Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have a feeling Mullen is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Who has slowed Bama down this year?
    If i remember the DOGS held them to 35 till last couple of minutes in the game.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    If i remember the DOGS held them to 35 till last couple of minutes in the game.....
    They only broke 35 because of a pick six. The offense didn't score.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    I will say, I think Tom Osborne was the best coach because he won titles with not the best players, but Saban, Dabo and Meyer would still be in the top 7 in regards to coaching too. Meyer didn?t have top talent at Utah and has great teams. Saban had to rebuild LSU
    Tom Osborn DID have great players for the time.....epecially RB.....Off and Def Lineman..........but maybe I just don’t remember very well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    I will say, I think Tom Osborne was the best coach because he won titles with not the best players, but Saban, Dabo and Meyer would still be in the top 7 in regards to coaching too. Meyer didn?t have top talent at Utah and has great teams. Saban had to rebuild LSU
    huh? 'Braska was LOOOOOOOOOOOOADED (talent-wise) when Osborne was there....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    huh? 'Braska was LOOOOOOOOOOOOADED (talent-wise) when Osborne was there....
    Yeah they were. Their ols and dls were full of nfl talent and they were loaded with speed players at skill positions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbone View Post
    I've often wondered how good Saban, Meyer and Dabo would be without the best players in college football.
    IMO ... Leach (historically) and Mullen are 2 best coaches that do the most with the least. Saban just outrecruits everyone and when that don't work ... boosters pay off the refs **

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Well we know what Saban did at Michigan St, and other than his last year their, he was very very average.
    When he took over at Michigan State, they were dealing with NCAA sanctions/on probation, and he took them to the Orange Bowl in what, year 4 or so? He did a really good job there.....definitely better than average.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwolf View Post
    When he took over at Michigan State, they were dealing with NCAA sanctions/on probation, and he took them to the Orange Bowl in what, year 4 or so? He did a really good job there.....definitely better than average.
    Eh. They were a 5-6 win team prior to Saban and he stayed the same until his final year. It was a good year, they went to the Citrus Bowl his 5th year, but if he had stayed around 6 wins that year Michigan State was looking to make a change. They were not sold on him long term. The sanctions came down after he had coached a season although they had already self imposed some of it his first year. 4 years probation and 9 scholarships in total lost (they had already self imposed 2 scholarships prior so they had to deal with just 7 lost). They received no postseason or television ban. Dantonio had much much better success than Saban ever did at Michigan State, and it was 7 years after Saban left when he took over a program in worse shape.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 12-20-2020 at 06:26 PM.

vCash
    Mullen is a three-four guy. Last two DC's run 3-4.