Page 44 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

vCash
    I'm not worried so much about the difference between 20 and 25. As long as we take care of the needs we have. OL , DL, LB,.... gotta see how we close out.

But love all the Wr's

If Blanton was leaning towards the other side.. I'm sure he enjoyed that visit to campus tonight.

vCash
    I just hope that the recruits we get have more speed than what we have now. We need speed, speed and more speed everywhere.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    I just hope that the recruits we get have more speed than what we have now. We need speed, speed and more speed everywhere.
    And apparently receivers that can catch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    And apparently receivers that can catch
    Our WRs didn't drop that many. Tulu had had one. Marks had a couple but he's RB. Most others were tough throws to handle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Our WRs didn't drop that many. Tulu had had one. Marks had a couple but he's RB. Most others were tough throws to handle
    We had 4 dropped TD passes on 2 drives. That just can’t happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    We had 4 dropped TD passes on 2 drives. That just can’t happen.
    I'm talking about our receivers. Marks doesn't count in that. And I just don't remember a second drive with a dropped TD, but I was drinking heavily after that one series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I'm talking about our receivers. Marks doesn't count in that. And I just don't remember a second drive with a dropped TD, but I was drinking heavily after that one series.
    Marks is definitely a receiver in this offense, even if he is a RB.

vCash
    Will missed a wide open Polk in the end zone, then we have 3 consecutive soft pillows dropped in the end zone. Then we miss two field goals.

That’s 20 points.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Will missed a wide open Polk in the end zone, then we have 3 consecutive soft pillows dropped in the end zone. Then we miss two field goals.

That’s 20 points.
    Not exactly, 3 of those were on the same drive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    Not exactly, 3 of those were on the same drive.
    Correct, 3 were on the same drive, that’s 7 points, Polk was missed, that’s 14 points, then the 2 field goals.

vCash
    So where are our guys with the recruiting updates? Very quiet this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcat91 View Post
    So where are our guys with the recruiting updates? Very quiet this year
    We were trending positively for several targets but then the Egg Bowl. The Egg Bowl never matters with recruits until WE lose it. Then it matters for some reason haha.

vCash
    We got two commits this week. Official visits are the next two weekends. Then the "dead" period.
    No recruits on campus this weekend with the Egg Bowl on Thanksgiving.

vCash
    Hmmm. I know of 1 potential recruit who was on the field prior to the egg bowl. He is a 10th grader.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    Hmmm. I know of 1 potential recruit who was on the field prior to the egg bowl. He is a 10th grader.
    There were a lot of guys at the Egg Bowl.

vCash
    I think we close very strong. I expect Blanton, Williams, and Rogers to sign with us.

I'm 50/50 on Oatis.

vCash
    From what I gather, we have a real opportunity to finish around 20 in recruiting without Oatis and close to 17 or 18 with him. That not only meets needs, but upgrades talent in numerous areas. The Defense needs speed badly. We had to gameplan around our lack of talent at Safety and have to correct that.

Sounds like we may get a early commit from the Laurel OL, Ellis. Im ready to get the 2023 class coming in

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcat91 View Post
    From what I gather, we have a real opportunity to finish around 20 in recruiting without Oatis and close to 17 or 18 with him. That not only meets needs, but upgrades talent in numerous areas. The Defense needs speed badly. We had to gameplan around our lack of talent at Safety and have to correct that.

Sounds like we may get a early commit from the Laurel OL, Ellis. Im ready to get the 2023 class coming in
    and we'll still grab a few guys in the portal, so that'll likely increase the rank as well. Hopefully we can get some impact players.

vCash
    Talked to someone at MRA.

They said the word is Stone is OM bound.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Talked to someone at MRA.

They said the word is Stone is OM bound.
    Good luck to him. He will have a new head football coach in under a year. But he will get to play in the Greatest stadium in college baseball and against the defending National champs when they come to play State.