Page 43 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    Not exactly, 3 of those were on the same drive.
    Correct, 3 were on the same drive, that’s 7 points, Polk was missed, that’s 14 points, then the 2 field goals.

vCash
    So where are our guys with the recruiting updates? Very quiet this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcat91 View Post
    So where are our guys with the recruiting updates? Very quiet this year
    We were trending positively for several targets but then the Egg Bowl. The Egg Bowl never matters with recruits until WE lose it. Then it matters for some reason haha.

vCash
    We got two commits this week. Official visits are the next two weekends. Then the "dead" period.
    No recruits on campus this weekend with the Egg Bowl on Thanksgiving.

Banned
    vCash
    Hmmm. I know of 1 potential recruit who was on the field prior to the egg bowl. He is a 10th grader.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    Hmmm. I know of 1 potential recruit who was on the field prior to the egg bowl. He is a 10th grader.
    There were a lot of guys at the Egg Bowl.

vCash
    I think we close very strong. I expect Blanton, Williams, and Rogers to sign with us.

I'm 50/50 on Oatis.

vCash
    From what I gather, we have a real opportunity to finish around 20 in recruiting without Oatis and close to 17 or 18 with him. That not only meets needs, but upgrades talent in numerous areas. The Defense needs speed badly. We had to gameplan around our lack of talent at Safety and have to correct that.

Sounds like we may get a early commit from the Laurel OL, Ellis. Im ready to get the 2023 class coming in

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcat91 View Post
    From what I gather, we have a real opportunity to finish around 20 in recruiting without Oatis and close to 17 or 18 with him. That not only meets needs, but upgrades talent in numerous areas. The Defense needs speed badly. We had to gameplan around our lack of talent at Safety and have to correct that.

Sounds like we may get a early commit from the Laurel OL, Ellis. Im ready to get the 2023 class coming in
    and we'll still grab a few guys in the portal, so that'll likely increase the rank as well. Hopefully we can get some impact players.

vCash
    Talked to someone at MRA.

They said the word is Stone is OM bound.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post

Good luck to him. He will have a new head football coach in under a year. But he will get to play in the Greatest stadium in college baseball and against the defending National champs when they come to play State.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post

Im sure Lemo knows his plans. I doubt he would keep our football staff in the dark.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I'm fine with whatever Stone does. He's the least of my worries with this class. We're about to grab up two commits this week (minimum). Just need to sort out the DB and OL and we'll be good because I'm already counting the top DL.
    Correct. I would like to have him, don't get me wrong. I think he can be a contributor at some point wherever he goes. But anybody who watched this year isn't overly concerned. And I watched every game. I'd like to have him sure, but he wasn't even the best defensive guy for Mra this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    [Blanton] wasn't even the best defensive guy for Mra this year.
    Who was?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Correct. I would like to have him, don't get me wrong. I think he can be a contributor at some point wherever he goes. But anybody who watched this year isn't overly concerned. And I watched every game. I'd like to have him sure, but he wasn't even the best defensive guy for Mra this year.
    Okay. This is getting ridiculous. Stone has potential. He was clearly MRA’s best defender. We need him. We want him.

However, I agree with many posters that linebackers are easier to find in our recruiting base territory than some other positions. So losing a linebacker recruit doesn’t hurt as much as some other positions.

vCash
    Stone may be a baseball first guy, just like Sawyer may be despite Sawyer being a great football talent. Who knows , maybe States lineup in baseball is too hard to crack Stone sees his future in MLB. Hard to say.

If my kid was told by scouts he’s going to get drafted in baseball with a big signing bonus, that would be hard to turn down. Football doesn’t offer guaranteed money to Undrafted free agents. Hell it’s hard to play two sports in high school nowadays, let alone college. All sports last year around for kids now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Stone may be a baseball first guy, just like Sawyer may be despite Sawyer being a great football talent. Who knows , maybe States lineup in baseball is too hard to crack Stone sees his future in MLB. Hard to say.

If my kid was told by scouts he’s going to get drafted in baseball with a big signing bonus, that would be hard to turn down. Football doesn’t offer guaranteed money to Undrafted free agents. Hell it’s hard to play two sports in high school nowadays, let alone college. All sports last year around for kids now.
    Sawyer isn't going to play baseball. Stone didn't have a great season because he was coming off a shoulder injury and his team wasn't as good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Sawyer isn't going to play baseball. Stone didn't have a great season because he was coming off a shoulder injury and his team wasn't as good.
    And how do you know Blanton isn’t a baseball first guy ? That’s probably driving his decision

vCash
    And how do you know Blanton isn’t a baseball first guy ? That’s probably driving his decision
    Football is what pays the bills.

Baseball is a factor, but football will be the deciding factor.

vCash
    I didn't say he wasn't. I said Sawyer.