Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a feeling Mullen is

vCash

I have a feeling Mullen is

Going to be DC shopping after this game. Florida has shown no signs of slowing Alabama down.

vCash
    You're right. Their DC is killing them. Grantham just gave up a score running a prevent defense.

vCash
    Who has slowed Bama down this year?

vCash
    They better not send Loafers sniffing around Starkville!

vCash
    Bad clock management cost mullen again. He always refused to run the clock and it bit him in the ass. That was great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberBeast View Post
    Bad clock management cost mullen again. He always refused to run the clock and it bit him in the ass. That was great.
    Yeah, I don’t think he has ever taken the clock into consideration. It used to stand out to me when he was at State.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    Yeah, I don’t think he has ever taken the clock into consideration. It used to stand out to me when he was at State.
    Did you hear his response to the question about it? Basically confirms your theory that he does not consider the time.

vCash
    Ole Dan cost a game at Kentucky in 2016 with his clock management!

vCash
    Mullen is a good coach, but he has flaws. I will always respect what he did for State and he will have Florida tops in the East most years but l can?t see him winning anything while Saban is there. He is not Meyer Saban or Dabo level good

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Mullen is a good coach, but he has flaws. I will always respect what he did for State and he will have Florida tops in the East most years but l can?t see him winning anything while Saban is there. He is not Meyer Saban or Dabo level good
    I've often wondered how good Saban, Meyer and Dabo would be without the best players in college football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbone View Post
    I've often wondered how good Saban, Meyer and Dabo would be without the best players in college football.
    Good enough. That?s for certain

vCash
    Well we will never know, because as long as Dabo and Nick are coaching they will have the best players. Oh i O is right there with them. Then it drops off a little then a lot.

vCash
    Well we know what Saban did at Michigan St, and other than his last year their, he was very very average.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    They better not send Loafers sniffing around Starkville!
    Derek Mason
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I will say, I think Tom Osborne was the best coach because he won titles with not the best players, but Saban, Dabo and Meyer would still be in the top 7 in regards to coaching too. Meyer didn?t have top talent at Utah and has great teams. Saban had to rebuild LSU

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Well we know what Saban did at Michigan St, and other than his last year their, he was very very average.
    Exactly. Meyer was good, because he had Mullen. Mullen doesn't have a Mullen working all the offense for him. Give him 3 more years, he will get UF in the playoffs. Saban will be gone too. Mark it.

Edited to add, Saban is getting old.
    Last edited by Lord McBuckethead; 12-19-2020 at 11:17 PM.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Holy crap. Called a holding on bama.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Saban in the NFL proves he is a good coach but only great when he has the best players. Recruiting is as important as anything else in college. I will say Saban and Dabo have a way of having great players come together as a team. Not all recruiters can do that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Saban in the NFL proves he is a good coach but only great when he has the best players. Recruiting is as important as anything else in college. I will say Saban and Dabo have a way of having great players come together as a team. Not all recruiters can do that.
    Agreed. Nothing works to become great, unless you can get all 85 buying in to a common work standard and goal.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Saban gave access to a writer who wrote a book on him; this conversation w/ the AD on the flight from Miami to Tuscaloosa:

Saban: Do you think you hired a great football coach?

AD: Yes.

Saban: No, you didn’t; you hired a great recruiter.