Page 68 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 2051

Thread: 2022 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

vCash
    If he wants to get on the field faster and would rather leave the state of MS and go to South Carolina to do it, then I'm not sure what else to say.

I think that's a terribly short sighted and misinformed decision.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboydawg View Post
    Nobody wants to hear or believe this but South Carolina was the only papers he was going to receive Wednesday. No papers from MSU and no papers from OM. I know he is a ?4 star? from Madison, MS so that is hard to believe. He was a big recruit for Lemonis that Leach could?ve closed and there was a lot of pressure to make that happen. Good football player but we have the linebackers that we want. The melt over this is way overblown.
    Nobody wants to hear this because it isn’t true. He’s not going to destroy the program or anything by not coming but you have really bad information if anyone is telling you we don’t want to sign him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcat91 View Post
    It was hinted that Stone is making his choice based on the ability to get on the field. Apparently SC promised quick playing time. Like Rico in the Fansville commercial, Stone's time is now.
    Yeah this is what I heard as well.

vCash
    Nobody wants to hear or believe this but South Carolina was the only papers he was going to receive Wednesday. No papers from MSU and no papers from OM. I know he is a ?4 star? from Madison, MS so that is hard to believe. He was a big recruit for Lemonis that Leach could?ve closed and there was a lot of pressure to make that happen. Good football player but we have the linebackers that we want. The melt over this is way overblown.
    I guess we will never know the true story. This is clearly a trust the coaches moment. People are saying we didn't drop him, but this post suggests we did. If we weren't sending him papers Wednesday, that means we dropped him, which makes the SC landing make sense, especially if the bears dropped him as well, which now it appears clearly happened based on his brother's posts.

Moving on...........

vCash
    Guys, don't make sad excuses. We got beat. Don't talk down on his abilities because you weren't doing that when we thought we were getting him. Sounds like sour grapes.

Move on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    If he wants to get on the field faster and would rather leave the state of MS and go to South Carolina to do it, then I'm not sure what else to say.

I think that's a terribly short sighted and misinformed decision.
    Seemed like it to me too. Leach has always said the best will play and I believe that when Walley didn't start. Leach saw something he didn't like and was trying to get his attention I believe. I love that in a coach. Hold people accountable so there will be no bad apples. All that to say, I don't believe Leach promises playing time.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Jarius;1394332]Nobody wants to hear this because it isn’t true. He’s not going to destroy the program or anything by not coming but you have really bad information if anyone is telling you we don’t want to sign him.[/QUOTE

I posted this weeks ago but your sources on the staff may be better than mine.

vCash
    I posted this weeks ago but your sources on the staff may be better than mine.
    I don't have any sources, but why was Arnett in his house a couple of days ago? Why waste the time?

vCash
    So does this mean we have 3 LBs already locked up and wouldn't promise him playing time? I also feel like promising a kid playing is just lying to them. He may suck in practice his whole freshman year and then going to be pissed because he can't get on the field like "promised" and then be mad he didn't go to State. I know recruiting is telling a kid what they want to hear sometimes, like "sure you can try this position first but if it doesn't work out we may need you here." Just seems like Stone is making a rash decision here at the end. Oh well, like I said, hope we already got 3 locked up!

vCash
    Well, we will soon see who fills his spot on signing day. Then the mystery of which side decided to move on will be solved. Either way isn't it about time to move on to the next emergency?
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DCdawg View Post
    I don't have any sources, but why was Arnett in his house a couple of days ago? Why waste the time?
    You know how many LB's Arnett visits?
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Maybe we were taking 3 or 4 LBs if he came. Maybe he didn't like that? Recruiting guys, how many backers did we want since Brule transferred? I thought 3.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    I have no idea, i just know that the last week of recruiting you don't waste time recruiting a kid if you intend to drop him 2-3 days later. At least that usually doesn't happen.

Its very odd.

vCash
    Well, we will soon see who fills his spot on signing day. Then the mystery of which side decided to move on will be solved. Either way isn't it about time to move on to the next emergency?
    Well let's hope one doesn't pop up!!! But 3 days in MSU recruiting might as well be 3 weeks! �� <<< smiley face

vCash
    Because you keep all your options open. Sledge and Bell were both higher on the Lb board. Looks like we missed on Bell because he wants to play wr but we got Sledge. And add in that Stone is a baseball commit?.

vCash
    Like I said, I don't have any sources. But it was less than a week before signing day and bowl practice was starting so I don't imagine Arnett is visiting many uncommitted LBs at this point.

vCash
    Stone is a very good player and good guy by all accounts. No need to trash a guy who isn't coming. Here's the deal with Stone. He liked the staff and playing situation at South Carolina better. It's simply that. We have 2 excellent LB in this class, one had an Oklahoma offer, and will probably add One more that may be better than the other two when he is finished. I hate to see Mississippi kids leave the State, but several are. I like where we are in this class. Also, Dinkins has blown up as a DL and is looking like he will sign this week. Bama is trying to get him to wait. I said Bama, but by all means keep on with the Po Ole State routine. It's tried and old.

vCash
    I'm optimistic and pumped. I believe we're going to be very happy Wednesday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    I'm optimistic and pumped. I believe we're going to be very happy Wednesday.
    It is going to be a strong finish. But nobody has a clue what Rogers is going to do.

vCash
    i think I said this on Blanton a few moths ago, if not on here it was talked about on a text chain with some posters.

We really needed to win the recruiting battle over OM for Blanton for one reason.. to win the PR . That’s it

Now if or when he signs with the Cocks it isn’t upsetting in the least. Would still love him to chose us on Wednesday ( if we send papers)
    If not best of luck to the kid in Columbia.
    To add , odds are we won’t hear the name Stone Blanton very much over the next 4-5 years unless he hits the portal or sticks to the diamond full time..

And on another note, I was 100% wrong.. we should offer the Ford kid from East Webster IF we have a spot open..
    he may never be a SEC LB but I have heard from some coaches that he’s is a throw back football player.. I like shit like that
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 12-12-2021 at 09:05 PM.