Page 70 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 2051

Thread: 2022 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

vCash
    With Janari Dean in the portal. What situation does that put us in with guys like Rogers, Nicholson, etc

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck3124 View Post
    With Janari Dean in the portal. What situation does that put us in with guys like Rogers, Nicholson, etc
    Dean was a Safety that wants to play RB. Those guys are CBS.

We ain't getting Rogers.

Nicholson is probably still a toss up even though we're looking better.

Need to land Marcus Banks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Dean was a Safety that wants to play RB. Those guys are CBS.

We ain't getting Rogers.

Nicholson is probably still a toss up even though we're looking better.

Need to land Marcus Banks.
    apparently Banks to Miami.

vCash
    Sounds like the excitement was short lived. Looking like our typical end of cycle crash and burn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Haha damn. McBath is so bad at this.

Miami is going to beat us for 2 kids at CB. With a new coaching staff that hasn't even been there for 2 weeks.

Blanton- miss
    Oatis- miss
    Rogers- miss
    Banks- miss
    Desmond Williams (ECCC CB)- miss
    Z. Harris - miss
    Ajay Allen - likely miss

We're pretty much banking on Trevion Williams and Percy Lewis to save us. Nicholson is a must get now. You miss on him, and some serious questions need to be asked regarding McBath and CB recruiting.
    Last edited by KOdawg1; 12-13-2021 at 12:57 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Sounds like the excitement was short lived. Looking like our typical end of cycle crash and burn
    We do this to ourselves every year, lol.

vCash
    That sucks, was hearing things were trending in our direction;

vCash
    Cristobal is known as one of the best recruiters in the country.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Haha damn. McBath is so bad at this.

Miami is going to beat us for 2 kids at CB. With a new coaching staff that hasn't even been there for 2 weeks.

Blanton- miss
    Oatis- miss
    Rogers- miss
    Banks- miss
    Desmond Williams (ECCC CB)- miss
    Z. Harris - miss
    Ajay Allen - likely miss

We're pretty much banking on Trevion Williams and Percy Lewis to save us. Nicholson is a must get now. You miss on him, and some serious questions need to be asked regarding McBath and CB recruiting.
    Trevion williams, Lewis, Ramsey, Nicholson, and dinkins.

vCash
    So no pissing our pants anymore? Well I guess that’s a silver lining in itself

vCash
    Just because a beat writer from Miami is pushing the narrative on Banks to the canes let’s all not over react .. he may go there but he and his fam just left Starkville less than 24 hours ago..
    and according to my source ( who is a coach on staff ) it went good and we like our chances,,

vCash
    In previous years on the first page of the recruiting thread there was a list that was edited full of our commits with links to their profiles. Would it be possible to go back to that format for future recruiting threads?

vCash
    I dont get quite as worked up about recruiting as I used to. Its such a crapshoot for us. One of our best classes was 2015 or 2016 that was ranked in the top 18. That class ended up having a lot of duds and no real game changers.
    And the 2011 class that ended up in the 40s produced some monsters like Dak and Preston Smith.
    That being said I would much rather be in the top 20 every year but at the same time theres no telling with these kids.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    I dont get quite as worked up about recruiting as I used to. Its such a crapshoot for us. One of our best classes was 2015 or 2016 that was ranked in the top 18. That class ended up having a lot of duds and no real game changers.
    And the 2011 class that ended up in the 40s produced some monsters like Dak and Preston Smith.
    That being said I would much rather be in the top 20 every year but at the same time theres no telling with these kids.
    I think you definitely have to focus on the class as a whole rather than one or two specific guys that you may or may not have gotten. Like you mentioned though, even one year's specific class ranking can be deceiving. That 2011 class was super underrated in hindsight, whereas our highest ranked class in recent years (2015) was pretty overrated in hindsight with blue chip guys like Lewis, Peters, and Dear having pretty unremarkable careers.

I think in general the best indicator is your average class ranking over a period of a few years. We sign a lot of borderline Top 25 classes, we have a lot of borderline Top 25 teams, makes sense. Some years you may exceed your average recruiting ranking, some years you may fall short of it, and the same goes for on the field results. One class isn't going to make or break your program 99% of the time. It's more about stacking several good classes in a row. And most time you can't tell if a class is "good" or not for 2-3 years down the road.

vCash
    I know it is shortsighted on my part, but my focus is on a Transfer CB, OT, and WR.

We have a shot to win 9-10 games next fall if we can hit on those spots in the portal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    I suspect that this will be the highest ranked class Leach has ever had. He did have the 28th class in 2006 at Texas Tech. His greatest team was 2008 which was preceded by classes ranked 39, 38, 28 and 32.

vCash
    Just don't blame the coaches fellas. They're getting them on campus. Either way we'll get whom we're supposed to get.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I know it is shortsighted on my part, but my focus is on a Transfer CB, OT, and WR.

We have a shot to win 9-10 games next fall if we can hit on those spots in the portal.
    A transfer CB is an absolute must. We only have 1 starting CB on the roster. Transfer OT's are tough to find b/c schools aren't going to let a good one hit the portal. WR is a luxury, but I would like the kid that visited from FIU. Need to find a kicker. I wish we had more speed at Safety and LB as well.

vCash
    A transfer CB is an absolute must. We only have 1 starting CB on the roster. Transfer OT's are tough to find b/c schools aren't going to let a good one hit the portal. WR is a luxury, but I would like the kid that visited from FIU. Need to find a kicker. I wish we had more speed at Safety and LB as well.
    The OT from FIU has like 30 Power 5 offers. I don't know his name, but I thought we had a shot and then I'm seeing Ohio State and half the SEC and Big 10 offer the kid, so I'm not liking our chances. It seems like offensive lineman that can play in the SEC will be at an extreme premium.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    The OT from FIU has like 30 Power 5 offers. I don't know his name, but I thought we had a shot and then I'm seeing Ohio State and half the SEC and Big 10 offer the kid, so I'm not liking our chances. It seems like offensive lineman that can play in the SEC will be at an extreme premium.
    He's not talking about him, he's talking about the WR from FIU.

The OT is most definitely going somewhere else.