Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Rogers

vCash

Will Rogers

Just scrolled thru the game thread. Some of you guys need a reality check. Critiquing Will like he's a senior - comparing him against Corral - "informing" us that he needs to hit the weight room - saying how "he better improve"- talking about how he better get serious before the next high school kid shows up.
    Do you guys realize he was in high school this time last year? When was the last time MS State had a true freshman QB that had his leadership and accuracy as a true freshman? When? Name one? Some of you don't realize that this kid is making history right before our eyes. He's the real deal and some of you need to give the kid some grace. I hope he doesn't get on here and read some of your keyboard warrior comments. He needs time to mature, fill out his frame, learn the undermanned cast of characters around him, and adjust to SEC ball. I mean he has only played in SEC games. I honestly don't know any QB ever that didn't get some starts against little schools in their first year, much less starting as a freshman. And no I'm not friends with Bucky or Will.

vCash
    Well said.

vCash
    Listen, no one is saying he's not a decent Qb. However, I get tired of a certain poster acting as if he's Peyton Manning and everyone that comes through a certain school are can't miss NFL prospects. Will better improve just like every position on the field or he'll be benched.

Turning the ball over as frequent as he does will keep a Qb controversy going. It's no coincidence Leach has recruited and signed four Qbs including two veterans. He wants better play from that position. He's definitely improved from his 1st game but we're still 2-4 in games he was the primary Qb.

He's a solid Qb with a bright future headed in the right direction if he keeps improving.
    Last edited by bulldawg28; 12-20-2020 at 07:17 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Just scrolled thru the game thread. Some of you guys need a reality check. Critiquing Will like he's a senior - comparing him against Corral - "informing" us that he needs to hit the weight room - saying how "he better improve"- talking about how he better get serious before the next high school kid shows up.
    Do you guys realize he was in high school this time last year? When was the last time MS State had a true freshman QB that had his leadership and accuracy as a true freshman? When? Name one? Some of you don't realize that this kid is making history right before our eyes. He's the real deal and some of you need to give the kid some grace. I hope he doesn't get on here and read some of your keyboard warrior comments. He needs time to mature, fill out his frame, learn the undermanned cast of characters around him, and adjust to SEC ball. I mean he has only played in SEC games. I honestly don't know any QB ever that didn't get some starts against little schools in their first year, much less starting as a freshman. And no I'm not friends with Bucky or Will.
    Welcome, you must be new here. We have the absolute dumbest fans, at least those who post a lot on message boards and social media.
    Last edited by viverlibre; 12-20-2020 at 08:54 AM.

vCash
    Very well said, Cowbell. I have an OM friend who is very impressed with Rogers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Very well said, Cowbell. I have an OM friend who is very impressed with Rogers.
    Thanks man. My brother, who played football at ole miss, thinks he is special.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Listen, no one is saying he's not a decent Qb. However, I get tired of a certain poster acting as if he's Peyton Manning and everyone that comes through a certain school are can't miss NFL prospects. Will better improve just like every position on the field or he'll be benched.

Turning the ball over as frequent as he does will keep a Qb controversy going. It's no coincidence Leach has recruited and signed four Qbs including two veterans. He wants better play from that position. He's definitely improved from his 1st game but we're still 2-4 in games he was the primary Qb.

He's a solid Qb with a bright future headed in the right direction if he keeps improving.
    He's not making any more mistakes than any other true freshman qb that has ever had to start in this league. The difference is he is a natural leader and he is very accurate for his experience level and for what he has to work with. He has been running for his life In Those games that we lost as well. He shouldn't even be in this position, so you might back off him just a bit.

vCash
    He's not making any more mistakes than any other true freshman qb that has ever had to start in this league. The difference is he is a natural leader and he is very accurate for his experience level and for what he has to work with. He has been running for his life In Those games that we lost as well. He shouldn't even be in this position, so you might back off him just a bit.
    He's running for his life due to decisions. He's made better decisions and the sacks have gone down.

vCash
    SEC QB is a pressure position. Part of the gig. He’s a better QB than your motives for writing this
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    I have an OM friend who is very impressed with Rogers.
    Seriously.... who gives a 17 what they think? Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    Welcome, you must be new here. We have the absolute dumbest fans, at least those who post a lot on message boards and social media.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Will Rogers is a good QB and decision maker. He just needs to increase his talent a little. His current talent level limits the offense a little. He’s like having a 10 HR guy hitting in the 3 hole of a MLB lineup

vCash
    As I remember a fellow by the name of John Bond made plenty of freshman mistakes, throughout his career. And he was special.

vCash
    Rogers is no Arch Manning. **

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    As I remember a fellow by the name of John Bond made plenty of freshman mistakes, throughout his career. And he was special.
    It’s not about mistakes. It’s about ability level

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Seriously.... who gives a 17 what they think? Lol
    Because he knows football very well. And usually he is a bit of a homer.

vCash
    SEC QB is a pressure position. Part of the gig. He?s a better QB than your motives for writing this
    You're right. It is a pressure position. Which is why you need to give the kid some grace and give him time to adjust to this game. You act like you are an NFL scout in game threads but you have two completely different takes on players within the same thread every week. My motives are to get you to back off and appreciate what we are watching and quit trying to be an internet expert. Nobody is sitting here waiting on your assessment of a player to determine what we have.

vCash
    Will Rogers is a good QB and decision maker. He just needs to increase his talent a little. His current talent level limits the offense a little. He’s like having a 10 HR guy hitting in the 3 hole of a MLB lineup
    You can stop after your first sentence. Good decision maker is rare to find in a sec qb who just went to prom

vCash
    Agree. But not sure if anyone is ripping him. Pointing out some deficiencies? Yes. I pointed out a few myself(staring down recovers and arm strength). But I also said he is a freshman and we haven't seen the finally product. If I can see it, I know Leach can and is going to coach him up and make him hit the weights. Also, I feel he must improve because we seem to be bringing in a legit QB and there is a possibility Rogers gets passed(not saying next year but possibly some time). I will also agree he is the best freshman QB I've seen us put on the field ever. He has improved and seems to be getting more comfortable with the offense. I hope his ceiling is high and I hope he was one checking to those running plays because they were working and that means he was seeing the field better and putting us in the right plays. Hail state.

vCash
    You can stop after your first sentence. Good decision maker is rare to find in a sec qb who just went to prom
    Is he a good decision maker or does he need to improve?