Page 69 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 2051

Thread: 2022 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

vCash
    Don?t shoot the messenger but I was told by someone who works with the recruiting stuff we should end with a top 15 class we shall see come Wednesday fingers crossed here

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    [QUOTE=Cowboydawg;1394339]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Nobody wants to hear this because it isn’t true. He’s not going to destroy the program or anything by not coming but you have really bad information if anyone is telling you we don’t want to sign him.[/QUOTE

I posted this weeks ago but your sources on the staff may be better than mine.
    You posting it weeks ago doesn’t make it any less accurate.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Jarius;1394359]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboydawg View Post

You posting it weeks ago doesn’t make it any less accurate.
    He?s a good football player. Still on the board, just not the priority our fans think he should be since he has 4 stars.

vCash
    And papa Blanton needs to tell son Blanton to stay the **** off twitter. How embarrassing even if it’s negative towards OM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    i think I said this on Blanton a few moths ago, if not on here it was talked about on a text chain with some posters.

We really needed to win the recruiting battle over OM for Blanton for one reason.. to win the PR . That?s it

Now if or when he signs with the Cocks it isn?t upsetting in the least. Would still love him to chose us on Wednesday ( if we send papers)
    If not best of luck to the kid in Columbia.
    To add odds are we won?t here the name Stone Blanton very much over the next 4-5 years unless he hits the portal or sticks to the diamond full time..

And on another note, I was 100% wrong.. we should offer the Ford kid from East Webster IF we have a spot open..
    he may never be a SEC LB but I have heard from some coaches that he?s is a throw back football player.. I like shit like that
    This is a good post.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Leach don't mess around if you piss him off.
    This

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    And papa Blanton needs to tell son Blanton to stay the **** off twitter. How embarrassing even if it’s negative towards OM
    It may be, but it is well understood that Kiffin has pissed off a large number of coaches in this state by his recruiting antics and flat out treating HC like crap. It catches up with you. Take a look at how many kids from Mississippi are going there. It will make a difference at some point and this is starting to get out in public.

vCash
    Ho Hum
    Blanton pusses out because he's scared to fight for a spot. Imagine that! I tried to tell you he wasn't a big loss before. I'd take his stars but he's no difference maker.
    Warned you, it's going to be fun til Feb. Just hang on. Don't get caught up in the BS and ebb and flow. Still got a shot to be around top 25. Still another surprise waiting.
    Never get caught up in the overselling of things either. Sometimes you've got to simply use common sense (I know that's tough for a couple people).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Ho Hum
    Blanton pusses out because he's scared to fight for a spot. Imagine that! I tried to tell you he wasn't a big loss before. I'd take his stars but he's no difference maker.
    Warned you, it's going to be fun til Feb. Just hang on. Don't get caught up in the BS and ebb and flow. Still got a shot to be around top 25. Still another surprise waiting.
    Never get caught up in the overselling of things either. Sometimes you've got to simply use common sense (I know that's tough for a couple people).
    Stone better think long about playing big boy football and if he really wants to or not. If I were good in baseball I dont know if I'd want to risk injury and screw that up.

vCash
    IMO, I think baseball is the motivating factor here. My son played on the same summer baseball EC Sox team. Stone was very excited to get the baseball offer from state. That was the 16U team.
    Now, here we are, post NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP season with baseball recruiting on a different level.

Idk what South Carolina is telling the Blantons regarding baseball, but I believe they must feel like there's a better chance to get on the diamond there.

Again, this is just imho. Based on being around the Blantons that summer.

Ho Hum

vCash
    From the football side Stone always seemed like Cumbest 2.0 to me. Good enough to play both but not good enough to earn lots of PT at either while splitting time.

I have no idea what will happen in the next 3 years. I really thought he was coming to State and wanted him but it?s really tough to do 2 sports in the SEC.

And several that have better sources seem to think baseball is the first love.

vCash
    Here's the truth about coaches "promising" a recruit/any recruit playing time. If they "promise" that, it's coach speak and they're lying and said recruit should think long and hard about playing for a liar. That's what I appreciate about Leach, he's not a liar. Not a single coach in the SEC is going to start a kid or give him significant playing time unless he's good enough.
    Last edited by Saltydog; 12-13-2021 at 09:41 AM.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    To be honest I mainly wanted Stone for the rankings boost. But on a positive note I am very excited about Zavion. All my LSU coworkers are pissed that LSU didnt offer and they tell me we got the steal of the class with him.

vCash
    Ho Hum
    So no need to pay attention to posts with ... . Got it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    So no need to pay attention to posts with ... . Got it!
    Just the ones with two it appears

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Here's the truth about coaches "promising" a recruit/any recruit playing time. If they "promise" that, it's coach speak and they're lying and said recruit should think long and hard about playing for a liar. That's what I appreciate about Leach, he's not a liar. Not a single coach in the SEC is going to start a kid or give him significant playing time unless he's good enough.
    Lying to a kid like that creates a lot of Ricos who think their time is always now. It will keep the portal hopping for many years to come.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    This exactly and apparently Blanton wants promises.

vCash
    Janari Dean enters portal. That sucks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Had high hopes for him. Probably for the best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Not surprised. He hasn?t contributed really -due to injuries I suppose- can?t afford to keep guys around anymore.