Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Rogers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Is he a good decision maker or does he need to improve?
    I never said he was - that was our local talent evaluator. But you can be good at something and still need to improve FYI

vCash
    I can say he's a good quarterback while talking about things he needs to improve on. It's possible to do both.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Agree. But not sure if anyone is ripping him. Pointing out some deficiencies? Yes. I pointed out a few myself(staring down recovers and arm strength). But I also said he is a freshman and we haven't seen the finally product. If I can see it, I know Leach can and is going to coach him up and make him hit the weights. Also, I feel he must improve because we seem to be bringing in a legit QB and there is a possibility Rogers gets passed(not saying next year but possibly some time). I will also agree he is the best freshman QB I've seen us put on the field ever. He has improved and seems to be getting more comfortable with the offense. I hope his ceiling is high and I hope he was one checking to those running plays because they were working and that means he was seeing the field better and putting us in the right plays. Hail state.
    Nothing wrong with pointing out deficiencies and I thing you take is spot on. But there have been quite a few threads this week including the game thread where people completely forget he is a freshman.

vCash
    About half of his interceptions are because Osiris wouldn't fight for a ball in the end zone.

vCash
    Will has been very impressive to me considering he is a freshman. He just needs to mature and continue to read defenses better and develop a deep passing game more. That will come in time.

People talking about how great Corral is- remember how he looked as a freshman in the Egg Bowl? Or last year? Compare that to now. Will I think will improve at a similar rate or better since he is better than Corral was as a freshman as far as running the team and decision making goes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    About half of his interceptions are because Osiris wouldn't fight for a ball in the end zone.
    Stop it...lol. However, I agree all of the ints were not on him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Will has been very impressive to me considering he is a freshman. He just needs to mature and continue to read defenses better and develop a deep passing game more. That will come in time.

People talking about how great Corral is- remember how he looked as a freshman in the Egg Bowl? Or last year? Compare that to now. Will I think will improve at a similar rate or better since he is better than Corral was as a freshman as far as running the team and decision making goes.
    Corral looked good as a freshman. His passer rating was 184 as a freshman (very limited action), and it's 182 this year. He did dip down to 131 last year, which is in line with Rogers' 124 this year. Luke is an idiot for now sticking with corral last year.

vCash
    Stop it...lol. However, I agree all of the ints were not on him.
    If we playing what ifs, then you have to account for the dropped ints too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Yep.

vCash
    Not really. There’s a reason they playing DB and not WR lol. WR‘s supposed to catch the damn ball PERIOD. DB’s ain’t expected to catch like WR’s (even though it’s debatable we’ve had some DB’s in recent years who could catch better than our WR’s we’ve had). There’s an expectation for SEC WR’s to catch the ball when it hits them in the hands.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Good post ... and NEVER forget that he won the position from a 5th year Senior who if I remember correctly was a 5 star qb
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Listen, no one is saying he's not a decent Qb. However, I get tired of a certain poster acting as if he's Peyton Manning and everyone that comes through a certain school are can't miss NFL prospects. Will better improve just like every position on the field or he'll be benched.

Turning the ball over as frequent as he does will keep a Qb controversy going. It's no coincidence Leach has recruited and signed four Qbs including two veterans. He wants better play from that position. He's definitely improved from his 1st game but we're still 2-4 in games he was the primary Qb.

He's a solid Qb with a bright future headed in the right direction if he keeps improving.
    Turning the ball over? He does that less than anyone in the conference?? He had 2 yesterday and one was a 50/50 ball to our best WR. Leach is taking QBs bc we have had 1 scholarship QB dress out for the majority of this season. Neither one of those veterans will be on scholarship either. Will is going to be. You lose.

@ me next time too unless you are scared to admit he already made you eat it this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Will Rogers is a good QB and decision maker. He just needs to increase his talent a little. His current talent level limits the offense a little. He’s like having a 10 HR guy hitting in the 3 hole of a MLB lineup
    Explain to me how someone increases their talent, and what exactly does that mean. Bc he had 2 ball slip out of his hand yesterday? He is going to break every record we have by a long way. If you cannot get behind this kid you can to get behind anyone

vCash
    Well considering his completion percentage is around 80 and at one point he had thrown the most completions and most attempts without a pick in the country I would say he is a good decision maker

vCash
    7 and 28 would not give him credit if he delivered Christmas presents and cooked a meal for the whole board. They would say he did not wrap them tight enough and the turkey was dry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Explain to me how someone increases their talent, and what exactly does that mean. Bc he had 2 ball slip out of his hand yesterday? He is going to break every record we have by a long way. If you cannot get behind this kid you can to get behind anyone
    Again, discussing things he needs to improve on doesn't equal not being behind him. I can't take anything you say about this subject seriously because you are so incredibly biased. And that's fine.

Will Rogers is a good QB. He needs to improve his arm strength in order to be a really good QB. I think he will do that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    7 and 28 would not give him credit if he delivered Christmas presents and cooked a meal for the whole board. They would say he did not wrap them tight enough and the turkey was dry
    I think he's been solid, nothing spectacular. He's a true freshman though, so he can improve some or even a lot. He finished with a 124 passer rating, so that hardly anything to praise him over.

vCash
    Many of you guys are looking at stats too much and not enough at ability. Arm strength, speed, athleticism, strength.

While stats and decision making are important, talent raises your ceiling and allows for more room for error.

Talent determines what you can do and stats and decision making determine how likely you are to do it.

vCash
    I think he's been solid, nothing spectacular. He's a true freshman though, so he can improve some or even a lot. He finished with a 124 passer rating, so that hardly anything to praise him over.
    I was prolly to hard on you but you can take it.

Anyway I could give a shit about passer rating

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Many of you guys are looking at stats too much and not enough at ability. Arm strength, speed, athleticism, strength.

While stats and decision making are important, talent raises your ceiling and allows for more room for error.

Talent determines what you can do and stats and decision making determine how likely you are to do it.
    Do you sit around and pretend you are Mel kiper