Page 24 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    So I’ve seen a few people mention that we should expect some changes in our db recruiting with some commits moving on. I’m guessing we told these guys to look elsewhere?
    Depends on how many of our targets commit to us. We got burned a little bit on that Toles guy. I suspect our staff won't do the two birds in the bush thing again this year.

vCash
    Listening to T&L yesterday it sounds like they expect all but two of our recruits to decommit. Lol?it?s why I don?t keep up with recruiting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Listening to T&L yesterday it sounds like they expect all but two of our recruits to decommit. Lol?it?s why I don?t keep up with recruiting.
    Did they give a reason for that stupid assumption?

vCash
    Yea you had a few not come to camp

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    Did they give a reason for that stupid assumption?
    They didn?t really beyond all of them that have committed except two are still taking visits and most out of state kids that commit to us don?t really want to come to State we are fall back plans. Both Hadad and Faulk said this. We have an odd fan base and even odder media coverage.

vCash
    They didn?t really beyond all of them that have committed except two are still taking visits and most out of state kids that commit to us don?t really want to come to State we are fall back plans. Both Hadad and Faulk said this. We have an odd fan base and even odder media coverage.
    Throw in Bo Bounds and you have a circus. These are know nothing talking heads. A sad group. Ill especially call out Hadad who is the token whipping boy for the OM cabal.

vCash
    Kadarius Calloway leaving Bama going to Scooba Tech. I think we are the front runner for him this time. It will be us or OM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Kadarius Calloway leaving Bama going to Scooba Tech. I think we are the front runner for him this time. It will be us or OM
    Never saw that coming

vCash
    Yeah, I feel like if that is the case, that narrative needs to change within our media. That is an extremely negative mindset with a "i'm so lucky to have what I have" narrative. That's a 50 years ago State mindset, lets grow up.

vCash
    Let Calloway play a semester at Scooba tech and then go sign him in February.

Another example of a MS kid not panning out at Alabama. For every Raekwon Davis that pans out, I can show you 3-4 Kadarrius Calloway's, Nigel Knott's, Scott Lashley's that don't. Someone needs to show Jaheim Oatis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post

Another example of a MS kid not panning out at Alabama. For every Raekwon Davis that pans out, I can show you 3-4 Kadarrius Calloway's, Nigel Knott's, Scott Lashley's that don't. Someone needs to show Jaheim Oatis.
    It should help us with Oatis. Hard to see how it won't
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    It should help us with Oatis. Hard to see how it won't
    Because Bama will sell him that he's that Raekwon Davis. They're very good at it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Because Bama will sell him that he's that Raekwon Davis. They're very good at it.
    Yes, but they also see him as an OL & have mentioned it.

Plainly, he's not a fit at Bama profile was. Yes Bama is good at selling the brand, but the lack of success by Mississippi kids should be easy to recruit against them with
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Plus you have to tell them if they commit to us they are to expect an immediate drop in their rating, because the recruiting outfits love to troll our fanbase, just like the media.

vCash
    Yeah it was pretty strange to hear a recruiting site media guy (granted, football recruiting isn?t his main focus) saying ?I always expect out of state kids to decommit anyways.? Like, bro, sell your product.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hailmari View Post
    Yeah it was pretty strange to hear a recruiting site media guy (granted, football recruiting isn?t his main focus) saying ?I always expect out of state kids to decommit anyways.? Like, bro, sell your product.
    Hadad knows 0 about recruiting. Nor does he make an effort. In the years I?ve watched that website, that?s my one take away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post

Eh you could probably say that about our roster in general with big time MS kids over the years. We have had several come here and not do a thing and plenty of under the radar guys that kill it.

vCash
    Is it really trolling when we finish at about the same clip we recruit at per their rankings? We usually finish a season somewhere between 20-40 in the final rankings and we usually finish in that range in recruiting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    Is it really trolling when we finish at about the same clip we recruit at per their rankings? We usually finish a season somewhere between 20-40 in the final rankings and we usually finish in that range in recruiting.
    We finish where they want us to finish in the rankings. That's what it's come to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    We finish where they want us to finish in the rankings. That's what it's come to.
    This is 100% correct.