowl may be canceled anyway. I still think we get one. There's just a bunch more teams opting out today, such as Boise State just a few minutes ago.
    We most definitely get one if we want. Could be Liberty, Gasparilla, Independence, Texas, or Outback

vCash

Ya'll do you.
    Not to mention it's illegal.

vCash
    168th Engineer Group(Construction)...HQ and HQ Company...out of Vicksburg MS...and damn proud of it. BTW, I am a veteran for certain purposes, since my service was during the Vietnam conflict....have the paperwork to certify it.
    Last edited by was21; 12-20-2020 at 04:45 PM.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Lol. The bowl game is not going to have more than 200 people there that are actual veterans. People are buying the tickets and selling them on the secondary market. So go ahead and wait for someone to sell them to you for 18 times the price if you must. I apologize for trying to help you guys out. Just know that when you buy your ticket it wasn’t from a veteran and you paid about 50 dollars per ticket too much.

-signed 2 time deployed active duty military member
    Last edited by Jarius; 12-20-2020 at 04:48 PM.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Now it looks like it may be the Birmingham bowl, so this thread is all for naught.