Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7-4

Banned
    vCash

7-4

That would be our record right now without the covid all sec schedule. Trust the process. The more non team players Leach gets rid of the better we are getting. His offense is getting its footing. Look at everywhere he?s been. First two years are rough. After that, it gets rolling. Relax and enjoy the ride. Btw, we have so many freshmen contributing it?s insane. We are gonna be legit as the years rolls!! #HailState #HailPirate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    That would be our record right now without the covid all sec schedule. Trust the process. The more non team players Leach gets rid of the better we are getting. His offense is getting its footing. Look at everywhere he?s been. First two years are rough. After that, it gets rolling. Relax and enjoy the ride. Btw, we have so many freshmen contributing it?s insane. We are gonna be legit as the years rolls!! #HailState #HailPirate
    I totally agree!!

vCash
    I think we get going on offense next year. Too many flashes this year to not put it together next year
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Based on his track record I don't see why some of our fans aren't being patient. It's not like he took over MSU 2018.

vCash
    Good perspective. I don't believe Leach is ever going to have us winning 9-10 consistently but think he'll get us back to Dan. Disciplined team that wins 7-8 ever year with a .500 SEC record and maybe a shot at 2nd in the west every 3 years. Really best you can hope for at State with how the NCAA and CFB is set up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I think we get going on offense next year. Too many flashes this year to not put it together next year
    I think with the guys we are bringing in like Abraham and the JUCO linemen we'll have a lot more competition and the culture is now in place.

A little more concerned about defense and replacing people and finding pieces there to be honest. We still have time and spots in the class to use on transfers with the portal.

vCash
    He didn't inherit the 85 bears***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    Good perspective. I don't believe Leach is ever going to have us winning 9-10 consistently but think he'll get us back to Dan. Disciplined team that wins 7-8 ever year with a .500 SEC record and maybe a shot at 2nd in the west every 3 years. Really best you can hope for at State with how the NCAA and CFB is set up
    I think we will get back to where we were under Dan but with more upsets which would put us in the 9-10 range essentially.

I think the culture was starting to deteriorate under Dan- I mean he lost a game this year because a guy threw a shoe. You think that happens under a disciplinarian? Recruiting suffered. It all happen because Dan wanted out around 2015. Joe put it over the top.

vCash
    What are you basing this on? We've only beat 2 teams that were on our original schedule, mizzou and LSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    What are you basing this on? We've only beat 2 teams that were on our original schedule, mizzou and LSU
    Arkansas is probably a team we beat 7-8 times out of 10 at home, especially with a Spring practice under our belt. We were fairly unlucky to lose it even as is. Add in at least 3 non-conference wins, probably 4 with NC State, and that gets us to 7-5 (3-5).

For that matter, holding a team to 157 yards means you almost always win, so it's easy to see a lot of scenarios of us beating Kentucky. I believe that one was originally scheduled for November.

vCash
    NC State was no gimme

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    NC State was no gimme
    No, but neither were Missouri and LSU, or even Vanderbilt, as we found out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    It?s amazing. And LSU would have killed us if they played different defensively.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberBeast View Post
    It?s amazing. And LSU would have killed us if they played different defensively.
    Can't you say that about every game ever played? "The losing team could have won if they'd just played differently!"

vCash
    We would've lost to NC State. That game was early. It took us 6 games to get the offense going (aside from the LSU game)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think we will get back to where we were under Dan but with more upsets which would put us in the 9-10 range essentially.

I think the culture was starting to deteriorate under Dan- I mean he lost a game this year because a guy threw a shoe. You think that happens under a disciplinarian? Recruiting suffered. It all happen because Dan wanted out around 2015. Joe put it over the top.
    Yeah I do. At the end of the day an 18 year old caught up in the emotion of a great play in a big game can do something stupid. Don?t think that?s on Dan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    NC State was no gimme
    We would not have won that game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

I don't think we do. We did it under Dan with out a gimmick offense. WE did it as a legit SEC team. We hired a gimmick. We ARE a gimmick now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Can't you say that about every game ever played? "The losing team could have won if they'd just played differently!"
    Probably so, good job on the steal. Reminds me of an ole miss fan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I don't think we do. We did it under Dan with out a gimmick offense. WE did it as a legit SEC team. We hired a gimmick. We ARE a gimmick now.
    I don't think so. Sounds like we hired a coach that you don't like and will never like. Once he gets his guys we will be a legit SEC team.