Page 55 of 103 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 2051

Thread: 2022 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Whatever, fact is we had 7 or 8 names last week and thought we had a legit shot at all but one, Oatis. And thought we were in a solid second w and outside shot at him. We are looking at 4 at best out of those 7/8. If we get lewis I'll give you that one. But it's not a given at this point. Sorry reality sucks. I'm glad you see that db is a concern, Bc no juco db out of 3 is tragic. And if, and I'll hold out hope and say IF we lose Rogers it's and epic fail back there. Especially after last year.
    If we close on 4 of the 7 that is fantastic. Especially considering none of the 7 are committed to us.

Will need to address db in the portal even if we get Rodgers/Nicholson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    If we close on 4 of the 7 that is fantastic. Especially considering none of the 7 are committed to us.

Will need to address db in the portal even if we get Rodgers/Nicholson.
    Your fantastic and mine are two different things. But you have that right to your opinion. We all want the same thing.

vCash
    Williams
    Lewis
    Ramsey
    LaHue
    Blanton

There's five we good with

Rogers is really the only one we waiting big on, other than Nicholson who most doubt.

Looks pretty good. Then we wait on the portal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Why do we seem to be struggling at DB. I understand last year when staring at Emerson and Forbes, but there is certainly a spot there for the taking this year.
    I think the problem is we took about 7 early commits at Db and we only have 2 of those left. Nicholson and Thomas bolted (although we kind of knew it with Thomas) and then we dropped 3 guys who we didn?t like how they progressed this year.

When you have to drop 3 guys from a position that we?re long time commits it means you really missed on your projections and it probably took some time away from recruiting other guys.

Then we are simply getting beat out while we scramble around looking for replacements. I get the vibe that we felt pretty strong on Rogers and maybe another one that we?ve lost ground on because when we dropped those guys we haven?t heard any new names pop up

vCash
    Your fantastic and mine are two different things. But you have that right to your opinion. We all want the same thing.
    Agree. I'll admit I'm more positive generally, and o believe you are more negative. Nothing wrong with that.
    But what would you consider fantastic when it comes to those 7, getting 5? 6?

vCash
    Agree. I'll admit I'm more positive generally, and o believe you are more negative. Nothing wrong with that.
    I'm amazed at your positivity. This is a limp to the finish at best.

vCash
    When you lead on them all 7 is fantastic. 4 is a flop.... but that's me. And I'm not negative. But I get how people think that, I just shoot it straight. Im a realist.... but I don't wear maroon glasses that we do no wrong.

vCash
    When you lead on them all 7 is fantastic. 4 is a flop.... but that's me. And I'm not negative. But I get how people think that, I just shoot it straight. Im a realist.... but I don't wear maroon glasses that we do no wrong.
    I never thought we led on Rodgers, oatis, Nicholson, or Allen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I'm amazed at your positivity. This is a limp to the finish at best.
    Tell me how many mid P5 recruiters close on 5 of 8 uncommitted targets the caliber of guys like Williams, Blanton, and Lewis?

Now we need to hit the portal for 2 DB.

vCash
    Everything ive read and heard still seems like we are in a good position to close strong. What have yall heard to make you think we are about to flop?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    I think the problem is we took about 7 early commits at Db and we only have 2 of those left. Nicholson and Thomas bolted (although we kind of knew it with Thomas) and then we dropped 3 guys who we didn?t like how they progressed this year.

When you have to drop 3 guys from a position that we?re long time commits it means you really missed on your projections and it probably took some time away from recruiting other guys.

Then we are simply getting beat out while we scramble around looking for replacements. I get the vibe that we felt pretty strong on Rogers and maybe another one that we?ve lost ground on because when we dropped those guys we haven?t heard any new names pop up
    In that case:

1) Better evaluation needs to be done
    2) Better communication between the evaluators as the timeline draws out, and “the man on the street”, so to speak.

vCash
    Never led for all those. Not even in the game on a couple. I beat up our shitty way of recruiting, and lack of give a shit by our school (and boosters), but we're close to having a solid class. Couple pieces fall our way, we're ok. Couple fall out, well, same old same old.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Williams
    Lewis
    Ramsey
    LaHue
    Blanton

Rogers is really the only one we waiting big on, other than Nicholson who most doubt.

Still feeling good about Williams with him visiting Ole Miss this weekend?

vCash
    Williams
    Lewis
    Ramsey
    LaHue
    Blanton

We should definitely feel good bout those 5 and I will add one more that I think we are going to get. Amorion Walker.

As far as Rogers goes, he actually committed on his visit last weekend. But our staff knows that means nothing.

I think we end up getting Dinkins and our staff loves Chris Bell. It just depends how bad he wants to play receiver. He can flourish at receiver at Louisville. Most likely a linebacker here but I am sure they will give him a look at wr.

I don?t see a ?limp? to the finish line. When you are recruiting high level players, other teams are going to continue to recruit them to the finish line.

vCash
    I don't see a limp either. Some of the posters are always negative for a reason.

vCash
    I don't have feelings anyway. I used to get very into recruiting but with flips and drama my following has decreased dramatically

vCash
    Are we top 15? No
    Could we be with the right coaches/commitment? Occasionally
    But this class will be solid if we can get the last few pieces. And while I'll complain about some things, we almost always have a good plan when things don't go our way. That DB recruiting got to get better.

vCash
    Are we top 15? No
    Could we be with the right coaches/commitment? Occasionally
    But this class will be solid if we can get the last few pieces. And while I'll complain about some things, we almost always have a good plan when things don't go our way. That DB recruiting got to get better.
    Any news on a kicker?

vCash
    I think the perception is that you never post anything positive. Maybe you just feel compelled to post when something bothers you. Even a "positive" post from you has a negative slant... "This loss isn't on the coaching staff! It's on the players." Sorry that's not verbatim.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    I think the perception is that you never post anything positive. Maybe you just feel compelled to post when something bothers you. Even a "positive" post from you has a negative slant... "This loss isn't on the coaching staff! It's on the players." Sorry that's not verbatim.
    Yeah, that truth shat really sux.