Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So JoVester leaves the SEC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Doesn't speak well of our players IMO to have coaches successful other places and not here.
    Or maybe this is a different league with a different set of challenges and you have to adjust.

vCash
    There also isn?t a ?check with me? BS every single play. Line up and go.

JOMO is/was decent offensive coach. Needs elite playmakers for his schemes to work. He is a people pleaser at heart, and that?s to his detriment as a head coach.

vCash
    Oregon actually underachieved this year. They lost to their rival and were projected a top 10 team. I wouldn?t really call that successful

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sscjr1 View Post
    Maybe because they play in the Pac 12, where they finished 4-2
    And look how Leachs O did/ I was talking to this OM Players dad a few years ago. He told me that once when they played a Midwest Cornfed team that an opposing players dad told him that they had never seen such speed as they had with OMs Defense. That's the difference between the defenses in the country.

vCash
    Just curious, because I?m seeing a common theme in this thread, what offense is consistently better with inferior talent?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sack07 View Post
    Just curious, because I?m seeing a common theme in this thread, what offense is consistently better with inferior talent?
    Northwestern's

Gotta play smart
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Or maybe this is a different league with a different set of challenges and you have to adjust.
    So there are no SEC teams running Air Raid concepts in the SEC right now? And yet everyone else makes it work but it's "the SEC".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    They had 243 yards. I'd hardly call that working!!!
    And their Oline was controlling the LOS. I thought there system was shit.

vCash
    I don't know that anyone ever said JoMo's offense can't work when he has a good passing QB with competent WRs. I mean it worked in the Big 10 which is a pretty good league. Unfortunately, Mullen didn't leave him with those components at MSU and he was too stubborn to adjust to a run based offense. However, all that said, JoMo is always going to be more successful when he is not the one setting the culture of the program. Players will never have respect for a HC that provides no discipline and work ethic. They may like him but they will never respect him.
    Last edited by maroonmania; 12-19-2020 at 03:44 PM.

vCash
    Maybe Mario Cristobal (Saban protege) as HC = Discipline/fitness/toughness.

JoMo doesn't have to worry about those aspects ... just has to call plays and focus on offense. Might make a difference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Maybe Mario Cristobal (Saban protege) as HC = Discipline/fitness/toughness.

JoMo doesn't have to worry about those aspects ... just has to call plays and focus on offense. Might make a difference.
    Shhhhh mustn't let context get in the way of smart guy agendas.