Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7-4

vCash
    Well if we had gotten even a C game from our QBs against Ark and KY we are probably 5-5 right now and I think we would have all been extremely pleased with that.

We use yesterday’s play calling and we might have beaten OM

So we were pretty close to 6-4 despite all the adversity we had this year with QB play, all our starting safeties going down, our best offensive player basically playing 1 game and then kicking off a fair amount of guys

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I don't think we do. We did it under Dan with out a gimmick offense. WE did it as a legit SEC team. We hired a gimmick. We ARE a gimmick now.
    Dan had a gimmick offense here. Very few teams ran a spread option that centered on the QB running the ball as much as we did. So much so that Dan couldn't figure out how to win with the best pure passer he had (Russell).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Based on his track record I don't see why some of our fans aren't being patient. It's not like he took over MSU 2018.
    I don't see any one being impatient. Making comments like every other football expert is not being a bad fan. Some of you need to stop being so thin skinned. All MSU fans want MSU to win. Just didn't see the need to implode this year like we did. We got at least 3 years, we'll wait and see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    We would've lost to NC State. That game was early. It took us 6 games to get the offense going (aside from the LSU game)
    If we would have played NC State, that would have meant we had a full spring and summer to implement the offense so you can't compare the offensive execution (pun intended) early this season with playing NC State early in the season. With a full spring and summer, I think we would have been anywhere from 7-4 to 5-6 which is the range about 90% of the people on here predicted pre-covid back in the January/Februrary time frame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberBeast View Post
    It?s amazing. And LSU would have killed us if they played different defensively.
    LSU has given up like 5 games of 600 yards. Give this dead horse a break

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    If we would have played NC State, that would have meant we had a full spring and summer to implement the offense so you can't compare the offensive execution (pun intended) early this season with playing NC State early in the season. With a full spring and summer, I think we would have been anywhere from 7-4 to 5-6 which is the range about 90% of the people on here predicted pre-covid back in the January/Februrary time frame.
    I still predict it would've taken a while to get the offense going. As has been the case in the first year of every place Leach has been.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I still predict it would've taken a while to get the offense going. As has been the case in the first year of every place Leach has been.
    I can definitely agree with that. All I'm saying is that it wouldn't have looked as putrid as it did against UK and Arky if we would have had a spring and summer. And that, along with our D, may have made a difference against NC State.

vCash
    A bigger factor is # 3 never setting foot on the field. Will would have had a full spring and started day 1. If Will had played from the start we might have won 2 more games this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    I can definitely agree with that. All I'm saying is that it wouldn't have looked as putrid as it did against UK and Arky if we would have had a spring and summer. And that, along with our D, may have made a difference against NC State.
    Yeah, I can agree with that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberBeast View Post
    It?s amazing. And LSU would have killed us if they played different defensively.
    You mean like they played against OM Saturday?