Page 46 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    I would speak very slowly on saying someone is not good enough. I can think of several players who came in freshman year in baseball was used sparingly because they weren’t good enough then a year later blossomed into our starting lineup. He gave football a shot, doesn’t look like it worked out just yet. He is very talented, but Rogers is top 10 right now Heisman talk. He is not leaving next year even IF he wins the Heisman next year. We have 2 more good years of Rogers before he leaves at the earliest. Sawyer can still contribute on football, it remains to be seen baseball. When you have that kind of athletic talent you give the benefit of the doubt and take a wait and see approach.
    This is more like Plumlee. He can go out there a fart around but he's not coming here to play baseball. Never was. You think he's giving up Spring to play baseball while trying to win the QB spot? The kid has been here less than 6 months and people are claiming he can't beat out Will. You guys realize he wasn't facing great competition in HS right? He was never going to start his first year or two.

vCash
    I do not think he can or WILL beat Will Rogers for the starting QB. Pun intended. Going to be Rogers until 2024 before someone not named Rogers is starting barring injury of course.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    This is more like Plumlee. He can go out there a fart around but he's not coming here to play baseball. Never was. You think he's giving up Spring to play baseball while trying to win the QB spot? The kid has been here less than 6 months and people are claiming he can't beat out Will. You guys realize he wasn't facing great competition in HS right? He was never going to start his first year or two.
    Really ? Sawyer didn’t face great competition in high school ? Are you familiar with Texas HS football ?his 247 profile says he projects to be an nfl q b. I think he was 16th rated passer nation wide. I wouldn’t be so quick to condemn the kid.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Really ? Sawyer didn?t face great competition in high school ? Are you familiar with Texas HS football ?his 247 profile says he projects to be an nfl q b. I think he was 16th rated passer nation wide. I wouldn?t be so quick to condemn the kid.
    He's not condemning him but the area of Texas he lives in isn't great competition. Locke has faced way better comp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    He's not condemning him but the area of Texas he lives in isn't great competition. Locke has faced way better comp.
    I’m familiar with Lubbock and Sawyer is ranked quite a bit higher than Locke. sawyer also had more impressive offers from Texas, USC and FSU.

The size of the school really doesn’t concern me. He and Locke are both really talented recruits.

vCash
    I’m familiar with Lubbock and Sawyer is ranked quite a bit higher than Locke. sawyer also had more impressive offers from Texas, USC and FSU.

The size of the school really doesn’t concern me. He and Locke are both really talented recruits.
    You're arguing a point that no one is talking about. No one mentioned rankings at all.

vCash
    You're arguing a point that no one is talking about. No one mentioned rankings at all.
    Well to discount Sawyer in comparison to Locke based on “Robertson didn’t face any competition in HS” does not hold water when you look at Robertson’s high ranking. The coaching staffs at USC, Texas , FSU and many other schools also apparently aren’t bothered by his Lubbock Coronado’s lack of competition.

vCash
    Well to discount Sawyer in comparison to Locke based on “Robertson didn’t face any competition in HS” does not hold water when you look at Robertson’s high ranking. The coaching staffs at USC, Texas , FSU and many other schools also apparently aren’t bothered by his Lubbock Coronado’s lack of competition.
    What are you talking about? Are you drinking the whiskey while you post? He said nobody should've expected Sawyer to just come in & in 2 months win the starting QB job. He mentioned how Sawyer's HS competition was great. Which it wasn't. Somehow you've taken that as him slighting Sawyer & has started this whole narrative in your head. Relax no one has disrespected or discounted Sawyer. Maybe calm down a bit.

vCash
    You need to head to the sidelines. This is too much for you. Let me spell it out for you: WE NEVER EXPECTED SAWYER TO WIN THE JOB THIS YEAR
    Leach doesn't rush his QBs. Hell, Will isn't even at full throttle on the reins yet. This isn't a Mullen offense where you go grab an athlete and turn him into the QB. Will got thrown to the wolves last year out of necessity. He's just now caught up. He's still missing some reads and not doing a few things & he's almost two years starting.

vCash
    Anyone in the know gracious enough to do a final month big board?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Anyone in the know gracious enough to do a final month big board?
    Here is what 247 has currently. No idea if current;

Committed (18):

Marquez Dortch
    Javae Gilmore
    Donterry Russell
    Khalid Moore
    Braedyn Locke
    Lucas Taylor
    Zavion Thomas
    RJ Moss
    Cam East
    Dakota Jordan
    Kaydin Pope
    Trent Singleton
    Jarnorris Hopson
    Wesley Miller
    Jourdan Thomas
    Audavion Collins
    Kylon Grffin
    Jackson Cannon

Targets I know about:

Jaheim Oatis
    Trevon Williams
    Khamauri Rogers
    Stone Blanton
    Percy Lewis

vCash
    A couple of those on the committed list won't be on the signee list.

vCash
    A couple of those on the committed list won't be on the signee list.
    How many do we sign? We don't have a ton a room unless we are hoping for some "good attrition". In all seriousness, how many scholarship kids do we lose to NFL and graduation? Less than 15 right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    How many do we sign? We don't have a ton a room unless we are hoping for some "good attrition". In all seriousness, how many scholarship kids do we lose to NFL and graduation? Less than 15 right?
    Counting transfers I expect around 30 or so.

vCash
    Counting transfers I expect around 30 or so.
    So, how many transfers out do you expect? I would guess 15?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    So, how many transfers out do you expect? I would guess 15?
    I'd say between 8-12

vCash
    I'd say between 8-12
    How does he portal work, if a player knows they are going to leave are they contacted before the announce, or do schools have to wait until they declare? I feel sure there are handlers and middle men all up in this with some.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    How does he portal work, if a player knows they are going to leave are they contacted before the announce, or do schools have to wait until they declare? I feel sure there are handlers and middle men all up in this with some.
    "Allegedly" A player cannot be contacted until they announce their intent to transfer. Otherwise you would have coaches recruiting off of other teams' rosters.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    "Allegedly" A player cannot be contacted until they announce their intent to transfer. Otherwise you would have coaches recruiting off of other teams' rosters.
    FSU has two former MSU players because Ole Miss broke this rule.

vCash
    I was hoping for a Washington State player, the OT, to hit the portal by now.