Page 51 of 103 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2051

Thread: 2022 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    The problem is no one on MSU side or anywhere else had the same opinion as Steve on the Oatis recruitment. Our fans just chose to believe Steve because it was more popular than what others were saying.

vCash
    Only saving grace is if he shows up in Starkville next weekend instead of Tuscaloosa……

But that isn’t happening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    The problem is no one on MSU side or anywhere else had the same opinion as Steve on the Oatis recruitment. Our fans just chose to believe Steve because it was more popular than what others were saying.
    This x a bunch

vCash
    We're going to sign the best player and DL in MS. Oatis can play games, but he better be careful doing it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Only saving grace is if he shows up in Starkville next weekend instead of Tuscaloosa……

But that isn’t happening.
    He's in the all star game next weekend. He won't be in Starkville. This ship is headed out to sea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    He's in the all star game next weekend. He won't be in Starkville. This ship is headed out to sea.
    seems a lot of good prospects are on that ship.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    seems a lot of good prospects are on that ship.
    Not really. But kids aren't going to play games with this staff. Oatis was never coming anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Not really. But kids aren't going to play games with this staff. Oatis was never coming anyway.
    I disagree with this philosophy, but I hope this works for us.

vCash
    So we have a huge recruiting weekend and not one public commit?

vCash
    Well two different days a poster in the know did the �� emoji so something happened….. guessing privately

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Out of all the kids who played the game when Mullen was here; a) how many did we land, b) how many wound up any good at OM?, and c) how many times was Mullen & Co caught flat footed and had no plan b?
    I?m pretty sure the answers are 2 (Chris Jones and Leo Lewis), zero, and every time.
    So I?ve got no problems with Leach wanting kids in the boat and solid
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Out of all the kids who played the game when Mullen was here; a) how many did we land, b) how many wound up any good at OM?, and c) how many times was Mullen & Co caught flat footed and had no plan b?
    I?m pretty sure the answers are 2 (Chris Jones and Leo Lewis), zero, and every time.
    This is the correct approach. Want the respect of recruits then respect your program first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    You think a kid that lies to the staff isn't a liability and issue? If the coaches got hung out last minute on some flip, you guys would lose your minds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    This is the correct approach. Want the respect of recruits then respect your program first.
    This all day. How many guys screwed us for OM that played the game and led on us? Not like didn't have serious interest for OM. But were committed, or heavy leans, then all of sudden went to OM? CJ Johnson is about the only one that comes to mind.

I can't remember any others where we were like damn that one hurt. Leach has the right approach. If you don't want to be here, don't commit and don't lead us on. Mullen got screwed on stuff like that all the time and we had to scramble last minute to fill scholarships. Leach won't do that. Get in or get out but don't waste time.

It's one thing to recruit a kid the entire way. It's an entirely different thing to commit then play games. This staff won't tolerate that and I'm 100% on board.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    You nailed it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcat91 View Post
    I mean, it's 10 days before signing day, the silent commits that we have might as well wait

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    This all day. How many guys screwed us for OM that played the game and led on us? Not like didn't have serious interest for OM. But were committed, or heavy leans, then all of sudden went to OM? CJ Johnson is about the only one that comes to mind.

I can't remember any others where we were like damn that one hurt. Leach has the right approach. If you don't want to be here, don't commit and don't lead us on. Mullen got screwed on stuff like that all the time and we had to scramble last minute to fill scholarships. Leach won't do that. Get in or get out but don't waste time.

It's one thing to recruit a kid the entire way. It's an entirely different thing to commit then play games. This staff won't tolerate that and I'm 100% on board.
    Agree with this a million %. If you don't want to be here, you probably need to be faking injuries with that child up north anyway.

vCash
    It is hard to wait until signing day December 15th knowing that so many potentially really good players may sign with State.

But, it's only a couple weeks. Remember when it was in February and there was over two months of this stuff after the season ended. I can wait a couple more weeks, am I nervous about who we get? Yes, but I get nervous over silly shit all the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcat91 View Post
    I?m hearing we got 4 commitments this weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboydawg View Post
    I?m hearing we got 4 commitments this weekend.
    Let's get the speculation started:

Williams
    Blanton
    Rogers
    Ramsey?