Page 88 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 2051

Thread: 2022 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

vCash
    Four star OT Quinn Carroll from ND 6-7 315 and four star edge rusher from Utah 6-7 265 enter portal along with four star Michigan corner.

Austin Howell holds a State offer. Watch his highlight film on 247, he’s a beast. Really good player under the radar. I think he’s a starting LB in a year or so for whoever gets him.
    Last edited by WhiskeyPirate; 01-03-2022 at 08:33 PM.

vCash
    A name to watch the next few days is Jason Brownlee WR from USM.. I except him to hit the portal and sign with Leach and the boys

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    A name to watch the next few days is Jason Brownlee WR from USM.. I except him to hit the portal and sign with Leach and the boys
    Would be a good pick up. I didnt understand why MoHead didnt try to sign him originally.
    Last edited by Leeshouldveflanked; 01-05-2022 at 07:55 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Would be a good pick up. I didnt understand why MoHead didnt try to sign him originally.
    Would be a very nice pick-up. Very good height and size (6? 3, 205-210). Had a very solid year in an absolutely abysmal offense.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by No BS Dawg View Post
    Would be a very nice pick-up. Very good height and size (6? 3, 205-210). Had a very solid year in an absolutely abysmal offense.
    Looks like the same mold as Makai Polk. His scooba tape shows good vision on the tunnel screen play that we love. He'd be a solid addition if he can replicate his statline. Cant have enough 50+ catch, 500+ yd, 5+ TD guys. The ideal Leach offense likely has 8+ of those receiving and 2+ plus running (replace catches with rushes)

That'd be perfect balance across all 5 skill positions and their backups.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    That would be a jersey I would have to get.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PCHSDawg View Post
    That would be a jersey I would have to get.
    Let's hope it happens.

vCash
    Any further info on Brownlee? My rebel/bear/shark/powder blue/he/she friends still feel as if Mingo will bolt for State if kiffin doesn't land a high profile portal QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    Any further info on Brownlee? My rebel/bear/shark/powder blue/he/she friends still feel as if Mingo will bolt for State if kiffin doesn't land a high profile portal QB.
    Mingo was an absolute non factor in that bowl game. Even before corral exited. I hope it was just him ready to be out of there. The effort he showed made it look like he would fit in with our bowl enthusiasm...

vCash
    If I had to choose between Brownlee and Mingo, I?d take Brownlee all day and twice on Tuesday. He is a blue collar player that excelled on a really crappy team. Mingo has yet to show anything that is consistently impressive. The only positive Mingo has over Brownlee is that he played his HS ball with Rogers, so there would be a definite comfort and familiarity already in place.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post

Austin Howell holds a State offer. Watch his highlight film on 247, he?s a beast. Really good player under the radar. I think he?s a starting LB in a year or so for whoever gets him.
    I know a little bit about this one. Not far from here. Played at a tiny single A school. Legit 4.6. Extremely strong. 400 bench. Close to 600 squat. Our starting QB was telling me about him this summer. Definitely worth a shot.

vCash
    Washington State QB Jayden de Laura has entered the portal.

227-359, 63.2%, 2,798 yards, 7.8 avg, 23 TDs, 9 INTs.

Didn't play the full season, but those are solid numbers. Throw him an offer and see if he wants to compete with Will. Probably won't, but it'd be worth looking into.

vCash
    What happened to kids we had secret commitments from that were waiting to have their day today at the All American game?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Washington State QB Jayden de Laura has entered the portal.

227-359, 63.2%, 2,798 yards, 7.8 avg, 23 TDs, 9 INTs.

Didn't play the full season, but those are solid numbers. Throw him an offer and see if he wants to compete with Will. Probably won't, but it'd be worth looking into.
    DeLaura is a good dual threat talent, is tough can run it well and has a good arm......however, he likes to improvise on his own and right now I think would drive Leach crazy by not patiently progressing through his reads. If he holds the clip board a year and Leach could develop h8m, he’s got a high ceiling. He could do a lot of what Corrall could do.

Austin Howell would be a four star if the rating services were worth a darn. I’d go as far as to say he’d be a really good starter for State. Really athletic and just a hard nosed physical player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    What happened to kids we had secret commitments from that were waiting to have their day today at the All American game?
    Thought that was one player last year???

One is announcing in his mothers birthday and has already signed, the other is signing with his school.

Or am I missing two secret commits?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    That was last year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post

One is announcing in his mothers birthday and has already signed, the other is signing with his school.

I think you're right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    That was last year
    Gotcha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post

Nope, you aren't missing anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    DeLaura is a good dual threat talent, is tough can run it well and has a good arm......however, he likes to improvise on his own and right now I think would drive Leach crazy by not patiently progressing through his reads. If he holds the clip board a year and Leach could develop h8m, he’s got a high ceiling. He could do a lot of what Corrall could do.

Austin Howell would be a four star if the rating services were worth a darn. I’d go as far as to say he’d be a really good starter for State. Really athletic and just a hard nosed physical player.
    Well. Find out if the staff really wants him. Because he really wants to be there. Otherwise he’s going to Troy.

And no. You can’t guarantee getting him in the portal. They need to get him now.

Just so you know. Our starting QB I was talking about just signed with Troy to be their shortstop.
    Last edited by FriarsPoint; 01-09-2022 at 02:52 AM.