Page 67 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 2051

Thread: 2022 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I'm wondering if we are landing more kids than we thought and since he was out shopping, we did too and eventually we dropped him, he wants to stay in-state and tries to go back to the bears, and they don't respond.

This is the only scenario that makes sense to me based on how this recruitment has gone.
    He wants to be able to play both sports apparently. He won?t develop in neither IMO if that?s the case. Would love to have him but I don?t think it?s a huge loss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    A 6?2, 220 LB that runs a 4.88 40 doesn?t necessarily scream ?difference maker? to me. After watching him play against Oakland (TN), I wasn?t impressed. They lined up in the I and ran right at Blanton and he didn?t make very many plays.
    Yea his senior tape was not great. Especially early. Much better later when he had 21 tackles against public school Raleigh and against JA. In his defense, he was playing hurt coming off an off season shoulder injury the first 4-6 weeks.

vCash
    Where is TJ Dudley going now that the Oregon staff is gone? Three hours away, Montgomery to Starkville, is the perfect distance to go away to school, in my expert opinion.
    Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 12-12-2021 at 07:18 PM.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Three days from an MSU football recruiting close is like a tightly fought basketball game, and your team is the underdog.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Three days from an MSU football recruiting close is like a tightly fought basketball game, and your team is the underdog.
    To me it feels like you're the nerd at the school dance, and all the girls are showing you attention since you're the only guy there.....but all the football players are on their way, and you know how it's going to end when they arrive. The girls leave with them, and you end up with a swirly or stuffed in a locker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by STATEBALLIN View Post
    He wants to be able to play both sports apparently. He won?t develop in neither IMO if that?s the case. Would love to have him but I don?t think it?s a huge loss.
    Here is my question, did we drop him? If we did, it doesn't make sense because we went in-home with him last week.

I'm getting too old for some of this crap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    It is what it is.
    And it?s gonna be what it?s gonna be. If the kid doesn?t wanna be here, just move on. Only so much you can do.

vCash
    Here is my question, did we drop him? If we did, it doesn't make sense because we went in-home with him last week.

You have to recruit multiple guys up until all your targets have signed. "IF" there is a bigger fish out there we think we can land, and we don't land, everyone would be pissed if we didn't have backup plans. So, you have to do the work just in case. It's just how it is if you don't want to get left empty handed.
    Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 12-12-2021 at 07:29 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    To me it feels like you're the nerd at the school dance, and all the girls are showing you attention since you're the only guy there.....but all the football players are on their way, and you know how it's going to end when they arrive. The girls leave with them, and you end up with a swirly or stuffed in a locker.
    Spot f'ing on

vCash
    A 6?2, 220 LB that runs a 4.88 40 doesn?t necessarily scream ?difference maker? to me. After watching him play against Oakland (TN), I wasn?t impressed. They lined up in the I and ran right at Blanton and he didn?t make very many plays.
    I did not want to be the first guy but in the title game against hartfield I didnt see him do much then either. Maybe he was bored but I would like to have him

vCash
    And it?s gonna be what it?s gonna be. If the kid doesn?t wanna be here, just move on. Only so much you can do.
    Yep

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    You have to recruit multiple guys up until all your targets have signed. "IF" there is a bigger fish out there we think we can land, and we don't land, everyone would be pissed if we didn't have backup plans. So, you have to do the work just in case. It's just how it is if you don't want to get left empty handed.
    I'm with you. I'll just be surprised if we dropped him this late. If we did though, its his own fault. He flirted with the bears for too long and now he has to go play in Columbia instead of getting to play MSU in both football/baseball

vCash

We didn’t drop him. We want him. However, USC has him much higher on their recruiting wish list than we do. In both sports.

vCash
    Leach don't mess around if you piss him off.

vCash

I doubt it.

vCash
    One position I don't worry about at MSU is linebackers and running backs. For whatever reason we will always have them on the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Baby momma (future baby momma) in Kentucky?
    My thoughts too but don't want to speculate on stuff like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Leach don't mess around if you piss him off.
    I don't know if it applies to this situation, it very well may. But, if Leach doesn't get the answers he wants, in the timeline he wants, he has been known to cut bait.

vCash
    It was hinted that Stone is making his choice based on the ability to get on the field. Apparently SC promised quick playing time. Like Rico in the Fansville commercial, Stone's time is now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Nobody wants to hear or believe this but South Carolina was the only papers he was going to receive Wednesday. No papers from MSU and no papers from OM. I know he is a ?4 star? from Madison, MS so that is hard to believe. He was a big recruit for Lemonis that Leach could?ve closed and there was a lot of pressure to make that happen. Good football player but we have the linebackers that we want. The melt over this is way overblown.