That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Op4isabitch View Post
    Signed 1A and 1B.
    Yea because we all remember that 1B OL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Yea because we all remember that 1B OL
    Yeah that 1A/1B stuff was a Geoff Collins creation for the defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah that 1A/1B stuff was a Geoff Collins creation for the defense.
    Everyone rotates DL, I don't really understand the hatred for that. OL doesn't rotate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Everyone rotates DL, I don't really understand the hatred for that. OL doesn't rotate.
    I believe it's because Collins rotated the whole front 7 not just the dl. We had to many backups on the field together at one time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I believe it's because Collins rotated the whole front 7 not just the dl. We had to many backups on the field together at one time.
    This is the right answer

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    A little OT, but What's the deal with Bumphis? I know, I know but Bo Bounds is putting out that MSU offered him the RB coach and he turned us down. Peeler is already at Mizzou. Are we going to hire from within and not get a recruiter with MSU/Mississippi ties?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    A little OT, but What's the deal with Bumphis? I know, I know but Bo Bounds is putting out that MSU offered him the RB coach and he turned us down. Peeler is already at Mizzou. Are we going to hire from within and not get a recruiter with MSU/Mississippi ties?
    what would Bumphis know about running backs ? I'm not sure I'm seeing this correctly
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Hiring within. Really, already promoted someone. They've been on the road recruiting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Hiring within. Really, already promoted someone. They've been on the road recruiting.
    Did we even interview, or were we just lazy? Hope the'guy can recruit but the system should be able to recruit recievers.

vCash
    Looks like RJ Moss was dropped.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Maybe there is more to the story with Moss, but the optics are not good to drop a guy this late.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Looks like RJ Moss was dropped.
    Pretty shitty move 5 days before signing day. Especially considering we were ready to host him on an OV a day or two ago, and he's probably going to end up qualifying. You can't pull a move like this with an in-state kid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Pretty shitty move 5 days before signing day. Especially considering we were ready to host him on an OV a day or two ago, and he's probably going to end up qualifying. You can't pull a move like this with an in-state kid.
    The optics are not good, but he was told before then not to come.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    The optics are bad for sure ..

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    I'm sure the clarion ledger will be all over it.

vCash
    There has to be more to the story. It makes zero sense that the staff suddenly came to this conclusion five days before signing day and executed swiftly. All their evaluations on him were in in December; why not drop him prior to the first signing day if you thought he was a borderline player and had reason not to take his signature at that point?

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    Maybe there is more to the story with Moss, but the optics are not good to drop a guy this late.
    Somebody please DM me what happened here. I can?t believe we dropped that kid - at this late in the process - AND AT A POSITION OF NEED, with an instate kid that showed out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    There has to be more to the story. It makes zero sense that the staff suddenly came to this conclusion five days before signing day and executed swiftly. All their evaluations on him were in in December; why not drop him prior to the first signing day if you thought he was a borderline player and had reason not to take his signature at that point?
    A few false narratives that are being spread.
    1. That he is on track to qualify.
    2. That he and his family were caught off guard by this.

It is possible he can qualify but he is definitely not ?on track?. It is a looooooong shot. The staff did not lie to him. In fact they have consistently and openly encouraged him and his family to look at other schools. This did not blindside them. They knew this was a possibility and took the news much better than MSU message board posters did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboydawg View Post

It is possible he can qualify but he is definitely not ?on track?. It is a looooooong shot. The staff did not lie to him. In fact they have consistently and openly encouraged him and his family to look at other schools. This did not blindside them. They knew this was a possibility and took the news much better than MSU message board posters did.
    Thanks for the update.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboydawg View Post

This isn't what people in Biloxi are saying.