Page 71 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 2051

Thread: 2022 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Just don't blame the coaches fellas. They're getting them on campus. Either way we'll get whom we're supposed to get.
    Apparently a good visit to Starkville wears off within 24 hrs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    The OT from FIU has like 30 Power 5 offers. I don't know his name, but I thought we had a shot and then I'm seeing Ohio State and half the SEC and Big 10 offer the kid, so I'm not liking our chances. It seems like offensive lineman that can play in the SEC will be at an extreme premium.
    How did FIU get such a fine OT that everybody wants ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman15 View Post
    In previous years on the first page of the recruiting thread there was a list that was edited full of our commits with links to their profiles. Would it be possible to go back to that format for future recruiting threads?
    I did it maybe one or two years... took up a LOT of time trying to keep it updated. The person who starts the thread can edit the post.

vCash
    Why do y'all get worked up over a bunch of 18 year old kids?

I'd love to be nailing down top 15 classes every year but it's not going to happen for a myriad of reasons. Maybe, just maybe, if we get our heads out of our asses on the NIL deals we might have a reasonable shot at a top 15 class every few years but I'm not holding my breath.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Apparently a good visit to Starkville wears off within 24 hrs.
    Lol, indeed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Why do y'all get worked up over a bunch of 18 year old kids?

I'd love to be nailing down top 15 classes every year but it's not going to happen for a myriad of reasons. Maybe, just maybe, if we get our heads out of our asses on the NIL deals we might have a reasonable shot at a top 15 class every few years but I'm not holding my breath.
    probably b/c the success or lack of is a direct result of how well you recruit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    These coaches are herding cats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    These coaches are herding cats.
    ...and being extremely well compensated for it. So heard away MF'rs
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Yeah - if you can't complain about recruiting, you should never be allowed to complain during games. People bitch about a 4th down call in one game. Each recruiting cycle can affect dozens of games.
    Last edited by HancockCountyDog; 12-13-2021 at 05:54 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Yeah - if you can't complain about recruiting, you should never be allowed to complain during games. People bitch about a 4th down call in one game. Each recruiting cycle can affect dozens of games.
    Years ago, I read a piece from Bobby Bowden where he said FSU's demise during the last of his tenure was, he thought, his obsession with recruiting stars. I think he meant he didn't evaluate on his own enough and relied on the gurus.

I still think Leach will get the best class he has had in his carreer in 2022.

vCash
    AJ Allen- how do we look for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    AJ Allen- how do we look for him.
    Reposting:
    Ho Hum
    Blanton pusses out because he's scared to fight for a spot. Imagine that! I tried to tell you he wasn't a big loss before. I'd take his stars but he's no difference maker.
    Warned you, it's going to be fun til Feb. Just hang on. Don't get caught up in the BS and ebb and flow. Still got a shot to be around top 25. Still another surprise waiting.
    Never get caught up in the overselling of things either. Sometimes you've got to simply use common sense (I know that's tough for a couple people)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Reposting:
    Ho Hum
    Blanton pusses out because he's scared to fight for a spot. Imagine that! I tried to tell you he wasn't a big loss before. I'd take his stars but he's no difference maker.
    Warned you, it's going to be fun til Feb. Just hang on. Don't get caught up in the BS and ebb and flow. Still got a shot to be around top 25. Still another surprise waiting.
    Never get caught up in the overselling of things either. Sometimes you've got to simply use common sense (I know that's tough for a couple people)
    The difference in being ranked 35th or 25th is a few emails from Paul and Steve to the guy above them. I look at who we are recruiting hard and are we signing them. I look at other offers. I used to look at film and talk to coaches. I don't do that much anymore. Now I look for opinons from posters I trust like IYOK but he's gone AWOL.

vCash
    I believe Blanton was told to get in or get out by both in state schools and they didnt like it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Guys, don't make sad excuses. We got beat. Don't talk down on his abilities because you weren't doing that when we thought we were getting him. Sounds like sour grapes.

Move on.
    Any kid that plays in that league should be the absolute best player on the field and I did not see that in the two games I watched. That team from Tennessee skull dragged them I think the WR was better for them than he was. I am still surprised he is not coming here, but anyone who commits to one school for a sport then to another for a different one you know something aint right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcat91 View Post
    It may be, but it is well understood that Kiffin has pissed off a large number of coaches in this state by his recruiting antics and flat out treating HC like crap. It catches up with you. Take a look at how many kids from Mississippi are going there. It will make a difference at some point and this is starting to get out in public.
    Well in this case our staff read him the riot act too. We didnt ghost him but Leach is not going to play the games. Its why Strong went to LSU last year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Well in this case our staff read him the riot act too. We didnt ghost him but Leach is not going to play the games. Its why Strong went to LSU last year
    That can't be true Robbie Faulk said the staff would crawl to the fax machine to accept Blanton's commitment.*
    Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 12-13-2021 at 09:06 PM.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    I guess I'm now expecting pain and suffering like usual on Wednesday.

Rogers doesn't seem to be happening, Lewis and Nicholson seem to be in doubt, and Williams is going to hear a lot from OM during this dead period.

Doubt Wednesday goes well unless someone has some info that is contrary to the rumor mill and what normally happens on an MSU signing day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Any kid that plays in that league should be the absolute best player on the field and I did not see that in the two games I watched. That team from Tennessee skull dragged them I think the WR was better for them than he was. I am still surprised he is not coming here, but anyone who commits to one school for a sport then to another for a different one you know something aint right.
    I told y'all two weeks ago that I watched every game he played this year. Most upside on the team no doubt, but he was not the most productive player on defense.

vCash
    Now that the ship has sailed on Blanton do we go after Zy Ford? He's smaller but looks faster than Blanton, at least on film. I saw him early in the year and wasn't awed by him but from what I've read he's got a blue collar mentality and that's the kind that have traditionally thrived at MSU. Any chance we go after him now?
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)