Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
Yeah, I was curious so I went through every NFL roster and found that there are 141 DB's in the NFL 5'11" or under. So I would say 5'11" is a very common size for a DB.
I am not looking at the current state of NFL CB's. Those guys came out of HS 5-10 or even more years ago. For the most part your top CB's out of HS are 6 foot or taller these days. There are some under 6 but not nearly as many as in years past.

if you look at what coming into the NFL now, they are taller and the higher rated CB's coming out of HS are taller as well. You will see the same trend with WR's as well. I am not saying the days of your smaller CB's & WR's are gone but there many more outside WR's getting bigger and bigger every year. There will always be a place for shorter players but to say that 5' 11'' is not shorter than the majority of your top prospects is wrong.

Both last years draft and this years draft around 80% of the top 20 CB were 6 foot and taller. The only guys under six foot drafted highly were barely under six foot for the most part. That makes him smaller if you want to be in that group. The days of all your CB's being 5' 10" are gone or you simply can't defend these 6' 4" WR's that are becoming more and more prevalent.