Page 100 of 103 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 2051

Thread: 2022 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    Who are the kids that secretly signed with us the 1st day but wanted to announce with their classmates. Also, I believe one was trying to surprise a relative or something. Who were they?
    Zavion Thomas and Kayden Pope both WR.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Zavion Thomas and Kayden Pope both WR.
    Thanks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    No.

Ask the people in the Byhalia area how they feel about the Ole Miss coaching staff after they dropped Makylan Pounders a few days before signing day.

Y'all are in spin mode, and I get it, but this is a terrible look and pretty much assures we won't be getting a kid from Biloxi any time soon. That's coming straight from a coach on staff at BHS.
    From my vantage point, it is two different situations. Ole Miss blindsided Pounders with this information just a few days before signing. RJ Moss told from day one we would not be signing him if it looks like he would not qualify on signing day. He was even encouraged to look elsewhere but no other SEC program or major P5 is going to sign him either with these grade issues. He can still go to South Alabama or JuCo, get his grades in order and transfer to a P5 if he can prove himself.

vCash
    College isnt for everyone.

vCash
    This is the last post I'll make on the topic because we're cluttering the recruiting thread and signing day is next week.

I'm not arguing that we shouldn't have dropped the kid bc he was a grade risk. That's what y'all are missing. No where have I said that. I'm arguing that the timing of it is wrong. You knew he was a grade risk in December. So you told him to sign in February. Then 5 days before signing day, you offer him a blue shirt. Obviously that option had not been discussed given the fact he took issue with it. Now him taking issue with it is another argument. I would've probably taken it if it were me and I felt I could get eligible. But the blue shirt should've been offered in December. His grades didn't magically change one way or the other in a month, especially since half that time was Christmas break. Luckily, for him (and us) it looks like he's gonna land on his feet at South Alabama. That's great.

In my opinion, it was a bad look, but it's all water under the bridge now.
    This is correct. Nothing changed between dec and now. We handled it very poorly to say the least

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    From my vantage point, it is two different situations. Ole Miss blindsided Pounders with this information just a few days before signing. RJ Moss told from day one we would not be signing him if it looks like he would not qualify on signing day. He was even encouraged to look elsewhere but no other SEC program or major P5 is going to sign him either with these grade issues. He can still go to South Alabama or JuCo, get his grades in order and transfer to a P5 if he can prove himself.
    Or enter the portal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    This is correct. Nothing changed between dec and now. We handled it very poorly to say the least
    Except you seem to have missed the part where they may have just found out that his grades from December weren't good enough to qualify.
    If it ain't broke, fix it til it is.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PCHSDawg View Post
    Except you seem to have missed the part where they may have just found out that his grades from December weren't good enough to qualify.
    So drop him in December. They've had his grades since December.

vCash
    Look, I see both sides of the story. RJ was not forthcoming with this grades. He is definitely behind in the classroom, and is more than likely not going to qualify. He knew what he needed grade wise to be part of this class. He didn't hold up his end of the bargain. Was told upfront that our staff needed to see that he was on track to qualify.
    I know a coach on staff there and he's a great dude. RJ still thinks he will have the grades, but he missed the mark for progress for our staff. I get why both sides are miffed. Recruiting isn't always black and white. Our staff doesn't want to lose a grant and RJ thinks he will still qualify. That's the gist of what is going on. From what I know, Blue shirt is still a possibility.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Ding ding ding

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trob115 View Post
    Look, I see both sides of the story. RJ was not forthcoming with this grades. He is definitely behind in the classroom, and is more than likely not going to qualify. He knew what he needed grade wise to be part of this class. He didn't hold up his end of the bargain. Was told upfront that our staff needed to see that he was on track to qualify.
    I know a coach on staff there and he's a great dude. RJ still thinks he will have the grades, but he missed the mark for progress for our staff. I get why both sides are miffed. Recruiting isn't always black and white. Our staff doesn't want to lose a grant and RJ thinks he will still qualify. That's the gist of what is going on. From what I know, Blue shirt is still a possibility.
    It's not like RJ can hide his grades. They have transcripts. The only problem with this is the timing. Nothing with his transcript has changed after 3 weeks of the 2nd semester.

vCash
    They've probably had his true grades since a couple weeks ago.

Grades don't get finalized and accessible officially by schools until into January.

A lot of folks think colleges get grades in December when kids leave for break. That's not true. They might have gotten word of mouth about his 1st semester grades, but nothing official until January.

When it comes to colleges taking high schools kids, I'm not going to take some kids word over what their transcript officially says. Because the transcript is what gets you qualified not a kids word.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    They've probably had his true grades since a couple weeks ago.

Grades don't get finalized and accessible officially by schools until into January.

A lot of folks think colleges get grades in December when kids leave for break. That's not true. They might have gotten word of mouth about his 1st semester grades, but nothing official until January.

When it comes to colleges taking high schools kids, I'm not going to take some kids word over what their transcript officially says. Because the transcript is what gets you qualified not a kids word.
    No P5 Coaching staff is taking the word of a kid when it comes to grades.

vCash
    It's not like RJ can hide his grades. They have transcripts. The only problem with this is the timing. Nothing with his transcript has changed after 3 weeks of the 2nd semester.
    The problem with your theory here is you are vastly underestimating the work it takes teachers and administration to grade finals, record final grades and create an official transcript. If you have any family members or friends in the education system and school administration you should know this. I bet you think teachers really have the Summer off and don?t do any work at home either. I have 3 kids in the MS public school system and a wife that has taught 20+ years?among other family and friends that are Superintendents or Principals in this State. What you are describing is not how it works. Listen to the Principal a few pages back. Maybe you are a Principal and your school is the outlier. Maybe at Biloxi High School they spend their Christmas break creating 1700 transcripts or just the ones that demanded it. Or maybe you are just wrong. The staff did not have his transcript in December. The earliest they had it was January close to mid January.

vCash
    So how pissed would everyone be if we took his signature and he was a non qualifier? We would lose that scholarship for at least a year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    So how pissed would everyone be if we took his signature and he was a non qualifier? We would lose that scholarship for at least a year.
    No one is saying we should've signed him. Not a single person.

vCash
    No one is saying we should've signed him. Not a single person.
    But you are saying the staff had his grades in December when the fact is they did not. All we have heard is how he is on track to qualify. Where has that been coming from? Our staff has not been going around saying that. Have to love anonymous sources. When his official transcript came over in Mid January it showed that he was not on track to qualify.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboydawg View Post
    But you are saying the staff had his grades in December when the fact is they did not. All we have heard is how he is on track to qualify. Where has that been coming from? Our staff has not been going around saying that. Have to love anonymous sources. When his official transcript came over in Mid January it showed that he was not on track to qualify.
    They had his transcript from the fall. You can believe that or not.

vCash
    They had his transcript from the fall. You can believe that or not.
    I could 100% prove you wrong but I will back off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboydawg View Post
    I could 100% prove you wrong but I will back off.